OP sound mixes

For talking about all other entries in the Evangelion franchise: from the various manga and video games to merchandising and various video/audio releases.

Moderator: Board Staff

Forum rules
By visiting this forum, you agree to read the rules for discussion and abide by them.
DIDDY
Tunniel
Tunniel

OP sound mixes

•      
  •      

Postby DIDDY » Fri Jun 12, 2009 1:24 pm

Background information before I ask my question:

- I don't have a 5.1 setup. Only 2.0. I have never listened to a 5.1 mix in a 5.1 setup.
- I do not know how to mix in 5.1, nor do I know what the practices are when studios "remix in 5.1". I am familiar with 2.0 mixing. If a company was to release a 5.1 remix, it would seem like a reasonable practice to provide consumers with a 2.0 mix, or at least to ensure that the 5.1 mix was well-balanced (since a lot of consumers do not have a 5.1 setup).
- I know the Platinum edition is 5.1 and the previous edition (I don't know what it's called - the boxes have Collection 0:1, 0:2, etc. on them - so I'll just call it Collection 0) is 2.0.
- The editions I'm referring to are all ADV's.

My question is:

Was the OP song remixed in anyway (5.1 or otherwise) in the Platinum edition?

For some reason, I thought it didn't sound as good as it did on the Collection 0 edition (keep in mind I watched both editions on a stereo setup). I never made a side to side comparison (I might just do it, as my video rental store never upgraded to Platinum and I sometimes have a lot of time on my hands :pwnd: ); I just watched the Collection 0 edition first and bought Platinum later on, so I'm thinking the differences I'm noticing might have to do with my better knowledge of the song (ie.: I might be isolating tracks in the mix instead of passively listening to it as a whole). But given that Platinum is 5.1 and Collection 0 is 2.0, there might have been a remix of the OP song in the process, which could explain the difference. Does anyone know anything about that?

I like the OP and I watch it everytime I watch an episode. :pwnd:
ONLY SMART PEOPLE LIKE EVANGELION?

Return to “Everything Else Evangelion”