[LAEM] Weta Workshop adds Evangelion to their Filmography

The place for all of the old Live Action Evangelion Movie threads.

Moderator: Board Staff

Crazy_Beserker
Embryo

Postby Crazy_Beserker » Sun Jun 26, 2005 6:37 am

Bwahaaha nice one...but i dont think there gonna think about actors or actresses until they get the story put together hehe...but man Jessica Alba would be a great Misato...

rip3mwk
Tunniel
Tunniel

Postby rip3mwk » Sun Jun 26, 2005 7:27 pm

If I were in charge I would strive for Jennifer Connelly as Misato... just watch House of Sand and Fog and you'll get why (has the look and is a GREAT actress). Alba lacks the experience needed for such a role.
This film, after all, would be a very acting heavy one (this meaning great performances are needed).
I would also go for the youngish actress in Thirteen as Asuka. -- Same reasons as Connelly.

Hexon.Arq
Pilot
Pilot

Postby Hexon.Arq » Sun Jun 26, 2005 7:32 pm

It's not hard to imagine the whole thing being squeeze-filled with Saturday Afternoon Serial-calibur acting like so many synthetic beauty-puffed eclairs of sci-fi spectacle.

You know what I mean.

_you can't do anything, so don't even try
_get some help
_don't do what sonic does

Hunter21
Pilot
Pilot

Postby Hunter21 » Wed Jun 29, 2005 3:17 pm

Hexon.Arq wrote:It's not hard to imagine the whole thing being squeeze-filled with Saturday Afternoon Serial-calibur acting like so many synthetic beauty-puffed eclairs of sci-fi spectacle.

You know what I mean.

So something like The Fantastic 4 movie (dreadful looking thing that is)
EVANGERIONANIME is stupid

Come Join the Sakaki Fan Club!

Remember you're on Evageeks, where preset personal delusions outweigh reality.

Hexon.Arq
Pilot
Pilot

Postby Hexon.Arq » Thu Jun 30, 2005 8:10 pm

I don't want to lay down hard judgment on that movie, as I haven't seen it, but... yeah, like that.

_you can't do anything, so don't even try
_get some help
_don't do what sonic does

Mr. Bud
Lilith

Postby Mr. Bud » Fri Jul 01, 2005 12:15 am

Clint Eastwood needs to play Fuyutsuki. It would be awesome if they did the part where he's captured by Seele, but instead of remembering the past he just stares down all the monoliths while the music from the last scene in The Good, The Bad, and The Ugly plays. They'd do close ups of his eyes and dramatic flashes of all the "Sound Only" signs. Then he'd shoot Keel into an open grave.

Oroboro
Adam

Postby Oroboro » Sat Jul 02, 2005 12:29 pm

So, Alba's actually going to play Asuka? We'll at least all those teenager who jerk off to Asuka don't have to feel so guilty because she won't be thirteen anymore.

I like Alba. Well, at least I liked her in Sin City. Hell, I liked Sin City. Period.
a Dream that never ends
a Love that never dies
like living on the other side of the sky
When everything’s an illusion
Life is neither borrowed nor bought it’s just something that you’re using
Nothing is my freedom
yet,
Nothing my cage
Man! it’s great just to be living
in the paradox age.

Mr. Bud
Lilith

Postby Mr. Bud » Sat Jul 02, 2005 12:58 pm

Oroboro wrote:So, Alba's actually going to play Asuka? We'll at least all those teenager who jerk off to Asuka don't have to feel so guilty because she won't be thirteen anymore.

If Jessica Alba plays Asuka I will shoot myself in the face. :shock:

And no she's not "actually going to play Asuka". There's a good chance the movie won't even be made. They don't have any cast picked out. They don't even have a director. All that stuff that Weta made is just to attract financial backing. It's ideas being thrown around. The movie isn't even an "announced" title. If we actually do see an Eva movie there's a good chance it won't be until about 2010 or 2009 at the least. At which time Jessica Alba would be about 30 years old. Hell, she's too old now.

Return to “Live Action Evangelion Movie”