Mobile suit *ahem* phone Eva

For Eva-related fan projects: fanfiction, fanart, AMVs, and other creations. Share your work and discuss others' here.

Moderator: Board Staff

AchtungAffen
Banned

Mobile suit *ahem* phone Eva

•      
  •      

Postby AchtungAffen » Sun Feb 27, 2005 9:39 pm

This idea came to me just by a mistake. For my last birthday my parents gave me a Nokia 3100 mobile phone. That was the first one I ever owned. So, while I was signing the contracts and stuff, I started personalizing it. I put as a wallpaper a flowery image, which was really nice and not colour oppressive.

Some months later I invited a friend to stay at home a sunday cuz on monday he had to do some stuff about his ID card near my house. So that night we partied and I ended up passing out. So he started playing with my phone trying to change the wallpaper image, but he only managed to delete it.

So I got pretty angry, because I like established things. I always use the same wallpaper and screensaver on all PC's I'm on and never change. I like things that way. So I got berserk when I found he deleted my beloved flower wallpaper.

Some days later I started surfing the web and found the deleted image. But I didn't have a cable to upload it to the PC. But then I started thinking, found that I had internet connection with the mobile phone, and I had a server. So I uploaded the pic to the server and downloaded it with the phone.

That's when the invention spark showed up, and got with the idea of "mobile phone Eva". It's an idea to create a mobile phone eva resource site, including wallpapers, screensavers, music and software, all eva related, all for mobile phones.

So, to create this site I'd need:

1)A short URL that expresses the nature of the site. Short because it's no fun to write down with a phone a 40 character long URL.

2)Help on php and mysql content managers, that includes user accounts so people can upload more material. And some kind of indexer so it can give you the actual URL of the file you want to DL with the phone

3)Artists willing to upload Eva art for the phone

4)Help on mobile phone programming

Well, what do you think?
"Oh, Constantine! To how many evils origin was given, not by your conversion to Christianity, but by the dowry which from you received the first Pope that was rich!" - Dante
How can you expect to live in a Republic when you don't care about the res-publica?
"The gun, in all its forms, was the epochal tool of white male supremacy, which is why it continues to have irrational appeal. As much as the jack-booted hate Jews and blacks, that much they love their guns." - James Carrol
My List @ AniDB

- Original activist against the lockers-that-be -

The Eva Monkey
IT'S OVER 9000!!!
IT'S OVER 9000!!!

•      
  •      

Postby The Eva Monkey » Sun Feb 27, 2005 11:46 pm

If I could simply load whatever image/screensaver/sound/etc onto my phone I would be a happy camper, however most phones have really obnoxious things where you have to buy bgs and music, you can't just aquire them yourself and personalize the way you would a computer. Fucking money mongrels. I ended up just using my camera on my phone to photograph images from my eva art books instead. They won't get any of my money.

Most phones simply use jpegs for images, gifs for animations, and midis for sounds/music.

While I'm not certain how much help I could be, I would be willing to assist in providing midis and various images. If you do some research and find the prevalent aspect ratios for phone screen resolutions, I can make various wallpapers from my abundant eva imagery.

AchtungAffen
Banned

•      
  •      

Postby AchtungAffen » Mon Feb 28, 2005 12:04 am

I also thought you had to pay for the phone stuff. But if you have internet access on your phone then there's no need to pay anything, except for the internet usage.

For example, put the following link on your phone:
http://pics.reiliberationparade.com.ar/phul/

Select any of the 2 images (2 wallpapers I have for my phone, small files) and select "open". Once opened you can select "Save", and ready.

Or at least, that's how it works in my phone.

Ok. I'll be investigating aspect ratios tomorrow. I'll post them if I get something.

Any idea on a domain name?

PS: Anybody knows how to convert audio to ".amr" format? That's the one my phone uses for non-midi sounds.

PS2: I've seen lots of sites who offer the same thing I'm planning, but not Eva stuff. Stuff like games and such, which you can download freely by just putting the link they provide or accessing their websites via phone.
"Oh, Constantine! To how many evils origin was given, not by your conversion to Christianity, but by the dowry which from you received the first Pope that was rich!" - Dante
How can you expect to live in a Republic when you don't care about the res-publica?
"The gun, in all its forms, was the epochal tool of white male supremacy, which is why it continues to have irrational appeal. As much as the jack-booted hate Jews and blacks, that much they love their guns." - James Carrol
My List @ AniDB

Dave
Lilin
Lilin

•      
  •      

Postby Dave » Mon Feb 28, 2005 12:12 am

Cell phones are evil. Do you remember seeing even one single cell phone in Eva? I rest my case.
Beatus vir qui suffert tentationem.

AchtungAffen
Banned

•      
  •      

Postby AchtungAffen » Mon Feb 28, 2005 12:24 am

Episode 3:

http://pics.reiliberationparade.com.ar/articles/3_keitai.jpg

Also in 22' when Asuka tries to call Kaji. I bet there are more.

I rest my case, if there was one to begin with.
My List @ AniDB

bp32
Clockiel
Clockiel

•      
  •      

Postby bp32 » Mon Feb 28, 2005 7:47 am

Misato uses one to talk to Hyuga in EoE right before the attacks begin as she is walking...
"Men judge generally more by the eye than by the hand, for everyone can see and few can feel. Every one sees what you appear to be, few really know what you are."-Niccolo Machiavelli

"In religion and politics, people's beliefs and convictions are in almost every case gotten at second hand, and without examination."-Mark Twain

Dave
Lilin
Lilin

•      
  •      

Postby Dave » Mon Feb 28, 2005 8:36 am

I knew I'd be proven wrong, I knew it. :P

Mr. Tines
Administrator
Administrator

•      
  •      

Postby Mr. Tines » Mon Feb 28, 2005 2:53 pm

AchtungAffen wrote:Also in 22' when Asuka tries to call Kaji. I bet there are more.

