Character birthdays

For discussion of and submissions for the EvaGeeks Wiki and Commentary. Open to all posters.

Moderators: UrsusArctos, Board Staff

UrsusArctos
The Beginning and The End

Character birthdays

•      
  •      

Postby UrsusArctos » Sun Apr 06, 2008 7:01 am

What are the sources for character birthdays we have? Are all official birthdays the same as those of the character's seiyuu?

And what value is in-show information? I want to know if Toji's birthday has been shown any other time, apart from the messup in Episode 03. (Look at the image- Toji is given two different birthdays in the English and Japanese sections)
http://www.evacommentary.org/episode-03/03_C240_big.jpg
(Was Board Staff from Dec 31, 2007 - Oct 17, 2015 and Oct 20, 2020 - Aug 1, 2021)
Not knowing that Monk is bi is like not knowing the Pope is Catholic - ZapX
You're either really bad at interpreting jokes or really good at pretending you are and I have no idea which.-Monk Ed
WAAAAAAAAGH!!!!!(<-link to lunacy)...Taste me, if you can bear it. (Warning: Language NSFW)
The main point of idiocy is for the smart to have their lulz. Without human idiocy, trolling would not exist, and that's uncool, since a large part of my entertainment consists of mocking the absurdity and dumbassery of the world, especially the Internet.-MaggotMaster

V
Banned

•      
  •      

Postby V » Sun Apr 06, 2008 9:37 am

Yes I have devoted much thought to this; honestly I myself was going to bring up "where the heck does everyone get these dates?" they're in every "Eva Timeline" I've ever seen but I'm not sure of their canonicty

**Kensuke and Toji are on screen, but then there's the whole "they list two different dates for Toji" thing
Who is "Codename V"?....
I'm pleased to meet you and I hope you guessed my name, but what's puzzling you, is the nature of my game...so catch me if you can!! (0:50)
"Superior ability breeds superior ambition" -- Spock, Star Trek TOS episode 1.24 "Space Seed"
You say you say you want a REvolution?...
-->It was only after I lost everything, that I realized: I was free to do anything...

Zuggy
Banned

•      
  •      

Postby Zuggy » Sun Apr 06, 2008 10:06 am

Misato's birthdate is either on her ID card in episode #8 or in her other documents scattered around the place in episode #25 (sometime late in 1986 iirc, making her 29). This is again reinforced when in episode #15 she implies she's coming up to 30 when Misato and Ritsuko are talking about that upcoming wedding.

This should be moved from the editors-only forum to the EvaGeeks Wiki Discussion forum so it gets help from everyone on the forum, rather than the handful of folks who can see it here.

Reichu
Admin Emeritus
Admin Emeritus

•      
  •      

Postby Reichu » Sun Apr 06, 2008 10:27 am

I corrected all of the birth dates to be in a consistent format and match the info in Chronicle. (Only a couple were actually incorrect.) I actually don't have month-and-day confirmation for Yui yet -- those come from Hayashibara's birthday. One can find the figure on a few Japanese websites, but I haven't acquired Chronicle 30, which has Yui's profile, as of yet.
さらば、全てのEvaGeeks。
「滅びの運命は新生の喜びでもある」
Departure Message | The Arqa Apocrypha: An Evangelion Analysis Blog

Ironfoot
Armisael
Armisael

•      
  •      

Postby Ironfoot » Sun Apr 06, 2008 12:42 pm

I fixed Kensuke's and Maya's as well. The rest look to be correct.

Reichu
Admin Emeritus
Admin Emeritus

•      
  •      

Postby Reichu » Sun Apr 06, 2008 12:52 pm

Oh snap. I feel like an idiot for missing those two. -o-;
さらば、全てのEvaGeeks。
「滅びの運命は新生の喜びでもある」
Departure Message | The Arqa Apocrypha: An Evangelion Analysis Blog

Sailor Star Dust
Kept you waiting, huh?
Kept you waiting, huh?

•      
  •      

Postby Sailor Star Dust » Sun Apr 06, 2008 12:56 pm

This is probably common knowledge by now, but Rei of course doesn't have a birthday--hence that CD called "The Birthday of Rei Ayanami" where that CD of Hayashibara's was released on March 30th (IIRC), which is her birthday.
~Take care of yourself, I need you~

V
Banned

•      
  •      

Postby V » Sun Apr 06, 2008 7:07 pm

Yes SSD thank you, though I've already disregarded that CD info as episode 5 specifically says her birthday is unknown
Who is "Codename V"?....
I'm pleased to meet you and I hope you guessed my name, but what's puzzling you, is the nature of my game...so catch me if you can!! (0:50)
"Superior ability breeds superior ambition" -- Spock, Star Trek TOS episode 1.24 "Space Seed"
You say you say you want a REvolution?...
-->It was only after I lost everything, that I realized: I was free to do anything...

UrsusArctos

•      
  •      

Postby UrsusArctos » Sun Apr 06, 2008 8:07 pm

Thanks for the help. For all the blundering with Toji's birthday, they got Kensuke's right. Interesting.
(Was Board Staff from Dec 31, 2007 - Oct 17, 2015 and Oct 20, 2020 - Aug 1, 2021)
Not knowing that Monk is bi is like not knowing the Pope is Catholic - ZapX
You're either really bad at interpreting jokes or really good at pretending you are and I have no idea which.-Monk Ed
WAAAAAAAAGH!!!!!(<-link to lunacy)...Taste me, if you can bear it. (Warning: Language NSFW)
The main point of idiocy is for the smart to have their lulz. Without human idiocy, trolling would not exist, and that's uncool, since a large part of my entertainment consists of mocking the absurdity and dumbassery of the world, especially the Internet.-MaggotMaster

Return to “Wiki Editing and Discussion”