General Discussion?

Important site and forum news, announcements, and feedback goes here.

Moderator: Board Staff

anatrok
Gaghiel
Gaghiel

•      
  •      

Postby anatrok » Fri Feb 25, 2005 10:03 pm

Eva Monkey, I'm curious, what is the rate of growth, member-wise, of these forums since you opened them.

ChronoX
Matarael
Matarael

•      
  •      

Postby ChronoX » Sun Feb 27, 2005 12:28 pm

Sventevith wrote:Oh, roleplaying ;)

>Sits in the other corner, looking at DatDude. Shee, that guy talks too much....<

On the other hand, I'm a "newbie" on these forums (signed up yesterday, so... well, more than a newbie to be perfectly honest ;)) and I personaly would like to learn to know you guys (any girls here?) on another social non-NGE part too... If you did create a general boards that has totaly nothing to do with this board, I don't believe it would ruin anything at all, and I know that from personal experience, I'm like a Forum-Otaku - My record was 130 forums at the same time for a few years ago, now I'm down at... uhm, 20 or something... Most of them oriented in some special area, like this one... Still, there's a lot of topics on the subjects of which the forum/site stands for and a little general too, and that's just for the social part... comunication, to understand eachother... Sorry for rambling... Damn, I say too much too ;)

>Goes back to quiet mr. Shy-guy in the other corner, reading his mangapockets<

130 FORUMS MEIN GOTT!!!!!!!!!!!!!! GET A LIFE!!!!!!!!! ( how did you keep up with them all)
"We are born, meant to die. If I am to die, then let it be with a sword in my hand, my enemies at my feet, and my blood on my body. Come forward, come forward, come forward! And let us all meet in bloody combat."-The Rose Lord, William Rose.

DatDude
Test Subject
Test Subject

•      
  •      

Postby DatDude » Mon Mar 14, 2005 9:49 pm

The recent deadness of this board has inspired me to resurect this thread.

Do you think we should have an off topic section on this sight?

I know that boards like that tend to attrack more spam then anyother type, but they also attract forum members. Some of those could be converted into intellagent posters with time and a little help from the rest of us. :)

My theory would be to use the group system talked about in its own thread. Throw people that misbehave into the kiddy group so to speak were they can only post in the off topic section away from the real eva discussion

Naturaly this would need to wate untill the monky does a rework and fixes a few problems he's dealing with currently.

As things stand now we are in a slump the boards deader then elvis on the bathroom floor. This could bring in some new blood and fresh perspective. Granted we will get many that will be a pain in the ass, but they can be contained, a few converted, and the rest well software people put in a " ban " feature for a reason. :)

I'd like to see a general off topic board, an other anime board, and a fan fic board. Nothing fancy like the megatokyo boards with subsection for just about every subject under the sun. Just enought for me to get to know some of you people a bit better with out making things too unorganized.

DatDude
There was an EVA Nerd here, but now he's gone.

MongolSquad
Matarael
Matarael

•      
  •      

Postby MongolSquad » Mon Mar 14, 2005 10:01 pm

Reichu wrote:
Dave wrote:130 forums... good god, I have trouble keeping up with one. Anyway, I don't see how an off topic forum could hurt, whats the worst that could happen?

It would give the moderators more to keep an eye on, for one thing.

Make more moderators then.

Carl Horn
Israfel
Israfel

•      
  •      

Postby Carl Horn » Tue Mar 15, 2005 12:17 am

anatrok wrote:Eva Monkey, I'm curious, what is the rate of growth, member-wise, of these forums since you opened them.

Huh-huh-huh...you said "growth." Then you said "member."

There's 257 registered users on this board right now--that's an achievement. Think of it as a con panel--very few, even at Otakon or Expo, would attract so many people on one topic...and we have this not a few times a year, but 24 hours a day.

What would we be proving if we had more posters just for the sake of having more posters? And anyone can join already, right? People here pretty much talk about what they want as it is--as long as it ties back to EVA...and this is the EvaMonkey Forum after all.

--C.

"Evangelion is some really popular anime cartoon about some unlikable kid who whines about how badly his life sucks while insanely hot female cartoon ladies dance around him."
--SomethingAwful.com

The Eva Monkey
IT'S OVER 9000!!!
IT'S OVER 9000!!!

•      
  •      

Postby The Eva Monkey » Tue Mar 15, 2005 11:05 am

If you want a place for General Discussion, I suggest Game Sekai. Its another site I kind of sort of run.

http://www.gamesekai.com/

DatDude
Test Subject
Test Subject

•      
  •      

Postby DatDude » Tue Mar 15, 2005 4:43 pm

I was hoping for somthing more local, and figured id bring it up again when I remembered this thread, no biggie.

DatDude
Test Subject
Test Subject

•      
  •      

Postby DatDude » Fri Mar 25, 2005 10:01 pm

Sorry for the posting twice in a row bit, but I've got another idea. It is fandom related though :D .

How about a Fanfic board ?

I know it means inviting a lot of bad writing but it does give us another venue to view EVA. Also it would give us somthing else to talk about regularly as new eva news is few and far between.

The Eva Monkey
IT'S OVER 9000!!!
IT'S OVER 9000!!!

•      
  •      

Postby The Eva Monkey » Sat Mar 26, 2005 1:35 am

Until I have the means to implement a system whereby people could post fan fiction, the Fandom forum will have to do.

Sorry dude. :(

Return to “EvaGeeks News and Feedback”