[Fic] Chalice of Dreams (Was: The rebirth of Yui Ikari)

Everything Evangelion Fanfiction related.

Moderators: Derantor, Board Staff

majlund
Sandalphon
Sandalphon

•      
  •      

Postby majlund » Sat Feb 16, 2008 12:58 pm

I wonder how a meeting between Unit-04 and Gendo would turn out. Hell hath no fury like EVA scorned.
Si vis Pacem para Bellum

UrsusArctos
The Beginning and The End

•      
  •      

Postby UrsusArctos » Sat Feb 16, 2008 9:07 pm

A short addition today-

"Hmm...Ikari-san should be at home now." Gendo said.
Yui turned a little pale, but she said nothing, wheeling her bicycle along instead. Hiko turned around, smiling at Yui. She knew that Yui was very frightened of her father, or what he would say if he knew that Yui had been.

Koichi Ikari was not unlike her own father, Shokaku Mamoru. But while Yui's father was strict with his naughty daughter, he had never come down to the same level as Shokaku, who was willing to use his daughter as he saw fit.

True enough, she knew that her father had gotten angrier and even more temperamental than normal in the past few months, and she frequently wondered why. Was it her marraige to Gendo? No, he had arranged that himself. What was it that made him so agitated?

A chauffered BMW drove by the road; Hiko did a double-take when she saw that the driver was clearly not Japanese. He must have been a rich American or European businessman, going to see her father or Ikari-san.

Yui said, "Tests in another two weeks."
"Huh?" Gendo asked.
"Excuse me. I was just speaking to myself."
Hiko said, "You don't need to get this worried."
"Father makes me worried."

Hiko thought about her own father, and how he made her worried instead. Having Gendo around was a comfort. She always felt safer around him.

"Hiko..." Gendo asked.
"Yes?"
"Shall we go out tomorrow night?"
"If my father agrees to it."
"Why is your father so worried?" Gendo asked. "My father noticed quite a change in mood. Yui-kun?"
"My father...is also worried." Yui said.
Hiko thought. "Something outside the business?"
Gendo said, "Perhaps...but it can't be a personal problem."
"Neither my father nor Ikari-san show any signs of breaking their friendship. They're friends with each other." she said.
(Was Board Staff from Dec 31, 2007 - Oct 17, 2015 and Oct 20, 2020 - Aug 1, 2021)
Not knowing that Monk is bi is like not knowing the Pope is Catholic - ZapX
You're either really bad at interpreting jokes or really good at pretending you are and I have no idea which.-Monk Ed
WAAAAAAAAGH!!!!!(<-link to lunacy)...Taste me, if you can bear it. (Warning: Language NSFW)
The main point of idiocy is for the smart to have their lulz. Without human idiocy, trolling would not exist, and that's uncool, since a large part of my entertainment consists of mocking the absurdity and dumbassery of the world, especially the Internet.-MaggotMaster

Matias
Embryo

•      
  •      

Postby Matias » Sat Feb 23, 2008 11:57 pm

This is a very interesting fanfic :clap:

BEsERk EVA01
Nerv Employee
Nerv Employee

•      
  •      

Postby BEsERk EVA01 » Sun Feb 24, 2008 1:20 am

Good story. Good plot. Good characters. :clap: :clap: :clap:
>>My User Profile On EvaPedia<<
>>Per Ardua ad Astra, Through Struggle To The Stars<<
>>Nothing<<

majlund
Sandalphon
Sandalphon

•      
  •      

Postby majlund » Fri Mar 21, 2008 9:25 am

Any hints on when next episode will arrive?
Si vis Pacem para Bellum

UrsusArctos

•      
  •      

Postby UrsusArctos » Fri Mar 21, 2008 10:46 am

I'm very surprised that you've been waiting for a next episode all this time. I thought my fanfic should have been dead and forgotten by now.

majlund, thank you!

Actually, I've been having considerable trouble trying to keep any kind of a consistent storyline in this fanfic. The "Rebirth of Yui" title is now a misnomer (I should change that), since it involves more of Heinrich Hohenstein than it does Yui, and it also features a considerable amount of other characters.

I've been talking with BobBQ on Tenant so far, discussing both plot and weaponry in great detail on the IRC, among other things. Perhaps because of this and the lack of direction, this fic has suffered.

However, having read Arthur C. Clarke's Space Odyssey series and following up with my discussions, I have an idea on how I could carry on with the story.

That update should come soon. Again, thanks for reminding me! :)
(Was Board Staff from Dec 31, 2007 - Oct 17, 2015 and Oct 20, 2020 - Aug 1, 2021)
You're either really bad at interpreting jokes or really good at pretending you are and I have no idea which.-Monk Ed
WAAAAAAAAGH!!!!!(<-link to lunacy)...Taste me, if you can bear it. (Warning: Language NSFW)
The main point of idiocy is for the smart to have their lulz. Without human idiocy, trolling would not exist, and that's uncool, since a large part of my entertainment consists of mocking the absurdity and dumbassery of the world, especially the Internet.-MaggotMaster

BobBQ
Dyskolos
Dyskolos

•      
  •      

Postby BobBQ » Fri Mar 21, 2008 12:14 pm

UrsusArctos wrote:I've been talking with BobBQ on Tenant so far, discussing both plot and weaponry in great detail on the IRC, among other things. Perhaps because of this and the lack of direction, this fic has suffered.

