Questions about buying the series for DVD.

For talking about all other entries in the Evangelion franchise: from the various manga and video games to merchandising and various video/audio releases.

Moderator: Board Staff

Forum rules
By visiting this forum, you agree to read the rules for discussion and abide by them.
va.va
Embryo

Questions about buying the series for DVD.

•      
  •      

Postby va.va » Sun Jul 03, 2005 7:50 pm

Hi guys,

I am new to this board but not to Evangelion. I am going to the USA (I'm from Brazil) in later July and I want to seize the opportunity to buy the entire saga but since there are so many different versions (Platinum, Perfect Collection, etc) I am not quite sure which one should I buy, can you guys help me here? Maybe I should get the separate DVDs for the first 20 episodes and the director's cut for the last 6?

And what about the movies? Should I get Rebirth plus The End of Evangelion or this Revival that I keep hearing about?

Thanks,
-va.va
--
I didn't trust him, 'cause he smiled at me first
Just like the wolf before he bites me

rb_182_
Shamshel
Shamshel

•      
  •      

Postby rb_182_ » Sun Jul 03, 2005 8:11 pm

The ultimate way to watch evangelion (the way I watch it anyway) Buy all 7 Platinum editions. then end of evangelion. the Platinum are awesome with 5.1 surround sound etc. and they have the directors cuts right on them. and end of evangelion will finish your collection.
The Real Ending to Evangelion~~
Rei goes insane!!~~
~Rei is hope.. the hope that people will one day be able to understand each other, and Kaworu is the words... "I Love You". I think they are two beings that will always be watching over everything~

va.va
Embryo

•      
  •      

Postby va.va » Sun Jul 03, 2005 8:18 pm

And what about Death and Rebirth?

Obrigado,
va.va

rb_182_
Shamshel
Shamshel

•      
  •      

Postby rb_182_ » Sun Jul 03, 2005 8:20 pm

By all means you can buy Death and Rebirth if you want. but with the Platinum editions, they have all the footage from death already in them. And Rebirth is just the beginning of end of evangelion. so death and rebirth is only neccessary if you want everything. but the way i mentioned before lets you watch the whole evangelion basically.
Rei goes insane!!~~
~Rei is hope.. the hope that people will one day be able to understand each other, and Kaworu is the words... "I Love You". I think they are two beings that will always be watching over everything~

va.va
Embryo

•      
  •      

Postby va.va » Sun Jul 03, 2005 8:25 pm

Isn't there a Platinum box then? Because if I have to buy each individual dvd the price skyrocket!

Danke,
va.va

rb_182_
Shamshel
Shamshel

•      
  •      

Postby rb_182_ » Sun Jul 03, 2005 8:32 pm

nope. sorry man no platinum box yet. I know it's expensive, but it's sooooooo worth it. If your as obsessed as I am, I've watched like every platinum 10 times each so far and still going. and i've watched end of evangelion too many times to count. I know the box set is probably cheaper now, but it's pretty bad I found. I bought the box first, and the animation doesn't look as good as platinum, the sound isn't near as good, there are no director cuts on the orginal box set, and the screen jumps up and down each time the scene changes. It wasen't annoying on my 32 inch tv but months ago I got a 53 inch and it looked crappy so I bought all the platinums. so it depends on your tv, etc.
Rei goes insane!!~~

Timesplitter 01
Nerv Scientist
Nerv Scientist

•      
  •      

Postby Timesplitter 01 » Sun Jul 03, 2005 10:39 pm

I am going to wait a year or too to buy the platinum set.

But it will be worth it though.

But to buy them seperately then, yes the price will get higher
I have too much anime, yet it's not enough. Anime Addict, if it were a drug; I'd be dead.

Mr. Bud
Lilith

•      
  •      

Postby Mr. Bud » Sun Jul 03, 2005 10:52 pm

I just have the original DVD releases plus the Director's Cuts and EoE.

Evangelion is the only anime I've actually bought, and hell if I'm going to buy it again because of some upgraded picture quality and better extras that you'd only watch once anyway.

rb_182_
Shamshel
Shamshel

•      
  •      

Postby rb_182_ » Sun Jul 03, 2005 11:49 pm

I said that at one time too Mr. Bud. First I bought Platinum 1, 2 and 3. Then I wanted to see the rest of the series so bad, that I didn't want to wait for the platinums to be released, plus I said the same thing, who cares about the extras and stuff. so I went ahead and bought the box set. and I loved it for months. then when i got my new tv I decided to buy the platinum as well. lol I know I spent a lot of money but I don't really buy much else anyway. Evangelion, ghost in the shell, Samurai X trust and betrayal, and the animatrix are the only anime I own as well, and probably the only ones i will get. we'll have to see. but my point is I spent a lot of money on eva because that is the only anime i really watch.
Rei goes insane!!~~

Timesplitter 01
Nerv Scientist
Nerv Scientist

•      
  •      

Postby Timesplitter 01 » Mon Jul 04, 2005 4:29 am

rob_of_the_genesis wrote:I said that at one time too Mr. Bud. First I bought Platinum 1, 2 and 3. Then I wanted to see the rest of the series so bad, that I didn't want to wait for the platinums to be released, plus I said the same thing, who cares about the extras and stuff. so I went ahead and bought the box set. and I loved it for months. then when i got my new tv I decided to buy the platinum as well. lol I know I spent a lot of money but I don't really buy much else anyway. Evangelion, ghost in the shell, Samurai X trust and betrayal, and the animatrix are the only anime I own as well, and probably the only ones i will get. we'll have to see. but my point is I spent a lot of money on eva because that is the only anime i really watch.

I think buy the time that all the eva stuff (dvd's , tec) have been released then we all wil be bankrupt a couple of times over
I have too much anime, yet it's not enough. Anime Addict, if it were a drug; I'd be dead.

rb_182_
Shamshel
Shamshel

•      
  •      

Postby rb_182_ » Mon Jul 04, 2005 1:48 pm

yeah probably. I'm just glad I'm done buying Eva stuff. I have the series on dvd and a cool wallscroll for my wall and some eva music on my computer. that's all I need..... I hope
Rei goes insane!!~~

Return to “Everything Else Evangelion”