Eva and Escaflowne

A forum for discussing the filmmakers and artists associated with Khara, Trigger, or Gainax, but apart from their studio projects.

Moderator: Board Staff

TheBlueTree
Gaghiel
Gaghiel

Eva and Escaflowne

•      
  •      

Postby TheBlueTree » Sat Jul 23, 2005 1:13 pm

Has anyone ever noticed that the escaflowne (movie) theme and eva are like the exact same? I mean come on, hitome has a choice to kill everyone on gaea to get rid of all sorrow, then she stops cus... i dunno why lol, but isn't that just like the HIP? but instead of everyone dieing though, we become one... kinda sounds similar to me.

Mr. Bud
Lilith

•      
  •      

Postby Mr. Bud » Mon Jul 25, 2005 10:47 am

Escaflowne sucks.

TheBlueTree
Gaghiel
Gaghiel

•      
  •      

Postby TheBlueTree » Mon Jul 25, 2005 4:41 pm

hmp... so quick to judge, so quick to dismay. If your gana say something sucks you might wana atleast try and explain why, because a comment like that just takes up space, and sends no direction to anything.

DatDude
Test Subject
Test Subject

•      
  •      

Postby DatDude » Mon Jul 25, 2005 5:30 pm

I've only seen the move, and I really didn't get the same " vibe" from it that I got from eva. That and cat girls are evil and should all be shot.
There was an EVA Nerd here, but now he's gone.

Reichu
Admin Emeritus
Admin Emeritus

•      
  •      

Postby Reichu » Mon Jul 25, 2005 5:38 pm

Escaflowne the Movie sucks. The TV series r0x0rz, and if you don't agree, you suck!

Just kidding.

But seriously, Escaflowne and Evangelion have nothing in common. Except perhaps the Almighty Plot Hole.
さらば、全てのEvaGeeks。
「滅びの運命は新生の喜びでもある」
Departure Message | The Arqa Apocrypha: An Evangelion Analysis Blog

DatDude
Test Subject
Test Subject

•      
  •      

Postby DatDude » Mon Jul 25, 2005 5:39 pm

Reichu wrote:Escaflowne the Movie sucks. The TV series r0x0rz, and if you don't agree, you suck!

Just kidding.

But seriously, Escaflowne and Evangelion have nothing in common. Except perhaps the Almighty Plot Hole.

I've only seen the move so I'll take you word for it. As long as I can kill the cat girls.
There was an EVA Nerd here, but now he's gone.

Soluzar
Sandalphon
Sandalphon

•      
  •      

Postby Soluzar » Mon Jul 25, 2005 7:34 pm

DatDude wrote:
Reichu wrote:Escaflowne the Movie sucks. The TV series r0x0rz, and if you don't agree, you suck!

Just kidding.

I've only seen the move so I'll take you word for it. As long as I can kill the cat girls.

Take my word as well. The only similarity I can see is that people pilot things.
Natsukashii, ne?

TheBlueTree
Gaghiel
Gaghiel

•      
  •      

Postby TheBlueTree » Tue Jul 26, 2005 2:31 pm

Yeah thats what i ment by similar. I wouldn't say that the movie sucks, in my opinion it could be better though, but the tv series does kick its ass.(even though their noses on the tv series look like that of an elephant)

Hexon.Arq
Pilot
Pilot

•      
  •      

Postby Hexon.Arq » Tue Jul 26, 2005 4:50 pm

I enjoyed the Escaflowne movie, being that it's all that I've seen. I hope to eventually share your disdain for it.

Was the movie not a condensation of the series? If so, I can't see anything that points to any connections with Eva, and in fact, that "choice" was completely omitted from the movie, IIRC.

_you can't do anything, so don't even try
_get some help
_don't do what sonic does

Shin-seiki
Committeeperson
Committeeperson

•      
  •      

Postby Shin-seiki » Tue Jul 26, 2005 5:09 pm

Hexon.Arq wrote:I enjoyed the Escaflowne movie, being that it's all that I've seen. I hope to eventually share your disdain for it.

Was the movie not a condensation of the series? If so, I can't see anything that points to any connections with Eva, and in fact, that "choice" was completely omitted from the movie, IIRC.
The movie is an alternate world, with the same cast of characters, but with very different personalities and situations. The movie was OK, but the TV series rox

Reichu
Admin Emeritus
Admin Emeritus

•      
  •      

Postby Reichu » Tue Jul 26, 2005 5:13 pm

TheBlueTree wrote:Yeah thats what i ment by similar. I wouldn't say that the movie sucks, in my opinion it could be better though, but the tv series does kick its ass.(even though their noses on the tv series look like that of an elephant)

Elephants' noses are long, pointy, and capable of impalement?

(Oh, wait... I already did something like that recently, didn't I?)

The character designs are a bit strange, but it doesn't bother me that much. Just shift your focus from the noses to the awesome Kanno soundtrack and you'll be fine.
さらば、全てのEvaGeeks。
「滅びの運命は新生の喜びでもある」
Departure Message | The Arqa Apocrypha: An Evangelion Analysis Blog

Mr. Bud
Lilith

•      
  •      

Postby Mr. Bud » Wed Jul 27, 2005 8:02 pm

TheBlueTree wrote:hmp... so quick to judge, so quick to dismay. If your gana say something sucks you might wana atleast try and explain why, because a comment like that just takes up space, and sends no direction to anything.

I hate how everyone thinks if you think somethings crappy/bad you always have to frickin' explain yourself. I bet if I said it was awesome you wouldn't have said "Explain why it's awesome".

Defectron
Tentacle Girl
Tentacle Girl

•      
  •      

Postby Defectron » Wed Jul 27, 2005 9:23 pm

Well I think the shows decently good but not great either. I really liked Escaflownes plot but a lot of the characters I found a bit irritating.
Parasite Galaxy: An experimental webcomic

http://www.parasitegalaxy.com/ Updates Monday and Thursday. Vote for me on top webcomics

If you want to support this comic buy something from me on amazon

Return to “Related to the Filmmakers and Artists”