Favorite/Least Favorite Angel and Why

This is the place to start: Feel free to introduce yourself, have general conversations and casual discussions about all things Evangelion, including chit-chatty topics like "Sachiel is adorable" or "Which Eva kicks the most ass?"

Moderator: Board Staff

tommh
Embryo

•      
  •      

Postby tommh » Fri May 01, 2009 11:58 am

Matarael. weaksauce

Joseph the PRPD
Elder God
Elder God

•      
  •      

Postby Joseph the PRPD » Fri May 01, 2009 12:05 pm

The 18th angel is somewhat irritating.
Cheese wheel in the U.S. Coast Guard.

xtr00kvltcorex
Gaghiel
Gaghiel

•      
  •      

Postby xtr00kvltcorex » Fri May 01, 2009 5:28 pm

Matarael. Looked cool but was taken down too easily.

Ramiel. I find a giant shape un-frightening. However, Rebuild Ramiel is amazing due to the ability to "expand" upon said most irritating shape.
I’m spinning
Faster than the earth
I’m shining
Brighter than the stars

TheLobe
Sachiel
Sachiel

•      
  •      

Postby TheLobe » Fri May 01, 2009 7:46 pm

zeruel, it felt like the angel didn't matter, because Shinji was the focus.

evils_death
Embryo

•      
  •      

Postby evils_death » Sat May 02, 2009 1:40 am

Radish wrote: Well, Leliel's defeat is a bit shifty, in that it kind of just happens, and remains completely unexplained even when it defies the understanding the viewer was given of the Angel's nature ("Wasn't that thing supposed to be its shadow?" ve might say). This is all deliberate, of course, to foster awe in the unstoppable will of Yui-sama, but it could be taking the tactic too far for some people. None that I've met, but still; they could exist.

I do not pretend to understand all that sea of Dirac and shadow BS, but it seemed to lead Ritsuko to believe dropping 992 N2 bombs would finish it off. I simply assumed that unit-01 released an AT-field with energy equal to that many mines... As I said, I don't understand the mechanics behind leliel, but the emerging from the shadow part is probably just to look cool.

Back on topic: I found Sahaquiel incredibly lame; it doesn't really do anything, even as a plot device. I mean, the other angels had some uses to advance the storyline but I always feel sahaquiel was there simply to fill time.

Alaska Slim
Frigus Ignoramus
Frigus Ignoramus

•      
  •      

Postby Alaska Slim » Sat May 02, 2009 10:31 pm

This one. Abstractness equates needless mind fuck to me.
"Therefore encourage one another and build one another up, just as you are doing." - 1 Thessalonians 5:11

"It is one of the blessings of old friends that you can afford to be stupid with them." -Ralph Waldo Emerson

"God is in his Heaven, and free men walk upon the Earth" - Rev. Robert Sirico, President of the Acton Institute

CyberXIII
Bardiel
Bardiel

•      
  •      

Postby CyberXIII » Wed May 13, 2009 9:05 pm

The Lilim annoy me to no end. Also Adam, as he was a McGuffin for most of the series.
Sandolphon was a waste, and Leliel was too.
"Crapsack worlds and anti heroes have their place. Sometimes, they are very necessary. But an endless diet of dreary cyberpunk and dark fantasy won't do us any more favors than an endless feast of glurge. I'd argue that the cynical nature of these really hurt our ability to hope and work for better. It gets us to accept the hopelessness and jaded outlook of things as 'That's the way it is. I can't change it,' and stops us from fighting when we NEED to fight."

I am ask-shinji-ikari on tumblr.com. Feel free to ask me questions!

IrkenEvangelion
Pilot
Pilot

•      
  •      

Postby IrkenEvangelion » Wed May 13, 2009 9:11 pm

Leliel kinda marked the downfall of everyone in the series, and made Shinji ride the train. Oh! And Shinji showed Asuka how it 'out to be done.

EDIT: Feel like an idiot for getting a damn angel mixed up
Last edited by IrkenEvangelion on Thu May 14, 2009 12:49 am, edited 1 time in total.
THIS IS STEINS;GATE'S CHOICE!
----<3 Merchant meets Spicy Wolf <3----
8 YEARS OF EVA, Does it mean something to you?
EvaPedia|Xbox Live|El Psy Congroo

Timstuff
Eva Technician
Eva Technician

•      
  •      

Postby Timstuff » Thu May 14, 2009 12:35 am

I thought the one that looked like a giant penis was pretty lame. It's been a while since I saw the show though, so whatever was lamer than that, I probably can't remember it...
DeviantArt profile being re-invented... Check back later.