Ep 15 when she phones Kaji and leaves a voicemail intended to bring him running.

Ep 22 Misato phoning in while driving back to NERV (not that doing so would make her driving any worse).

As far as putting stuff on phones - it depends on the phone.

There are a bunch of Eva midi files, and most phones will take those.

One of the few good things about the Windows driven phones is that you can just drop wav, midi and jpg files onto them when they're sitting in the cradle.
Reminder: Play nicely <<>> My vanity publishing:- NGE|blog|Photos|retro-blog|Fanfics &c.|MAL|𝕏|🐸|🦣

bp32
Clockiel
Clockiel

•      
  •      

Postby bp32 » Mon Feb 28, 2005 2:58 pm

...also, Misato talking to headquarters in episode one on her way back with Shinji (car phone/cell phone, same difference)...
"Men judge generally more by the eye than by the hand, for everyone can see and few can feel. Every one sees what you appear to be, few really know what you are."-Niccolo Machiavelli

"In religion and politics, people's beliefs and convictions are in almost every case gotten at second hand, and without examination."-Mark Twain

AchtungAffen
Banned

•      
  •      

Postby AchtungAffen » Mon Feb 28, 2005 4:04 pm

So, anbody thought of a good domain name?

Anybody knows about this .arm sound format?

What content manager could I use? Any ideas?

On aspect ratios: I think more important than this would be to get the most used screen definitions. Any chart or something out there?
My List @ AniDB

ChronoX
Matarael
Matarael

•      
  •      

Postby ChronoX » Tue Mar 01, 2005 8:14 pm

I think this would be a great idea, if only my mom would let me use my phone's internet.
"We are born, meant to die. If I am to die, then let it be with a sword in my hand, my enemies at my feet, and my blood on my body. Come forward, come forward, come forward! And let us all meet in bloody combat."-The Rose Lord, William Rose.

Hexon.Arq
Pilot
Pilot

•      
  •      

Postby Hexon.Arq » Wed Mar 02, 2005 5:52 pm

unused urls:

nervmobile.com
nervcell.com
evacrap.com
ngepod.com

PS: Anybody knows how to convert audio to ".amr" format? That's the one my phone uses for non-midi sounds.

However, you will be including MIDI, right? (Of course.) In deciding on good Eva MIDIs from the net, you might want to try contacting their respective sequencers, asking if you can offer their files as ringtones, unless you're feeling daring and want to create entirely new ones. Of course, either option's fruit will have to pass the inspection of a panel of MIDI judges, unless you're interested in slathering on any old thing you come across, which might be a nuisance for a user who doesn't have time to check out each file and decide which ones suck.

Anybody knows about this .arm sound format?

Nevah heard of it.

_you can't do anything, so don't even try
_get some help
_don't do what sonic does

AchtungAffen
Banned

•      
  •      

Postby AchtungAffen » Wed Mar 02, 2005 6:00 pm

I was planning on using a .com.ar domain as I can get them for free for unlimited time. So I guess I can have more names.

nervmobile is free
evamobile too
nervcell too
evacell too

As Evacell is the smallest one, I guess I'll be using that one.

I was planning on using AMR files (if I can't use WAV or MP3) as ringtones, taking some character's voices. It would be great to hear Rei calling you every time you get a phone call.

So, what content manager can I use? I never used one before, that's why I'm asking. Have no idea how to set up one of them.
My List @ AniDB

Dave
Lilin
Lilin

•      
  •      

Postby Dave » Wed Mar 02, 2005 6:23 pm

AchtungAffen wrote:It would be great to hear Rei calling you every time you get a phone call.

Holy crap. I'd actually buy a cell phone if you managed to do that.

AchtungAffen
Banned

•      
  •      

Postby AchtungAffen » Wed Mar 02, 2005 6:47 pm

Hehehe, I have all wav files for the Ayanami Ikusei Keikaku game. Lots and lots of new Rei (Hayashibara) spoken dialogues that I'd love to add to the phone.
My List @ AniDB

Dave
Lilin
Lilin

•      
  •      

Postby Dave » Wed Mar 02, 2005 8:04 pm

You wouldn't happen to have any of Amanda as Rei, would you? *ducks for cover*

ChronoX
Matarael
Matarael

•      
  •      

Postby ChronoX » Wed Mar 02, 2005 9:01 pm

Now if you can accutally have Misato's infamous "Beer Cheer" on the phone, it would be worth saying screw you to my parents and setting up the net and getting that, or any other ringer for that matter.
"We are born, meant to die. If I am to die, then let it be with a sword in my hand, my enemies at my feet, and my blood on my body. Come forward, come forward, come forward! And let us all meet in bloody combat."-The Rose Lord, William Rose.

AchtungAffen
Banned

•      
  •      

Postby AchtungAffen » Wed Mar 02, 2005 9:51 pm

No no. All original voices. As for Misato, I could get it.
My List @ AniDB

Hexon.Arq
Pilot
Pilot

•      
  •      

Postby Hexon.Arq » Thu Mar 31, 2005 4:32 pm

Setting original dialogue as ringtones should be easy enough; a friend of mine has his ringtone set to himself yelling, "Cocksucker!" There might be some legal issues with that, though; I'm not sure how these things work--I don't even have a phone.

_you can't do anything, so don't even try
_get some help
_don't do what sonic does

AchtungAffen
Banned

•      
  •      

Postby AchtungAffen » Thu Mar 31, 2005 9:37 pm

I can record with the phone and then use it as ringtone. But the phone has this rare format... I don't know if it supports mp3 or wav. I have to try.
My List @ AniDB

Return to “Fan Works”