If you could work at NERV...

This is the place to start: Feel free to introduce yourself, have general conversations and casual discussions about all things Evangelion, including chit-chatty topics like "Sachiel is adorable" or "Which Eva kicks the most ass?"

Moderator: Board Staff

IrkenEvangelion
Pilot
Pilot

•      
  •      

Postby IrkenEvangelion » Tue Jun 23, 2009 9:00 pm

Lol! Well it's like in Rebuild when all the cars fall into the big hole in the city, was that gonna be payed for?
THIS IS STEINS;GATE'S CHOICE!
----<3 Merchant meets Spicy Wolf <3----
8 YEARS OF EVA, Does it mean something to you?
EvaPedia|Xbox Live|El Psy Congroo

Evangelionfreak
Ireul
Ireul

•      
  •      

Postby Evangelionfreak » Tue Jun 23, 2009 9:02 pm

I wanna be the person who gets to play gendos theme song
its gendo!
ohhh baby

:boingy:
I don't care for Eva-elitists. I don't know everything, and neither do you.

"I'm real tempted to say Kaworu and Evangelionfreak" Rahaquiel-2DIS
"Is that why they call you EvangelionFreak?" DatDude
"I will never understand you, Evangelionfreak. Never ever." Faußtin
"-Shinji is all alone, but Kaworu walks up to him and says, "So it's only us now.". End. YOU[girls]WISH. I'm looking at you, Evangelionfreak."Rahaquiel-2DIS
"Well, that still leaves Evangelionfreak straighter to me. Phew." Reichu

child of Lilith
Celestial Serendipity
Celestial Serendipity

•      
  •      

Postby child of Lilith » Tue Jun 23, 2009 9:02 pm

Joseph the PRPD wrote:
child of Lilith wrote:I’d be anyone with a high enough clearance level to go anywhere in NERV so when the goddamn JSDF show up I wouldn’t get trapped in some corner.

Wouldn't save you from being turned into TANG.

No it wouldn’t… but I couldn’t avoid being tanged no mater what I did so given a choice I’d rather be alive somewhere safe in NERV when I get tanged then shot full of holes and perhaps burned to a crisp.

Rommel
Ireul
Ireul

•      
  •      

Postby Rommel » Tue Jun 23, 2009 10:17 pm

Could I just work for the JSSDF instead? At least then I'd have a frigging gun.

Fast Tony DeNiro
Tunniel
Tunniel

•      
  •      

Postby Fast Tony DeNiro » Tue Jun 23, 2009 10:39 pm

Sammaeloo wrote:Speaking of cleaning up, after Ramiel was beaten and they were dismantling him, what did they do with all those pieces afterward? Also with Shamshel, when they were done studying the corpse what did they do with it?

And when they were done, there were leftovers:

Action_Bastard
Marduk Selectee
Marduk Selectee

•      
  •      

Postby Action_Bastard » Tue Jun 23, 2009 11:10 pm

Well, since I am a Geography Major and am going into the field of GIS, I'd have a job of geospacial analysis. That is, when Fuyutsuki says that the maps need to be redrawn, I'm the person to work on that, as well as any other analysis needed, such as affected areas of T3, population densities of T3, frequency of Angel attacks on T3, etc, etc.

Man, that would be a dream job right out of college! :smirk:
REBUILD ≠ SERIES! GET IT THROUGH YOUR THICK F***ING SKULLS!! :fistshake:
MyAnimeList

Combs
Matarael
Matarael

•      
  •      

Postby Combs » Wed Jun 24, 2009 2:44 am

Sammaeloo wrote:Speaking of cleaning up, after Ramiel was beaten and they were dismantling him, what did they do with all those pieces afterward? Also with Shamshel, when they were done studying the corpse what did they do with it?

PWM for healing the Evas.

