Movie Question

This is the place to start: Feel free to introduce yourself, have general conversations and casual discussions about all things Evangelion, including chit-chatty topics like "Sachiel is adorable" or "Which Eva kicks the most ass?"

Moderator: Board Staff

DatDude
Test Subject
Test Subject

•      
  •      

Postby DatDude » Mon May 02, 2005 10:20 am

ice reaper wrote:ditto. bang! boom! splodge! for Misato and stab! agghhh! fwip, fwip, fwip etc.! spludge! for Asuka. nasty

dear god this is the beast recap of 25 ever !
There was an EVA Nerd here, but now he's gone.

ObsessiveMathsFreak
Admin Emeritus
Admin Emeritus

•      
  •      

Postby ObsessiveMathsFreak » Mon May 02, 2005 10:20 am

It was the water ballon popping glory in the control room in #26' that really did it for me. Yeah. Really haven't goton over that. Yeah.... I have a sudden urge to..... *runs off to watch EoE*
[Became an administrator on or before October 4th, 2007.]
May The Maths Be With You.

Reichu
Admin Emeritus
Admin Emeritus

•      
  •      

Postby Reichu » Mon May 02, 2005 12:07 pm

What exactly is the 'setting' for much of EoTV? Is it in fact a theatre? A studio set? In any case, it's referenced in DEATH and #26', for whatever that's worth.

And OMG, I would say that watching EoE is more like watching your cat get disemboweled, being left to struggle in agony for a few minutes, then skewered to death, dismembered, and eaten by other cats.

(Oh yeah, and if you insist on being a cheapskate, bug me on AIM or something.)
さらば、全てのEvaGeeks。
「滅びの運命は新生の喜びでもある」
Departure Message | The Arqa Apocrypha: An Evangelion Analysis Blog

Wayne
Embryo

•      
  •      

Postby Wayne » Mon May 02, 2005 9:37 pm

Reichu wrote:What exactly is the 'setting' for much of EoTV? Is it in fact a theatre? A studio set? In any case, it's referenced in DEATH and #26', for whatever that's worth.

And OMG, I would say that watching EoE is more like watching your cat get disemboweled, being left to struggle in agony for a few minutes, then skewered to death, dismembered, and eaten by other cats.

(Oh yeah, and if you insist on being a cheapskate, bug me on AIM or something.)

Hey, that's what makes it so much different from other animes I guess. I love Evangelion partially because of all the bloody crap that goes on. Seems more realistic than DBZ when people get sliced and diced and theres no blood lol.

Reichu
Admin Emeritus
Admin Emeritus

•      
  •      

Postby Reichu » Mon May 02, 2005 10:40 pm

Random: "Anime" is never pluralized. (Like manga, samurai, nunchaku, katana, geisha, or any other Japanese term that has entered our language in some way.)

OK, carry on.
さらば、全てのEvaGeeks。
「滅びの運命は新生の喜びでもある」
Departure Message | The Arqa Apocrypha: An Evangelion Analysis Blog

rip3mwk
Tunniel
Tunniel

•      
  •      

Postby rip3mwk » Mon May 02, 2005 10:44 pm

not like i saw a whole shit-load of DBZ or anything (just the first hundred or so eps.), but if you watch the origional eps. (say on the int. channel or something - what i did), you get to see some nice blood spurtings.
on that fact - eoe was kinda cheap on the blood in Asuka's demise - sure blood was pouring out of her eye (in the dark), but what about when her arm was sliced in half. that actually almost annoyed me - the fact that it was simply solid red. later when you get to see flashes of unit 02 - the split arm exposes muscle, bone, and even PUSS (SICK!). yeah i know i may be asking for something i might have regretted if seen, it is what it would really look like which would please me.

i'm not a huge fan of cats... hmm.

ice reaper
Gaghiel
Gaghiel

•      
  •      

Postby ice reaper » Tue May 03, 2005 10:46 am

It was the water ballon popping glory in the control room in #26' that really did it for me. Yeah. Really haven't goton over that

is that by any chance when people pop into lcl? if not- please oritorate ( :x bloody spelling)

"The divine fall silent as the freil plea aloud"

ObsessiveMathsFreak
Admin Emeritus
Admin Emeritus

•      
  •      

Postby ObsessiveMathsFreak » Tue May 03, 2005 5:20 pm

ice reaper wrote:
It was the water ballon popping glory in the control room in #26' that really did it for me. Yeah. Really haven't goton over that

is that by any chance when people pop into lcl? if not- please oritorate ( :x bloody spelling)

Yeah...yeah.. I was talking about.... that.... paticular scene..... I need to sit down now.
[Became an administrator on or before October 4th, 2007.]
May The Maths Be With You.

Return to “Evangelion General and Chit-Chat”