Angel and Episode pages and what makes an encyclopedia

For discussion of and submissions for the EvaGeeks Wiki and Commentary. Open to all posters.

Moderators: UrsusArctos, Board Staff

UrsusArctos
The Beginning and The End
The Beginning and The End

Angel and Episode pages and what makes an encyclopedia

Postby UrsusArctos » Tue Mar 04, 2008 7:32 am

Concerning these pages-
1. I'm leaving the Episode pages untouched for the time being, because I think they're largely okay. If anyone wants to add on new analysis points that were missed out- feel free! Quotes and such have no great priority(being largely useless information), but you can add them if you feel like in the episodes that lack them.

2. Angel pages- the Arael battle was glaringly wrong, and some of the Gaghiel description essentially repeated itself. You may have noticed red markup on the Sachiel page...I put that on the section that could go into "production drawings and details".

Reichu has uploaded a considerable amount of material, including production drawings, and if anyone intends to add descriptions of the Angel design during production in a "production" section, feel free to do so. The proposal material is pure gold.

General-

In General, those of you who intend to add a very large amount of content to the wiki, please make sure you're not adding on useless information. To add a longwinded description of an Angel or Evangelion armor or whatever makes no sense at all, because a picture is worth a thousand words- a single image of an Eva or Angel will be a better description of its appearance than anything you put up. A general description, to identify the mecha or point out something really interesting, would be enough. Beyond that would be excessive, and it leads to pages appearing disorganized and cluttered.

I might get to addressing other things soon. Feel free to tell me what you think. Reichu, do you have anything to add? Or is there something I'm missing?

Edit: Also trying to fix the maintenance templates a little, especially the cleanup templates.
Cleanup- It's a godforsaken mess
Cleanup2-It's a monster and needs to be brought down to size.
Cleanup3-It's okay as far as content and organization go, but is full of spelling or grammar errors or minor violations of convention (Eg: Eva Unit 00 instead of Eva-00)
(Was Board Staff from Dec 31, 2007 - Oct 17, 2015 and Oct 20, 2020 - Aug 1, 2021)
Not knowing that Monk is bi is like not knowing the Pope is Catholic - ZapX
You're either really bad at interpreting jokes or really good at pretending you are and I have no idea which.-Monk Ed
WAAAAAAAAGH!!!!!(<-link to lunacy)...Taste me, if you can bear it. (Warning: Language NSFW)
The main point of idiocy is for the smart to have their lulz. Without human idiocy, trolling would not exist, and that's uncool, since a large part of my entertainment consists of mocking the absurdity and dumbassery of the world, especially the Internet.-MaggotMaster

Return to “Wiki Editing and Discussion”