[LAEM] What's wrong with them changing it?

The place for all of the old Live Action Evangelion Movie threads.

Moderator: Board Staff

Mr. Bud
Lilith

Postby Mr. Bud » Thu Jul 07, 2005 8:15 am

Timesplitter 01 wrote: the live action movie will fail as well even if it has ground breaking graphics.

If the movie is made, that might not be the case. As it stands, it's suspected budget is only about $100,000,000. I don't know. That's not very good for a movie like this...

Timesplitter 01
Nerv Scientist
Nerv Scientist

Postby Timesplitter 01 » Thu Jul 07, 2005 7:16 pm

Mr. Bud wrote:
Timesplitter 01 wrote: the live action movie will fail as well even if it has ground breaking graphics.

If the movie is made, that might not be the case. As it stands, it's suspected budget is only about $100,000,000. I don't know. That's not very good for a movie like this...

God your dreaming.

Shrek's budget was only about $45 million so that would it a possible $80 million.

80 is the max.

Given that we are talking about ADV here , they migh only want to spend 30 million or less.

If it goes over their budget , then say good bye to the live action movie.
I have too much anime, yet it's not enough. Anime Addict, if it were a drug; I'd be dead.

rip3mwk
Tunniel
Tunniel

Postby rip3mwk » Thu Jul 07, 2005 11:11 pm

Eh... actually the supposed film is said by many to have a $100 million budget, and that would still be a low amount considering that a not-so-decent Spider-man 2 cost $200 million, and Troy and Terminator 3 cost over $140 mill. Yet Lord of the Rings 1 had a $110ish million budget and that picture was quite epic...

Timesplitter 01
Nerv Scientist
Nerv Scientist

Postby Timesplitter 01 » Fri Jul 08, 2005 2:29 am

rip3mwk wrote:Eh... actually the supposed film is said by many to have a $100 million budget, and that would still be a low amount considering that a not-so-decent Spider-man 2 cost $200 million, and Troy and Terminator 3 cost over $140 mill. Yet Lord of the Rings 1 had a $110ish million budget and that picture was quite epic...

Looks like I am out voted here

Show host : "Your the weakest link, good bye"

* walks off iin disgrace* :cry:

we will probably find out next year what the true budget maybe
I have too much anime, yet it's not enough. Anime Addict, if it were a drug; I'd be dead.

rip3mwk
Tunniel
Tunniel

Postby rip3mwk » Fri Jul 08, 2005 12:15 pm

Either way, if this movie is made, there is no way that a pair of anime companies and weta (workshop) are the only groups throwing in the cash. There will no-doubt be some hollywood picture company like new line, village roadshow, or WB hosting the opening credits, no?

Mr. Bud
Lilith

Postby Mr. Bud » Fri Jul 08, 2005 3:01 pm

Hate to say it, but Disney may even want a piece of that. They've had a hard-on for anime lately.

Mr. Tines
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Mr. Tines » Fri Jul 08, 2005 3:05 pm

Mr. Bud wrote:Hate to say it, but Disney may even want a piece of that. They've had a hard-on for anime lately.

Aaargh! That's all too plausible. And, in that case, it's inevitable what the Plot Police would do to the ending (see e.g. the HHGG movie).
Reminder: Play nicely <<>> My vanity publishing:- NGE|blog|Photos|retro-blog|Fanfics &c.|MAL|𝕏|🐸|🦣

Soluzar
Sandalphon
Sandalphon

Postby Soluzar » Fri Jul 08, 2005 7:05 pm

Mr. Tines wrote:
Mr. Bud wrote:Hate to say it, but Disney may even want a piece of that. They've had a hard-on for anime lately.

Aaargh! That's all too plausible. And, in that case, it's inevitable what the Plot Police would do to the ending (see e.g. the HHGG movie).

The Disney couldn't make this movie. There is not a single plot element they could approve of. We don't need to worry. Now as for people you'd like to get your hands on this property, how about those former Indentured Slaves of Disney, The Weinsteins?
Natsukashii, ne?

Mr. Tines
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Mr. Tines » Sat Jul 09, 2005 1:00 am

Soluzar wrote:The Disney couldn't make this movie. There is not a single plot element they could approve of.

Touchstone is a Disney imprint; and considering both the HHGG movie and the Bruckheimer/Bay Armageddon were both Touchstone pictures, I wouldn't be so certain.
Reminder: Play nicely <<>> My vanity publishing:- NGE|blog|Photos|retro-blog|Fanfics &c.|MAL|𝕏|🐸|🦣

Winslow Leach
Adam

Postby Winslow Leach » Sat Jul 09, 2005 2:22 pm

Truth is, I don't really mind them changing some things. The teenage nudity will of course be going, I suppose that's for the best. I'm also not sure if they'll be keeping Pen Pen either. Those two changes I don't really mind. It's watering down the story and making it into something that barely resembles Eva that would piss me off.

Return to “Live Action Evangelion Movie”