Number of Reis

For serious and at times in-depth discussions only, covering the original TV series, the movies End of Evangelion and Death & Rebirth.

Moderator: Board Staff

Forum rules
By visiting this forum, you agree to read the rules for discussion and abide by them.
sadsadshinji
Nerv Scientist
Nerv Scientist

•      
  •      

Postby sadsadshinji » Sat Jul 16, 2005 8:16 am

never heard of that before, but i suppose it sounds somewhat plausible
as for the sync between Asuka and 02 during the battle with zeruel, i think it is assumed that the sync is cut before 02's head is sliced off

Soluzar
Sandalphon
Sandalphon

•      
  •      

Postby Soluzar » Sat Jul 16, 2005 2:16 pm

Space Penis wrote:That'd be why Zerogouki kept going crazy-mad-nutso, then. Huh, I'd never heard of that explantion before, and it makes a damn
sight more sense than others.

It's only a theory. I don't know offhand who came up with it, but I know that it's a long way from being universally accepted. I tend to like it as an idea, though.
Natsukashii, ne?

sadsadshinji
Nerv Scientist
Nerv Scientist

•      
  •      

Postby sadsadshinji » Sat Jul 16, 2005 3:54 pm

well, it certainly would explain the discrepancy with the soul-body relationship that occurred with kyoto

TheBlueTree
Gaghiel
Gaghiel

•      
  •      

Postby TheBlueTree » Sat Jul 16, 2005 4:21 pm

Space Penis wrote:
Mr. Bud wrote:
TheBlueTree wrote:I think the reason you would think that Rei's head would be sliced off would be because of the batte in EoE with Asuka, but Asuka only recived those injuries cus of the lance of longous which as in biblical mythology (fact not just commentary) can peirce the soul (i looked it up... on GOOGLE!!!!!!) but in Rei's case just the eva would have been hurt not her.

Oh. I always figured that her sync ratio with Unit-02 was like, super high at the time so she started to actually get the wounds that the Eva got.

I thought that that bit was from Asuka's perspective; to her it felt as thought her arm was cut in half, even though it was only happening to the Eva. Or something.

Also: This doesn't really warrent another thread, but when I was watching #18 again the other day I noticed that the Dummy Plug system in Shogouki's entry plug was marked "REI-00". Does this have any significance, or just one of those little things that doesn't mean anything?

its a Rei clone in the dummy plug, and in EoE there kwaru clones in the MP dummy plugs

sadsadshinji
Nerv Scientist
Nerv Scientist

•      
  •      

Postby sadsadshinji » Sun Jul 17, 2005 9:28 am

i was never really sure that there were clones inside of the dummy plug system (in the example with bardiel)
perhaps the red plugs were with clones, but they do say that the whole system has to do with a program that simulates a pilot

Reichu
Admin Emeritus
Admin Emeritus

•      
  •      

Postby Reichu » Sun Jul 17, 2005 1:35 pm

There are no clones in the dummy plugs.

http://animenation.net/forums/showthrea ... lone+dummy
さらば、全てのEvaGeeks。
「滅びの運命は新生の喜びでもある」
Departure Message | The Arqa Apocrypha: An Evangelion Analysis Blog

Return to “Evangelion TV Series + EoE Discussion”