Now that the topic of Eva hygiene comes up, one must wonder about this stuff. Do they need to trim their fingernails? Cut their Hair? Shave 'em? cause thats a job for me.
Proud founder, and sole member of A.I.D.S
"Can you bond with someone, over a television show? ...neuuugh?" -Craig Ferguson
"her BREASTS are like THE MAJOR'S from GHOAST In the MACHINE, She is like a person with CYBORG RADIATOR BREATSTS that do not WORK unless EXPOSED or in TIGHT CLOTHING or else the EXPELLED HEAT managed to SET THINGS ON FIRE" -chee, on misogyny

Fast Tony DeNiro
Tunniel
Tunniel

•      
  •      

Postby Fast Tony DeNiro » Wed Jun 24, 2009 3:00 am

I'd bet the Evas stink to high heaven. It's like if you've ever broken a bone and had to wear a cast, all the sweat and disgusting builds up and when the cast comes off your arm or whatever smells like dying.

Those Evas are encased in thick armor, and being "human" they probably sweat, and we know they're constantly covered in blood.

So they probably need a good sponge bath every now and then. I know I'm not volunteering for that.

LiLi
Marduk Selectee
Marduk Selectee

•      
  •      

Postby LiLi » Wed Jun 24, 2009 4:33 am

If Magi were a quantum computing-based machine, then I guess I could be one of Ritsuko's underlings...? Otherwise... one of the theoretical calculations people who get a single minuscule office for a whole bunch of them and a pencil and paper sheets as the apex of modern technology... And while the world gets tanged, I'd be fixing a wrong (-) sign in one of the formulas, only to realize, too late, that it means I'm about to get TANGIF- :kaos_?:
"People need more stfu in their diets." (NemZ)
"It was brainf@rt at first sight." [LiLi on Romance, II]

AVATAR - CUPCAKE CAT, SHOPPED BY NemZ

Zaque
Ramiel
Ramiel

•      
  •      

Postby Zaque » Thu Jun 25, 2009 12:28 am

^ no, crossbows won't save you either. :P

Personally, I'd like to work with the various things related to the metaphysical biology that's in the series, although probably staying away from the dummy plug system unless absolutely needed. as for job specifics, I'd hope to be the one the team analyzing shamshel's core sample, the one back in the day helping with Rei's "birth", which would also mean one of those people freaking out when Yui disappeared. setting up the A10 connection system, attempting to salvage Shinji when he disappeared as well, help keeping the evas in check, writing the users manual on the destrudo button, working with lilith, coding the ATF/AATF detection system, taking naps in terminal dogma, etc. etc.
Everything is subject to change.

LeoXiao
Bridge Bunny
Bridge Bunny

•      
  •      

Postby LeoXiao » Thu Jun 25, 2009 11:12 pm

Rommel wrote:Could I just work for the JSSDF instead? At least then I'd have a frigging gun.

The NERV guys have guns, they're just not trained to use them properly.

Sammaeloo
Bridge Bunny
Bridge Bunny

•      
  •      

Postby Sammaeloo » Thu Jun 25, 2009 11:22 pm

Maybe someone here could become a weapons and combat trainer. They'll say,"What would we need that for, we have the most advanced and powerful defenses in the world." Then when the JSSDF attacks, "Maybe we should have gone to that defense class..."
Seize the day.....by the throat....
I hate mcdonalds because their mascot is a creepy spooky clown who looks like he smells funny. Seriously every time I see ronald I think he's secretly some sort of rapist who turns people into hamburgers. Also their food sucks. -Defectron
Our plumbing is messed up and my dad will not call anybody because he's a cheap asshole. Fuck you old man, fucking call someone. Some of us want to stay sanitary. -backseatjesus

Sharaz Destler
Lilin
Lilin

•      
  •      

Postby Sharaz Destler » Fri Jun 26, 2009 10:16 am

RE: Fast Tony deNiro

I'm of the opinion that Shamshel tastes like shark-meat, even though I don't know what shark-meat tastes like, having never tried it before. It must taste vaguely sharky, I suppose...

On-topic, I'd love to be the NERV therapist. Gotta keep those Children in working order somehow.
"To the rational mind, nothing is inexplicable...only unexplained."--The Doctor, "Doctor Who".

