If you purchased Platinum Vol 1, read this.

For talking about all other entries in the Evangelion franchise: from the various manga and video games to merchandising and various video/audio releases.

Moderator: Board Staff

Forum rules
By visiting this forum, you agree to read the rules for discussion and abide by them.
Shwiggie
Lilith

•      
  •      

Postby Shwiggie » Mon Mar 07, 2005 2:22 pm

It's posts like that which make me want to go home and make some Evangelion-themed "pwn3d" images....Image

Dave
Lilin
Lilin

•      
  •      

Postby Dave » Mon Mar 07, 2005 4:57 pm

Reichu wrote:
Hand of God wrote:what's the diff in the platium one and the normal one?

http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&q=evangelion+platinum+difference

Now now Reichu, if the only answer one ever received was a google search link this world would be a lot less interesting.
Beatus vir qui suffert tentationem.

Reichu
Admin Emeritus
Admin Emeritus

•      
  •      

Postby Reichu » Mon Mar 07, 2005 10:07 pm

Dave wrote:Now now Reichu, if the only answer one ever received was a google search link this world would be a lot less interesting.

A lazy question deserves a lazy response. ;)
さらば、全てのEvaGeeks。
「滅びの運命は新生の喜びでもある」
Departure Message | The Arqa Apocrypha: An Evangelion Analysis Blog

Hand of God
Tunniel
Tunniel

•      
  •      

Postby Hand of God » Sun Mar 13, 2005 10:14 am

Reichu wrote:
Dave wrote:Now now Reichu, if the only answer one ever received was a google search link this world would be a lot less interesting.

A lazy question deserves a lazy response. ;)
:x

ok ok!

can anybody tell me not put a link of what is the difference between the neon genesis evangelion platium editon and the normal dvd?
the world is just a sick and twisted place

Reichu
Admin Emeritus
Admin Emeritus

•      
  •      

Postby Reichu » Sun Mar 13, 2005 11:44 am

Hand of God wrote:can anybody tell me not put a link of what is the difference between the neon genesis evangelion platium editon and the normal dvd?

Probably any of those links Google came up with.
さらば、全てのEvaGeeks。
「滅びの運命は新生の喜びでもある」

anatrok
Gaghiel
Gaghiel

•      
  •      

Postby anatrok » Sun Mar 13, 2005 7:49 pm

Eh, I'll try, but I may be forgeting somethings. The Japanese got a Renewal version of eva, with remastered visuals and sound. The platinum's have the new visuals, the 5.1 sound, for both languages, and some mediocre extra's like commentary and some animatics. For the Japanese track they added some new dialouge, but only on background noises, to fill in the extra chanels. Some other differences are echo's when the pilot's are talking in the entry plug, and being able to hear some dialouge you missed the first time, because of the stereo mix. Also the translation's for on screen stuff is better, in my opinion.

Hand of God
Tunniel
Tunniel

•      
  •      

Postby Hand of God » Mon Mar 21, 2005 4:20 pm

anatrok wrote:Eh, I'll try, but I may be forgeting somethings. The Japanese got a Renewal version of eva, with remastered visuals and sound. The platinum's have the new visuals, the 5.1 sound, for both languages, and some mediocre extra's like commentary and some animatics. For the Japanese track they added some new dialouge, but only on background noises, to fill in the extra chanels. Some other differences are echo's when the pilot's are talking in the entry plug, and being able to hear some dialouge you missed the first time, because of the stereo mix. Also the translation's for on screen stuff is better, in my opinion.

your right just bought it and is pretty cool exept for the extras

p.s. and the line Shinji doesn´t says it but it appears in the subtitles
Last edited by Hand of God on Tue Mar 22, 2005 3:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
the world is just a sick and twisted place

Reichu
Admin Emeritus
Admin Emeritus

•      
  •      

Postby Reichu » Mon Mar 21, 2005 10:01 pm

ADV bothered to provide translated Renewal booklets, at least. At least they did one thing right.

They could have been especially nice and included translated "Eva tomo no kai" with the first pressings, though.
さらば、全てのEvaGeeks。
「滅びの運命は新生の喜びでもある」

AchtungAffen
Banned

•      
  •      

Postby AchtungAffen » Tue Mar 22, 2005 1:26 am

Which booklets did they translate?
"Oh, Constantine! To how many evils origin was given, not by your conversion to Christianity, but by the dowry which from you received the first Pope that was rich!" - Dante
How can you expect to live in a Republic when you don't care about the res-publica?
"The gun, in all its forms, was the epochal tool of white male supremacy, which is why it continues to have irrational appeal. As much as the jack-booted hate Jews and blacks, that much they love their guns." - James Carrol
My List @ AniDB

- Original activist against the lockers-that-be -

Reichu
Admin Emeritus
Admin Emeritus

•      
  •      

Postby Reichu » Tue Mar 22, 2005 3:58 am

AchtungAffen wrote:Which booklets did they translate?

