EoE Video and Theatrical Difference

For serious and at times in-depth discussions only, covering the original TV series, the movies End of Evangelion and Death & Rebirth.

Moderator: Board Staff

Forum rules
By visiting this forum, you agree to read the rules for discussion and abide by them.
Digitalex
Gaghiel
Gaghiel

•      
  •      

Postby Digitalex » Thu Jun 23, 2005 5:06 pm

ObsessiveMathsFreak wrote:Thanks for the link SP!

Ugh! This wasn't what I thought at all. I thought it was a fullscreen white on black caption, as with the later caption. It isn't. It's effectively a sub placed at the top left hand corner of the screen, and flashes for the briefest of moments.

I'm glad this didn't make it into the DVD release. The scene really is better without it. I give thanks to the legions of jananese fans whose hard earned yen was sacraficed so that we may have a better DVD release.

I absolutely agree. I initially thought it would be an eye-catch as well. This is much much worse.

Ryo
Matarael
Matarael

•      
  •      

Postby Ryo » Thu Jun 23, 2005 5:24 pm

^ I agree with OMF and Digitalex. Thanks for the wmv, by the way. I haven't seen EoE in a while, and this brought back some nice memories. Ah, the first time I ever heard "Komm, süsser Tod"... Those were the golden days.

Digitalex wrote:I absolutely agree. I initially thought it would be an eye-catch as well. This is much much worse.

It's not "much much worse", it's just "not as good". :wink:
Asuka > Rei

sadsadshinji
Nerv Scientist
Nerv Scientist

•      
  •      

Postby sadsadshinji » Thu Jun 23, 2005 11:18 pm

Soluzar wrote:
Shin-seiki wrote:This is another case of something added to the Genesis version being removed for the Renewal version (the prime example being the background images in the Requarium in #23')

You know, I really can't forgive them for doing that.

which images?

Mr. Tines
Administrator
Administrator

•      
  •      

Postby Mr. Tines » Fri Jun 24, 2005 3:37 am

sadsadshinji wrote:which images?

In that version of 23' on the "Resurrection" DVD, while panning across the Reiquarium, there are a number of images superposed.

These include a number of images which are fairly obvious (the creation of Eva-01, Adam, Yui in plug-suit), a number whose significance is not obvious (three men in formal wear, various books) and more whose actual content is obscure (something looking like Soviet space hardware, molecular models, and less identifiable things).
Reminder: Play nicely <<>> My vanity publishing:- NGE|blog|Photos|retro-blog|Fanfics &c.|MAL|𝕏|🐸|🦣

Return to “Evangelion TV Series + EoE Discussion”