Info on live action movie

The place for all of the old Live Action Evangelion Movie threads.

Moderator: Board Staff

Mr. Bud
Lilith

Postby Mr. Bud » Mon Jul 11, 2005 9:45 am

So you're saying they put live action on their page just for jollies?

Hexon.Arq
Pilot
Pilot

Postby Hexon.Arq » Mon Jul 11, 2005 4:04 pm

No, he's saying that he'd rather see a fully- CG movie, and is predending that the odds of that happening are great somehow.

_you can't do anything, so don't even try
_get some help
_don't do what sonic does

rip3mwk
Tunniel
Tunniel

Postby rip3mwk » Mon Jul 11, 2005 7:23 pm

Okay, there is no possible, nor plausible, way that the whole film (including cast) will be CG. What is going on in your mind I will never grasp.
First off, all-CGI films fail unless they are for kids... Final Fantasy lost around $100 million. No one would go to see a shittified version of an anime -- it would be one type of animation to another. A complete waste - look at what happened with Appleseed...
LotR Trilogy and the Matrix 3 (plusplus the new WofW) seem to be just as tricky to create live action/CGI but were pulled off none the less with good to great success. The upcoming Battle Angel is live action w/ a shit load of CG included yet will more than likely work out too.
That's my view of it at least.

Timesplitter 01
Nerv Scientist
Nerv Scientist

Postby Timesplitter 01 » Tue Jul 12, 2005 3:10 am

The reason that final fantasy lost that much is becasue the story line was somewhat over many peoples heads. But for some odd reason when I went and saw it at the cinema's the cinema was all most full.

Ok think of it this way. Imagine Evangelion with Final fantasy graphics and without the crappy story line.

Can I also point out that normal movies also fail, and badly at that eg Waterworld ( one of the biggest losses in hollywoods history).

With CGI you can build the characters to look like what they are supposed to look like, where as with real people it is much harder.

IF they can pull the evangelion live action movie with all CGI, I will go and see it even if the story sucks. And I will see it more than once.

All I can say is use your imaginations people.

And anyway trying to evangelion with real actors and real props ( exculing the eva's) would be extemely hard and time consuming.
I have too much anime, yet it's not enough. Anime Addict, if it were a drug; I'd be dead.

Mr. Bud
Lilith

Postby Mr. Bud » Tue Jul 12, 2005 9:42 am

Timesplitter 01 wrote:
IF they can pull the evangelion live action movie with all CGI, I will go and see it even if the story sucks. And I will see it more than once.

Then it wouldn't be live action.

Hexon.Arq
Pilot
Pilot

Postby Hexon.Arq » Tue Jul 12, 2005 5:01 pm

Final Fantasy:TSWi flopped not because the story went over people's heads; the story was very simple and quite generic. It failed because, for an all-CG movie, it was unimpressive. It had nothing new to say, it had dull environments, unbelieveable, stone-faced characters, and a predictable bit with a villain. In other words, unless you were very interested in textrue rendering, there was absolutely no reason to see it.

And anyway trying to evangelion with real actors and real props (exculing the eva's) would be extemely hard and time consuming.

And creating a world from nothing is not?

_get some help

Timesplitter 01
Nerv Scientist
Nerv Scientist

Postby Timesplitter 01 » Thu Jul 14, 2005 6:42 pm

Hexon.Arq wrote:Final Fantasy:TSWi flopped not because the story went over people's heads; the story was very simple and quite generic. It failed because, for an all-CG movie, it was unimpressive. It had nothing new to say, it had dull environments, unbelieveable, stone-faced characters, and a predictable bit with a villain. In other words, unless you were very interested in textrue rendering, there was absolutely no reason to see it.

And anyway trying to evangelion with real actors and real props (exculing the eva's) would be extemely hard and time consuming.

And creating a world from nothing is not?

I could go into a long arguement here but I do have the time to.
I have too much anime, yet it's not enough. Anime Addict, if it were a drug; I'd be dead.

Hexon.Arq
Pilot
Pilot

Postby Hexon.Arq » Fri Jul 15, 2005 1:14 am

It really depends on one's filming philosophy with regard to the world of Eva. It doesn't have to be as difficult as you're making it out to be.

_get some help

Timesplitter 01
Nerv Scientist
Nerv Scientist

Postby Timesplitter 01 » Fri Jul 15, 2005 4:47 am

In short

We will have to wait and see who's right and who's wrong.

Mr. Bud
Lilith

Postby Mr. Bud » Fri Jul 15, 2005 9:36 am

We're right. We're looking at what has been said about the film. You're looking at what you want to see.

rip3mwk
Tunniel
Tunniel

Postby rip3mwk » Fri Jul 15, 2005 9:50 pm

For a double-dip of the FF:TSW; Final Fantasy was well known to be a provacative, amazingly-well put together story placed within the walls of a video game series. Square decided to expand the bar with cinema. The bar was broken due to the lack of "provacative, amazingly-well put together story" placed within a short film... This has been overly dwelled upon but I just wanted to put in my two cents.

Timesplitter 01
Nerv Scientist
Nerv Scientist

Postby Timesplitter 01 » Sat Jul 16, 2005 1:54 am

Mr. Bud wrote:We're right. We're looking at what has been said about the film. You're looking at what you want to see.

We will see when the movie comes out.

rip3mwk
Tunniel
Tunniel

Postby rip3mwk » Sat Jul 16, 2005 5:52 pm

Okay so for the live action movie:
It is on hold, right? Does anyone think that the makers are waiting for another anime live action film release to see the results first (Aeon Flux) and then send eva into production? I've heard that there are many anime live action plans ranging from Blood: TLV to Akira.
Think about it... there has been a huge comic book to live action film fad over the last several years (and these are "cartoon images"), so might there be an anime live action film fad following? That would make my life worth living.

Hexon.Arq
Pilot
Pilot

Postby Hexon.Arq » Sun Jul 17, 2005 1:37 am

I expect the unannounced, undiscussed InuYasha live action movie to drop before Eva.

_get some help

Return to “Live Action Evangelion Movie”