Fiction Project "Resurrection of Evangelion"

Everything Evangelion Fanfiction related.

Moderators: Derantor, Board Staff

Furu
Adam

Fiction Project "Resurrection of Evangelion"

•      
  •      

Postby Furu » Fri Mar 21, 2008 6:06 pm

Okay, a few weeks ago after watching EoE again I got a wild idea: What would the world indeed be like after Third Impact? How about a hundred years? What if mankind had to again dig into the well of forbidden knowledge the Evangelion series once sprung from , in order to fight a new enemy?

Noting Gainax's love of "R____ of Evangelion", I decided a fitting title would be "Resurrection of Evangelion".

All I have in my head is some rough ideas that revolve around the above concept: it's hundred years after 3I. Humanity is, more or less, back to the normal routine including blowing each other up as the New United Nations wages war on some dissenting states. Project E is started under a new, more controlled organization...though not for Angel fighting, but to create new weapons of destruction for the increasingly power-hungry NUN.

Of course, when a probe satellite reveals a gigantic object in space with Pattern Type Blue heading for Earth, things shift around immediately.

To keep from spoiling the story before I even write it, there's some of what I have in mind now. My request to you, EvaGeeks Forumers, is:

Get me some suggestions oh please. I really want to know what you guys think of this, things you'd like to see, where you would like it to go/don't want to see, and so on. With help from this thread, I'll hopefully be able to put together an interesting story.
Insert Block of Text here.

Reichu
Admin Emeritus
Admin Emeritus

•      
  •      

Postby Reichu » Fri Mar 21, 2008 6:22 pm

One thing that comes up now and again is whether or not any viable Eva material actually remains after 3I. Yui does this funky thing with the Spear of Longinus in EoE that not only destroys the replica Spears, it seems to be the factor that "petrifies" the MPs, as well. It's been suggested that this is done in order to render their cells (or whatever) unusable for future generations and keep all that Impact nonsense from ever happening again. Although, this idea does have some gaping holes, like a gigantic deity-corpse that DOESN'T seem to be "petrified", and Spear / Eva / etc. samples at other Nerv branches left unaccounted for.

So I suppose you can pretty much ignore everything I've said. :hahaha:
さらば、全てのEvaGeeks。
「滅びの運命は新生の喜びでもある」
Departure Message | The Arqa Apocrypha: An Evangelion Analysis Blog

Furu
Adam

•      
  •      

Postby Furu » Fri Mar 21, 2008 6:26 pm

That is a good point, and I never really thought of that before, but again with Rei's big friggin' head right in the Hakone crater it's not like they couldn't use it for material. It just means that the EVAs this time around will all have a Lilith base.

Of course I may or may not have something in mind for Yui too.

Mr. Tines
Administrator
Administrator

•      
  •      

Postby Mr. Tines » Fri Mar 21, 2008 6:30 pm

The tricky bit with "100 year later" is that you have a whole new cast, except possibly Yui. The tricky bit will be to create a cast that doesn't look like the typical new pilots of fanfic infamy.
Reminder: Play nicely <<>> My vanity publishing:- NGE|blog|Photos|retro-blog|Fanfics &c.|MAL|𝕏|🐸|🦣

Reichu
Admin Emeritus
Admin Emeritus

•      
  •      

Postby Reichu » Fri Mar 21, 2008 6:40 pm

Furu wrote:with Rei's big friggin' head

And the rest lying around, too.

it's not like they couldn't use it for material.

I wonder what would happen to that corpse over the course of 100 years? Would it just sit there, or would it actually deteriorate?

It just means that the EVAs this time around will all have a Lilith base.

If all of the Evas are gonna be based on Lilith, maybe they could be called something else. ("Eva" implies an Adam basis, after all.) "Lilin" is already taken, and I don't recall offhand what else the Lilith of yore has reputedly cranked out. Might be worth taking a look.

Of course I may or may not have something in mind for Yui too.

Is returning to Earth in the mission plans?

in order to fight a new enemy

"Space Monsters"? Anti-Spirals?
さらば、全てのEvaGeeks。
「滅びの運命は新生の喜びでもある」

Furu
Adam

•      
  •      

Postby Furu » Fri Mar 21, 2008 6:53 pm

Mr. Tines wrote:The tricky bit will be to create a cast that doesn't look like the typical new pilots of fanfic infamy.

I'm definitely going to do my best to keep the pilots from being the 2120 Mary Sue All-Stars or exact rips from the show. Some will be similar archetypes but be different in every respect I can muster, and some will be complete and total opposite to a character they superficially resemble.

