platnium series???

For talking about all other entries in the Evangelion franchise: from the various manga and video games to merchandising and various video/audio releases.

Moderator: Board Staff

Forum rules
By visiting this forum, you agree to read the rules for discussion and abide by them.
NERV
Embryo

platnium series???

•      
  •      

Postby NERV » Mon Jun 20, 2005 2:25 pm

Are 'they' going to make the plantium special edition DVD's into a box set ???
I heard they were and then i heard they might not and i NEED to make sure...........

The Eva Monkey
IT'S OVER 9000!!!
IT'S OVER 9000!!!

•      
  •      

Postby The Eva Monkey » Mon Jun 20, 2005 4:49 pm

Pretty much every series is released in a stand-alone format intitially, and later as a complete box set. There's nothing to suggest that ADV wouldn't release a Platinum DVD collection. However, as was stated in ADV's press release, the metallic slip covers are limited to the first run, so the box set might look a bit different than the one we have now. The box that's out now fits the DVDs with slip cases, but without slip cases fits 8, and not too snug I might add. If ADV releases a box set without the slip covers, it might be a slightly different box, or perhaps a folding booklet set with a slip cover, like The Tenchi Muyo! OAV set.

Timesplitter 01
Nerv Scientist
Nerv Scientist

•      
  •      

Postby Timesplitter 01 » Wed Jun 22, 2005 1:04 am

Of course they will rlease a box set , how do you think they make their money after the series is released.

They will release a box set, I say there is a 99.99999999999% chance of them releasing one
I have too much anime, yet it's not enough. Anime Addict, if it were a drug; I'd be dead.

anatrok
Gaghiel
Gaghiel

•      
  •      

Postby anatrok » Wed Jun 22, 2005 3:53 pm

I think it might be a thinpack deal like the box set for Rahxephon.

Timesplitter 01
Nerv Scientist
Nerv Scientist

•      
  •      

Postby Timesplitter 01 » Fri Jun 24, 2005 11:52 pm

anatrok wrote:I think it might be a thinpack deal like the box set for Rahxephon.

Who knows
I have too much anime, yet it's not enough. Anime Addict, if it were a drug; I'd be dead.

rb_182_
Shamshel
Shamshel

•      
  •      

Postby rb_182_ » Sat Jun 25, 2005 1:06 am

It will probably just be the platinum covers without the metalic slipcases. you know what I mean. the red colored covers of the actually dvd case inside the slipcase, inside a new box. we'll see I guess. :?:
The Real Ending to Evangelion~~
Rei goes insane!!~~
~Rei is hope.. the hope that people will one day be able to understand each other, and Kaworu is the words... "I Love You". I think they are two beings that will always be watching over everything~

ice reaper
Gaghiel
Gaghiel

•      
  •      

Postby ice reaper » Sun Jun 26, 2005 5:37 am

i think they will be releasing a box set- i've seen it for sale for a start; and i'm in england! you guys should have got it first, but saying that only the first 3 platinums have been released so far and was a dodgy shop.....i'm......just going to.......the shop- for cookies, not ilegal releases. no. not at all. *cough* (i actually did cough then, which is quite worrying)

"The divine fall silent as the freil plea aloud"

rb_182_
Shamshel
Shamshel

•      
  •      

Postby rb_182_ » Sun Jun 26, 2005 4:18 pm

ice reaper wrote:i think they will be releasing a box set- i've seen it for sale for a start; and i'm in england! you guys should have got it first, but saying that only the first 3 platinums have been released so far and was a dodgy shop.....i'm......just going to.......the shop- for cookies, not ilegal releases. no. not at all. *cough* (i actually did cough then, which is quite worrying)

:lol: I hope those were some damn good cookies.
The Real Ending to Evangelion~~
Rei goes insane!!~~
~Rei is hope.. the hope that people will one day be able to understand each other, and Kaworu is the words... "I Love You". I think they are two beings that will always be watching over everything~

Return to “Everything Else Evangelion”