Merridian
Angel
Angel

•      
  •      

Postby Merridian » Fri Jun 26, 2009 4:34 pm

Supplier. An agency that huge would need astronomical amounts of paper, staples, coffee, clipboards, ballpoint pens, floppy discs, toner, bullets, water coolers, Section-2 suits & glasses & shoes, goofy little keyboard things that plug into the MAGI, floor wax, wrenches, all that stuff. And that’s not even getting into what the Evas themselves need for supplies (armor, replacement knives, etc.), but that would probably be handled by someone else.

It’s hard to say whether the supplier company be working directly for NERV there, or if it'd just be a civilian contractor. Maybe they work it out like the Marduk Institute. If my company was the one supplying the guardians of existence, I doubt NERV would take the risk of letting us be independent.

If that doesn’t count, then I'd guess one of the bridge crew would work. I just want to stare at holoprojections and scream technobabble.
“Reality resonation fields are experiencing cascade failures across the board! Hyper-phase existence nodes are approaching terminal verisimilitude! Harmonic brainwave frequencies are beginning to vibrate transubstantially! Ontological awareness barriers have gone critical! IT’S GONNA BLOW!”

Action_Bastard
Marduk Selectee
Marduk Selectee

•      
  •      

Postby Action_Bastard » Fri Jun 26, 2009 4:59 pm

Floppy discs??? What is this, 1996 or something. Its set in 2015 from cripes sakes. A flash drive would suffice, and 64GB special Nerv ones at that.
MyAnimeList

Sammaeloo
Bridge Bunny
Bridge Bunny

•      
  •      

Postby Sammaeloo » Fri Jun 26, 2009 5:07 pm

Sharaz Destler wrote:
On-topic, I'd love to be the NERV therapist. Gotta keep those Children in working order somehow.

A therapy session with Asuka or Shinji would transpire as such-[url]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-dp2-vF9F-M[/url]
Seize the day.....by the throat....
I hate mcdonalds because their mascot is a creepy spooky clown who looks like he smells funny. Seriously every time I see ronald I think he's secretly some sort of rapist who turns people into hamburgers. Also their food sucks. -Defectron
Our plumbing is messed up and my dad will not call anybody because he's a cheap asshole. Fuck you old man, fucking call someone. Some of us want to stay sanitary. -backseatjesus

Mr. Tines
Administrator
Administrator

•      
  •      

Postby Mr. Tines » Fri Jun 26, 2009 5:40 pm

Action_Bastard wrote:Floppy discs??? What is this, 1996 or something.
Looking at the other consumer electronics... yes.
Reminder: Play nicely <<>> My vanity publishing:- NGE|blog|Photos|retro-blog|Fanfics &c.|MAL|𝕏|🐸|🦣

Megashadow13
Adam

•      
  •      

Postby Megashadow13 » Fri Jun 26, 2009 6:11 pm

Mr. Tines wrote:
Action_Bastard wrote:Floppy discs??? What is this, 1996 or something.
Looking at the other consumer electronics... yes.

after what mr tines said... eva was made in the 90s before 1995...

nuff said...

and if i were on NERV... considering im working on a BA in Computer Science... and got some weapon training... i think i would be one of the bridge bunnies lol that way i could duke it out with the JSSDF (or how it is correctly spelled watever..) and take some bastards down before TANG time!! >: D hahaha
Reality is just an extension of your dreams~
if you fail in epic proportions, you might just become a winning failure...
O WRYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYLY??

Action_Bastard
Marduk Selectee
Marduk Selectee

•      
  •      

Postby Action_Bastard » Fri Jun 26, 2009 6:22 pm

Some people just don't understand sarcasm. Doesn't translate well when written. Oh well.
MyAnimeList

Megashadow13
Adam

•      
  •      

Postby Megashadow13 » Fri Jun 26, 2009 6:32 pm

Action_Bastard wrote:Some people just don't understand sarcasm. Doesn't translate well when written. Oh well.

i got it, there was no flaming/whatever in session... on my part at least XD lol
Reality is just an extension of your dreams~
if you fail in epic proportions, you might just become a winning failure...
O WRYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYLY??

Return to “Evangelion General and Chit-Chat”