Reichu wrote:Would it just sit there, or would it actually deteriorate?

For the purpose of Plot (TM) I imagine it would sit there in some state until it was cleaned up. It's hard to say what the decay rate would be on a deity's corpse.

As for naming the Evas something else, that actually takes a bit of weight off of my shoulders. I was unhappy with the name I had in my mind for a bit ("Reworked Evangelion Series/ReEVA") and something entirely different may be the best route.

Reichu wrote:Is returning to Earth in the mission plans?

peeeerhaaaaps.

As for the actual villain, all I'll say at this time was the first idea I had for a good villain was "a rotten Seed of Life". Not specifically evil but something definitely not functioning as intended.

Mr. Tines
Administrator
Administrator

•      
  •      

Postby Mr. Tines » Fri Mar 21, 2008 6:58 pm

Another thing -- such a 2120 setting should be fairly seriously high-tech. Steal liberally from writers like Vinge, Egan and Stross.
Reminder: Play nicely <<>> My vanity publishing:- NGE|blog|Photos|retro-blog|Fanfics &c.|MAL|𝕏|🐸|🦣

Furu
Adam

•      
  •      

Postby Furu » Fri Mar 21, 2008 7:13 pm

I'm wary of getting things too advanced - it is a hundred years, yes, but some of that time was probably spent recovering from being melted into a big orange blob - but I'll try to make things several steps up from Eva. Not hard sci-fi mind you: this is the universe that treats physics as a vague suggestion, after all.

Something I can't figure out exactly is what mankind would do with an ocean full of LCL. No more trips to the beach? I can't imagine they'd clean it out and drink it or anything. It's probably the number one big ecological shift.

Reichu
Admin Emeritus
Admin Emeritus

•      
  •      

Postby Reichu » Fri Mar 21, 2008 8:58 pm

That LCL had to come from somewhere, right? Tangified lifeforms and such.* Perhaps organisms capable of withstanding these unusual environmental conditions right off the bat reconstitute themselves, which in turn dilutes the LCL content of the water. This allows more and more species to return until things are basically "as they were". However, I have no idea how long this process would take.

Also, in futurizing the setting, you could make some nods to other Gainax animu. ;) And maybe the antagonist could, as well, despite being grounded in the NGE universe...

Plus, should pilots be as limited in their age range as they were before? Should the mechanics of piloting necessarily follow the same rules at all? (I.e., kids piloting their dead moms.)

* I suppose if we assume that Lilith's RED blood is LCL, too, then the ocean became super-saturated -- amount of LCL present after 3I would exceed the starting biomass. Deal with this as you will...
さらば、全てのEvaGeeks。
「滅びの運命は新生の喜びでもある」

Furu
Adam

•      
  •      

Postby Furu » Fri Mar 21, 2008 10:04 pm

I don't see any reason to change the way EVAs work, and really I doubt I could come up with something better >_> I like the idea of the LCL quantity lowering with the less things are in it, though.

BrikHaus
Dokutah Tenma
Dokutah Tenma

•      
  •      

Postby BrikHaus » Fri Mar 21, 2008 11:04 pm

Don't forget to include the Drill of Longinus, as mentioned in the IRC.
Awesomely Shitty
-"That purace has more badassu maddafaakas zan supermax spaceland."
-On EMF, as a thread becomes longer, the likelihood that fem-Kaworu will be mentioned increases exponentially.
-the only English language novel actually being developed in parallel to its Japanese version involving a pan-human Soviet in a galactic struggle to survive and to export the communist utopia/revolution to all the down trodden alien class and race- one of the premise being that Khrushchev remains and has abandoned Lysenko stupidity

RandomStuff
Sachiel
Sachiel

•      
  •      

Postby RandomStuff » Fri Mar 21, 2008 11:25 pm

Character ideas:
-Some kid who was a child soldier in some war years before[It worked for Raiden, but for a kid? I've never seen it}
-A kensukeesque character who actually gets to pilot one of the NewEvas
-The preppy girl everyone thinks is a bitch, no compensating or trauma, she just is.

Try reading Arthur C. Clarke's 2061: Odyssey Three for an idea of what tech should be like [Judging from how far off the books are from what we're heading to at their times, I say that's a good reference]
Maybe trying to retrieve Yui-sama triggers baddies?
Irrelevance is the key to success! Losbacas.com
It's like pulling teeth from the corpses of the defiled!-Jake
Wayne's cancer-curing hair cures cancer!
The golden magic 8-ball says you must die...

Return to “Fanfiction”