Nav Bar

For discussion of and submissions for the EvaGeeks Wiki and Commentary. Open to all posters.

Moderators: UrsusArctos, Board Staff

Reichu
Admin Emeritus
Admin Emeritus

Nav Bar

•      
  •      

Postby Reichu » Tue Apr 14, 2009 7:27 am

I thought I would raise a discussion on this matter, as well, while I was at it...

I managed to wipe the unused page "Current Events" off the Nav-Bar (at least... it's not showing up for me anymore) by following instructions provided here:

http://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/Manual:Interface/Sidebar

...and deleted the page plus its associated talk page accordingly. The nav-bar is another one of those things that is kind of a mess, with a few links to crap that doesn't really get used, while other links that might well be useful are missing. Any thoughts so this problem can be amended...?
さらば、全てのEvaGeeks。
「滅びの運命は新生の喜びでもある」
Departure Message | The Arqa Apocrypha: An Evangelion Analysis Blog

Duke
Ramiel
Ramiel

•      
  •      

Postby Duke » Tue Apr 14, 2009 10:20 am

I love how the "sidebar" shows up at the BOTTOM of the page <3

It shows up normally in Internet Explorer though XD.

Reichu
Admin Emeritus
Admin Emeritus

•      
  •      

Postby Reichu » Tue Apr 14, 2009 10:56 am

Duke wrote:I love how the "sidebar" shows up at the BOTTOM of the page <3

It shows up normally in Internet Explorer though XD.

AFAIK, this has nothing to do with browser; it's related to the skin. For me, anyway: when I'm not logged in, it's Monobook and the sidebar is to the left. When I'm logged in, it's set to NGEFGP and the 'sidebar' is at the bottom.

The custom skin could use some tweaking beyond just making the navbar links more useful, but may as well start somewhere.

EDIT: "Toolbox" could use some obvious expansion, as well. A couple of much-needed additions I can think of offhand:

- [[Category:Templates]]
- [[Category:Images]]
- [[Category:Pages Needing Help]] (I just added this one as an umbrella group for all the pages with "nag flags")

Any others?
さらば、全てのEvaGeeks。
「滅びの運命は新生の喜びでもある」

UrsusArctos
The Beginning and The End

•      
  •      

Postby UrsusArctos » Tue Apr 14, 2009 7:29 pm

I was thinking of "Pages Needing Help" myself. Those additions will do for now. (Can't think of much else needed at the moment)
(Was Board Staff from Dec 31, 2007 - Oct 17, 2015 and Oct 20, 2020 - Aug 1, 2021)
Not knowing that Monk is bi is like not knowing the Pope is Catholic - ZapX
You're either really bad at interpreting jokes or really good at pretending you are and I have no idea which.-Monk Ed
WAAAAAAAAGH!!!!!(<-link to lunacy)...Taste me, if you can bear it. (Warning: Language NSFW)
The main point of idiocy is for the smart to have their lulz. Without human idiocy, trolling would not exist, and that's uncool, since a large part of my entertainment consists of mocking the absurdity and dumbassery of the world, especially the Internet.-MaggotMaster

Reichu
Admin Emeritus
Admin Emeritus

•      
  •      

Postby Reichu » Wed Apr 15, 2009 12:32 am

Hacking the toolbox looked like a pain in the ass, so I just added stuff to "Navigation" and finally got rid of the crap.
さらば、全てのEvaGeeks。
「滅びの運命は新生の喜びでもある」

UrsusArctos

•      
  •      

Postby UrsusArctos » Sat Apr 18, 2009 11:35 am

"Logs" would be a good addition.
(Was Board Staff from Dec 31, 2007 - Oct 17, 2015 and Oct 20, 2020 - Aug 1, 2021)
Not knowing that Monk is bi is like not knowing the Pope is Catholic - ZapX
You're either really bad at interpreting jokes or really good at pretending you are and I have no idea which.-Monk Ed
WAAAAAAAAGH!!!!!(<-link to lunacy)...Taste me, if you can bear it. (Warning: Language NSFW)
The main point of idiocy is for the smart to have their lulz. Without human idiocy, trolling would not exist, and that's uncool, since a large part of my entertainment consists of mocking the absurdity and dumbassery of the world, especially the Internet.-MaggotMaster

Return to “Wiki Editing and Discussion”