(Becomes an hero out of shame.)

That update should come soon. Again, thanks for reminding me!

Woo!

UrsusArctos

•      
  •      

Postby UrsusArctos » Fri Mar 21, 2008 8:13 pm

BobBQ wrote:(Becomes an hero out of shame.)

Oops...sorry. Me and my big mouth. :duhme:

UrsusArctos

•      
  •      

Postby UrsusArctos » Sat Mar 22, 2008 12:28 am

Not a new chapter, per se, but an addition to an existing scene.
http://evageeks.org/forum/viewtopic.php?p=148159#148159

What should have been a rather hectic day had turned into what could have been Heinrich's last day alive. He was in deep trouble- one man with a G3A3 rifle, and a second with an M82A2 anti-helicopter rifle- an anti-helicopter rifle! If it weren't for the Lilith incarnate near him and her inexplicable barriers, he would already have been dead.

And keeping alive meant staying close to her.

Hohenstein caught a glimpse of one shooter fleeing down the fire escape of one of the buildings- heading down to the ground. A potshot missed him by barely an inch, serving only to alert the fleeing sniper to his adversary's marksmanship.

Hohenstein gritted his teeth and muttered under his breath. If he had taken just a fraction of a second longer in aiming, the sniper would have been neatly plugged.

And there was another somebody to worry about...

Rei flinched instinctively, orange octagons emerging in thin air as another three fifty-caliber rounds smacked into a barrier they couldn't penetrate. The shooter had changed position quickly- having moved from the top of one building to an adjacent one. Hohenstein retaliated, but the man simply ducked behind a water tank. He glanced around- and ducked as the sniper took aim at him.

Rei was gasping for breath. He had never heard her this frightened before. Neither did he imagine she could be this frightened.
"Hohenstein-san..."
"We're going to get that bastard with the Barrett first!"
Hohenstein scrambled on all fours, slowly moving towards the stairs, before racing down them as fast as he could, Rei following. The Barrett gunner made an educated guess and put a bullet into the stairwell about eight inches above and behind his head, broken bits of brick and cement flying around.

Damn him...he's excellent.

Rei was breathing heavily.
"Rei, I think I you to walk in front of me...I'll have to face him soon, and I don't know where he'll shoot from."
Rei nodded. A tiny part of Hohenstein's brain wished she had protested instead, but he didn't bother. He went down, taking the door on his right and getting into one of the broken-down apartments, letting Rei go in first.

First he had thought of kicking the door down, but he worried that the Barrett gunner was close enough to hear him- and after his performance with the huge gun, he was not to be taken lightly. Surprisingly, the door was unlocked, and opened as soon as he twisted the handle.

'Barren' was a perfect description of the apartment. Not a single piece of furniture, no carpeting, nothing of anything was inside. It was just a set of interconnected rooms filled with dust and peeling paint. Had anyone ever lived in there?

The balcony door was half-ajar. Rei made for it- but Hohenstein noticed something that didn't belong in any apartment. A black wire, about the thickness of an average power cord, connected to something behind the balcony door. That was a...

"Rei! Get down! Get down!"
The whole room turned a blinding white, and Hohenstein's ears seemed to bore into the sides of his skull. Shock waves from the explosive reverberated off the walls and floor of the room. Something hit the floor with a gentle thud.
"Rei!" He shouted, barely able to hear his own words, coughing violently as thick gypsum dust filled the air.
"Hohenstein-san?" Asked a weak voice.
Rei had been knocked back by the force of the explosion, but she was all right. Not having understood Hohenstein's warning- and not having her AT Field fully deployed, was physically knocked down. It was trivial- Hohenstein too had suffered nothing more than dust inhalation.

Where a solid wall had once stood yawned a gaping hole. The damage to the building was anything but trivial- but it did Hohenstein a favor.

Rei asked, "Shall I go in front again?"
"By my side." he whispered. He might just get lucky...
Crawling on all fours, he saw that he was lucky. The Barrett gunner was talking on a walkie-talkie, his big gun lowered. He saw Hohenstein and, dropping the walkie-talkie, got his gun around, but too late. Hohenstein was first, shooting him in the upper chest and then through a corner of his forehead, dropping him.

One down.

One to go.

majlund
Sandalphon
Sandalphon

•      
  •      

Postby majlund » Sat Mar 22, 2008 4:29 am

Oh my - I was only asking for a projected release date and then there's an explanation and an update. I feel pampered :grin:
Keep it up Ursusarctos, you've got plenty to write about.
Si vis Pacem para Bellum

Return to “Fanfiction”