Are you pondering what I'm pondering?

Notable old Evangelion threads from the AnimeNation Forums are preserved here.

Moderators: Monk Ed, Ornette

Jabberwok [ANF]
Adam

•      
  •      

Postby Jabberwok [ANF] » Wed Nov 12, 2008 11:53 pm

HeWhoPostsStuff wrote:I'm not familiar with that acronym, and honestly I'm afraid to ask...

Been There, Done That. That took me better part of an evening to figure out.

I kept thinking TL:DR, Too Long, Didn't Read, which some others may feel is a more appropriate designation. :P

Originally posted on: Yesterday, 07:10 PM

Reichu [ANF]
Angel
Angel

•      
  •      

Postby Reichu [ANF] » Wed Nov 12, 2008 11:53 pm

Jabberwok wrote:Been There, Done That. That took me better part of an evening to figure out.

YOU ARE CORRECT SIR!!!

I kept thinking TLImageR, T[/u]oo L[/u]ong, D[/u]idn't R[/u]ead, which some others may feel is a more appropriate designation. Image

Not for my particular woe -- I'm the one who habitually writes "really long" posts, which, I suppose, turn a lot of people off. A lot of the ideas (like "Reichu stuff") and information (like "the hard, fast stuff") contained within might get missed as a result, and situations pop up later where duty calls for reiteration, and eventually that happens enough times that BTDTS makes me get kinda cranky. (Esp. when the person for whom something is being repeated was around for previous incarnations of the same.) Just "The World According to Reichu", is all.

BTDTS can happen with any sort of oft-reiterated thing, though. Frequent repetition is something I've long wanted to reduce the need for. I actually have some vague ideas in mind for tackling the problem once FGC is active again, but it'll require a bit (JUST a bit...) more Joyfully Voluntary Zombie-Pawning than is typical. That's all I can say for the moment, tho.

More later...

Originally posted on: Yesterday, 07:24 PM

Jabberwok [ANF]
Adam

•      
  •      

Postby Jabberwok [ANF] » Wed Nov 12, 2008 11:53 pm

zomg, I agree with you so that must make me one your 'Yes Men'. ohnoes!!!1

Originally posted on: Yesterday, 07:31 PM

Return to “AnimeNation Archive”