[MANGA] [NGE] Eva Manga Action Ed. 2 Alternate Soundtrack

For talking about all other entries in the Evangelion franchise: from the various manga and video games to merchandising and various video/audio releases.

Moderator: Board Staff

Forum rules
By visiting this forum, you agree to read the rules for discussion and abide by them.
lyricaldanichan
Embryo

•      
  •      

Postby lyricaldanichan » Fri Sep 03, 2004 5:08 pm

Hexon.Arq wrote:
I would rather hear classical/instrumental music with actual meaning then hear some metal idiot yelling his head off, or whatever type of music you would say Nine Inch Nails or Smashing Pumpkins produces.

That's one of the most arrogant and repulsive things I've ever read. '_'

But anyway, if every song fell right in line with Eva (i.e. a bunch of "new" classical pieces, which, by the way, express little vocally), it wouldn't be "alternate" in any way. Of course, I don't care for his choices either, but just plain music? Either you've got some real doozies of suggestions or just little imagination.

By soundtrack, I don't think he means "songs to score with." (heh heh, "score with"...) It's an album. I've made seven. It's fun.

Finally somebody who understands!

anatrok
Gaghiel
Gaghiel

•      
  •      

Postby anatrok » Wed Feb 09, 2005 4:20 pm

Well, heh, I didn't want to start a new topic, but I had a question, mostly directed to Carl Horn.

In the third vol. the alternate soundtrack for EOE, for Firmament you had "Lake of Fire" listed as a song of Nirvana's. I asume you already know that this is a Meat Puppets song, I was just wondering whether you ment the cover (would you really call it a cover, the did do it with Curt and Cris) or if you got a little confused, you know with deadlines and all.

Oh and I personaly love the music you chose.

thewayneiac
Committeeperson
Committeeperson

•      
  •      

Postby thewayneiac » Wed Feb 09, 2005 9:01 pm

Considering that the Shinji/Asuka kiss in Ep. 15 turns out to be the single most important scene in the entire series, the Ep. 15 song ought to extol the virtues of kissing. (A point that Shinji missed.) So I nominate This Magic Moment. -The Drifters. Jay and the Americans had a hit with it too.
Rejoice, glory is ours. Our young men have not died in vain. Their graves need no flowers. The tapes have recorded their names.
I am all there is.
Negative! Primative! Limited! I let you live.
But I gave you life.
What else could you do?
To do what was right.
I'm perfect, are you?

Carl Horn
Israfel
Israfel

•      
  •      

Postby Carl Horn » Sun Feb 20, 2005 11:16 pm

anatrok wrote:Well, heh, I didn't want to start a new topic, but I had a question, mostly directed to Carl Horn.

In the third vol. the alternate soundtrack for EOE, for Firmament you had "Lake of Fire" listed as a song of Nirvana's. I asume you already know that this is a Meat Puppets song, I was just wondering whether you ment the cover (would you really call it a cover, the did do it with Curt and Cris) or if you got a little confused, you know with deadlines and all.

Oh and I personaly love the music you chose.

Oh, sure. Of course on UNPLUGGED they also cover the Vaselines and David Bowie. I meant the Nirvana version. The music is mostly very 90s, but then that's when I discovered EVANGELION. A lot of people who got into it later, of course, might associate the feelings of the show with more recent bands. But then again I've also got a 1950s song fom Johnny Cash on it ;-)

But EVA coming out the year after Kurt's suicide, it seemed like this was an anime show trying to make anime mean something again, the same way a lot of bands in the early 90s tried to make pop music mean something again. There have always been honest bands of course, but they just didn't get played on pop radio. In 1994 when you'd hear some DJ make a nervous remark after playing a song like "Closer" or "Heart-Shaped Box," you'd get the impression he was wondering what a song like this was doing in the Top 40; and yet, there it was...

I noticed three of the ten songs have "death" or "dead" in the titles, but that's just the kind of movie it is ;-). Actually, "Death Is A Star" was on the first album I ever bought, the Clash's last record, "Combat Rock." Although I think Sonic Youth's "Winner's Blues" would also be excellent for the live-action segment of the movie, when Anno turns the camera on his audience: "And it's out/And it's not/What you thought it was about."

--C.

P.S. Technically, for Teenage Fanclub's "Alcoholiday," I meant the version on the bootleg CD "Grand Slam," not the official release "Bandwagonesque." Now that that's settled. ;-)

P.P.S. By the way, I love it in Volume Three where Shinji tells Toji, "I'd rather have you owe me one." He's definitely got more of a sense of humor in the manga ;-)

lyricaldanichan
Embryo

•      
  •      

Postby lyricaldanichan » Mon Feb 21, 2005 7:22 pm

Someday I like to do a music video using flash for these songs from U2:

MOFO and Wake Up Dead Man - POP

Sometimes You Can't Make it On Your Own and Orignal Of The Species - How To Dismantle An Atomic Bomb

Return to “Everything Else Evangelion”