Reichu
Admin Emeritus
Admin Emeritus

•      
  •      

Postby Reichu » Thu May 14, 2009 12:54 pm

There's an awful lot about Shamshel that doesn't look like a penis. I think you folks are just obsessed with penes. :p
さらば、全てのEvaGeeks。
「滅びの運命は新生の喜びでもある」
Departure Message | The Arqa Apocrypha: An Evangelion Analysis Blog

Alaska Slim
Frigus Ignoramus
Frigus Ignoramus

•      
  •      

Postby Alaska Slim » Thu May 14, 2009 4:19 pm

I compare the 4th to this, then if crossed with an ice cream sandwhich. :liplick:
"Therefore encourage one another and build one another up, just as you are doing." - 1 Thessalonians 5:11

"It is one of the blessings of old friends that you can afford to be stupid with them." -Ralph Waldo Emerson

"God is in his Heaven, and free men walk upon the Earth" - Rev. Robert Sirico, President of the Acton Institute

Heinkel
Embryo

•      
  •      

Postby Heinkel » Thu May 14, 2009 9:09 pm

Tabris, because he lacks the... the oomph of the other angels. The gay kid really doesn't stand up to the self-contained sentient universe, the stratospheric bird, the nano-menace and the other towering abominations.

And while Zeruel rocks, his appearance onscreen marked the point where the series started to capsize IMO.

And Matarael could have been defeated by UN forces.
Mein F

Alaska Slim
Frigus Ignoramus
Frigus Ignoramus

•      
  •      

Postby Alaska Slim » Thu May 14, 2009 9:25 pm

Heinkel wrote:And Matarael could have been defeated by UN forces.

Debatable, it still had an A.T. field :uhh:

Heinkel
Embryo

•      
  •      

Postby Heinkel » Thu May 14, 2009 9:35 pm

Well, Sachiel and Israfel also had those, and they had their outer layers vaporized by the nukes. However, unlike those two, Matarael has little protection under its AT field... after all, neither Shamshel or Israfel seemed to have much problem with getting shot at, while the rounds of the rifles completely punched trough Matarael.
Mein F

Alaska Slim
Frigus Ignoramus
Frigus Ignoramus

•      
  •      

Postby Alaska Slim » Thu May 14, 2009 9:46 pm

That was because EVA-02 had extended its A.T. field to counter the Angel's, that did not happen with Shamshel or Israfel, not as far as using the guns were concerned. (:|

Heinkel
Embryo

•      
  •      

Postby Heinkel » Thu May 14, 2009 9:53 pm

That's what I mean. Sachiel and Israfel were hit pretty badly with their AT fields on, so Matarael would be vaporized, seeing it has a rather fine construction and little physical resistance. On the contrary, Israfel resisted rounds of the same rifle with ease.
Mein F

Alaska Slim
Frigus Ignoramus
Frigus Ignoramus

•      
  •      

Postby Alaska Slim » Thu May 14, 2009 9:58 pm

Heinkel wrote:That's what I mean. Sachiel and Israfel were hit pretty badly with their AT fields on,

But not with the Evas countering them with theirs. Had EVA-02 not positioned itself to do so, EVA-01 would not have been able to kill it.

Only two weapons were able to break through an angels A.T field without it be countered by an Eva's, those were the positron rifle, which broke through on brute force, and the lance, which utilized an Anti-A.T. field (three if you wish to count how Iruel was "re-programmed" to self-destruct). :smokin:

ZapX
Guided by the New Era
Guided by the New Era

•      
  •      

Postby ZapX » Thu May 14, 2009 10:04 pm

Take it to a PM guys. I know Chit-chat is full of spam by nature, but TOPIC.
ʕ•ᴥ•ʔ"Stop watching anime. it makes you think all girls are incredibly hot and shy, and there are 10 that all want your boner which just isn't true." -Brik-aniki

"I CAN'T HELP IT THAT I WANT TO EAT MY OWN VULVA AND SHARE IT WITH A LOVED ONE!"-Reichu

"I have a fetish for naked women with stigmata playing ping pong in the mud. Is there a name for that?" -Kaiser O-Ornette-dono-sama

“Don’t do that; that was probably hooker money.” -SSD on me holding money with my mouth

schismatics
Potential Pilot
Potential Pilot

•      
  •      

Postby schismatics » Fri May 15, 2009 10:50 pm

Matarial (spelling?) sucked.

A giant daddy-long legs that winks out acid???

BOOO. :ehh:

Oedipusfoot
Ireul
Ireul

•      
  •      

Postby Oedipusfoot » Fri May 15, 2009 11:04 pm

Reichu wrote:There's an awful lot about Shamshel that doesn't look like a penis.

Shamshel always reminded me of one of those worm-like things that you always see in brain books. They're praised for having a semi-developed nervous system. I can't remember the name right now. Shamshel's head looked kind of frog-shaped to me...but...

Topic: I didn't really like any of the Angels (with the exclusion of the obvious)...they never struck me as something to like or dislike. I couldn't get a feel for their humanity.

Return to “Evangelion General and Chit-Chat”