The ones included with the single (post-boxset) Renewal releases, adapted to reflect the different distribution of episodes across their respective DVD releases. I hope we don't miss out on anything due to the fact that Platinum is one disc shorter than the Renewal TV series release.
さらば、全てのEvaGeeks。
「滅びの運命は新生の喜びでもある」

Genocide
Embryo

•      
  •      

Postby Genocide » Mon Mar 28, 2005 10:39 pm

Just found out my Vol 01 is defective. :(
"I wish everyone would just die."

the_seventh_child
radio gaga
radio gaga

•      
  •      

Postby the_seventh_child » Fri Apr 08, 2005 9:28 am

I just found out that my Pl:01 is not defective ^_^
Anime and manga unite us all. Much better than the Olympics. - Carl Horn |11.30.2004.
"As of this moment, we are changing from soldiers to pirates!" - Captain Jeffrey Wilder (Macross Frontier #22)

Hexon.Arq
Pilot
Pilot

•      
  •      

Postby Hexon.Arq » Sat Apr 09, 2005 7:13 pm

Just found out my Vol 01 is defective.

The defect is on the dub, and is therefore inconsequential. However, if you are a dubber ( :evil: ), I would still not recommend doing anything about it. A few months back, I stated that I would not submit my disc for a replacement for the aforementioned reason. Well ( :oops: ), for now unknown reasons, I crumbled and sent it in. This was before Christmas; I never got it back.

_you can't do anything, so don't even try
_get some help
_don't do what sonic does

starfx6464
Embryo

•      
  •      

Postby starfx6464 » Wed Apr 20, 2005 4:49 pm

Never really posted here before, but since I learned of the defect through evamonkey.com, I felt I should post about the rather long process of receiving my new disc of Vol. 1. I should also say that, while I pretty much never listen to the dub, I didn't like the thought of my DVD being "defective" and thought I should have a "clean" version in case I ever want to show it to somebody who simply refuses to listen to it in Japanese. Anyway, my story begins simply enough...

I originally phoned them up 12/8/2004 only to be told I had to email them. Why they couldn't just start the process over the phone I have no idea, but I went ahead and emailed them my info. I then didn't hear back or receive anything until about mid-January. I received my UPS label in the mail (postmarked 1/18/2005, already over a month in) and dropped my disc off at my local UPS Store on 1/25/2005. The disc was successfully delivered to ADV on 2/1/2005. Again, I heard nothing from ADV for a rather long time. I finally called ADV up on monday (just two days ago) to see what the heck was up with my disc. Apparently there had been a number of discs that were sent out with incorrect address/information and therefore had been "returned to sender," basically. The customer service rep. guessed that mine had been one of those (even though I was pretty sure I had given them the correct information) so he had me give him my information again so that he could put another disc in the mail.

Oddly enough, later that very same night I made the call, my roommate dropped off my mail and, as if by some twist of fate, I received a "Disk Mailer" envelope from ADV with a "fresh" copy of Eva Plat. Vol. 1 tucked inside (no form of documentation accompanied it, however).

To summarize, the entire tunaround period from when I made the call/sent the email (12/8/2005) to when I actually received the replacement (4/18/2005) was over five months long. This goes without saying that I was sans any Eva. Vol. 1 disc for a nearly three months. Certainly can't say they were in any real hurry to fix their mistakes. Although, I will likely end up getting two copies thanks to the timing of my call. I guess there's some silver lining...

anatrok
Gaghiel
Gaghiel

•      
  •      

Postby anatrok » Wed Apr 20, 2005 8:09 pm

Have you checked It? Is it all good?

starfx6464
Embryo

•      
  •      

Postby starfx6464 » Thu Apr 21, 2005 2:44 am

Yeah, I did. It works as advertised. Of course, I'm afraid to check if it's missing anything else now...

I just can't believe how long it took to get the replacement disc. That's just crazy.

Hexon.Arq
Pilot
Pilot

•      
  •      

Postby Hexon.Arq » Thu Apr 21, 2005 4:39 pm

I have this nagging suspicion that anyone who is an apparent Eva fan gets put on a special Delay list.

_you can't do anything, so don't even try
_get some help
_don't do what sonic does

Genocide
Embryo

•      
  •      

Postby Genocide » Thu Jun 09, 2005 7:08 pm

Finally got my Vol 1 disc replaced. Came in mail today. Confirmed that the dialogue was there and everything is fine. :P
"I wish everyone would just die."

DemonicEva
Embryo

•      
  •      

Postby DemonicEva » Mon Jun 20, 2005 10:18 pm

:x I found out my disc was defected a week ago and I email them right then, but I haven't gotten an email back yet. should it take them that long just to email me ? or should i email them again ?

Cogboy
Shamshel
Shamshel

•      
  •      

Postby Cogboy » Tue Jun 21, 2005 12:35 am

email them again. then a few more times, you need to let them know you are serious.
i emailed them around the end of last year, it took around 2 - 3 months for them to reply saying they would send a return package and i have heard/recieved nothing since.
"My point? "Sick and Depraved" is a banana." - Soluzar.

"I have those frameless glasses and shit. And emo glasses, but I broke them 'cause I got angry. :( " - Shnooks.

"Old quotes are old" - Cogboy

Return to “Everything Else Evangelion”