The Live Action Evangelion Movie

Notable old Evangelion threads from the AnimeNation Forums are preserved here.

Moderators: Monk Ed, Ornette

Ikari_Shinji [ANF]
Embryo

•      
  •      

Postby Ikari_Shinji [ANF] » Mon Feb 04, 2008 12:00 am

Porkypine wrote:In Anime Insider's latest issue, a blurb stated that ADV has narrowed down a "short list" of potential directors. So if you thought the movie had died or was in limbo, ADV is still plugging away at not making this so. They were also quoted as saying "What financial risk? It's Evangelion", or something to that effect. They seem to really want this to happen.

I for one think this movie wouldn't and couldn't work as a live action, and wish that if we see any new Evangelion it is animated (though not bloody likely).
Finally I wish ADV would stop trying to milk the Evangelion cash cow.

I couldn't agree more. If Anno doesn't direct it then... dear God in Heaven... this movie will suck.

Originally posted on: 29-Oct-2004, 04:14 GMT

Hexon.Arq [ANF]
Lilith

•      
  •      

Postby Hexon.Arq [ANF] » Mon Feb 04, 2008 12:00 am

It's not that it will suck. It just won't the the Eva we know, and the only reason that would make anyone angry is because the creators are touting this around like we're all supposed to love it exactly the same way no matter what. Otherwise, it would be totally cool if they just stopped declaring that the film will be something that they clearly aren't moving towards.

Originally posted on: 29-Oct-2004, 22:38 GMT

Dan [ANF]
Embryo

•      
  •      

Postby Dan [ANF] » Mon Feb 04, 2008 12:00 am

Blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah. This was already a thread blah blah blah blah blah blah, it could be good blah blah blah blah blah blah. This isnt news, and by pointing that out I'm cool blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah.

Look, the movies, without a DOUBT, will be great. And you know why? Because it could finally humble the greedy bastards that comprise ADV by being the worst movie ever.

So what are people being for Halloween?

Originally posted on: 30-Oct-2004, 21:54 GMT

Hexon.Arq [ANF]
Lilith

•      
  •      

Whatever the hell I am right now. :looks at the calendar: Yep.

Originally posted on: 01-Nov-2004, 02:16 GMT

Ryokai [ANF]
Embryo

•      
  •      

Postby Ryokai [ANF] » Mon Feb 04, 2008 12:00 am

I will just wait and see what happens with all this.

Originally posted on: 02-Nov-2004, 16:43 GMT

Ark [ANF]
Lilith

•      
  •      

Postby Ark [ANF] » Mon Feb 04, 2008 12:00 am

I really don't see how they can compact eva into one film.

Originally posted on: 02-Nov-2004, 16:54 GMT

Reichu [ANF]
Angel
Angel

•      
  •      

Postby Reichu [ANF] » Mon Feb 04, 2008 12:00 am

If we're going to gripe about the movie, might as well bump the old monster thread and do it there... There is also the massively philosophical Image issue about whether or not one even OUGHT to bother griping at this point, but I digress.

Originally posted on: 02-Nov-2004, 19:31 GMT

Hexon.Arq [ANF]
Lilith

•      
  •      

Woah, that was cool. It's like, they got fused.

I'm still reading.

Originally posted on: 05-Nov-2004, 00:17 GMT

Keisuke-kun [ANF]
Sachiel
Sachiel

•      
  •      

Postby Keisuke-kun [ANF] » Mon Feb 04, 2008 12:01 am

I personally think making a live action Eva croses moral boundries.

And Im not reading this thread.

Originally posted on: 05-Nov-2004, 11:57 GMT

DistantJ [ANF]
Embryo

•      
  •      

Postby DistantJ [ANF] » Mon Feb 04, 2008 12:01 am

Oh jesus. Get a life. The Eva movies are going to be good(they said they're making a trilogy, not one film), and it's going to tell the story to a general public so everyone can enjoy it without having to spend £100 on 10 full price DVDs for something which only wierdos like us watch.

Originally posted on: 05-Nov-2004, 12:27 GMT

Keisuke-kun [ANF]
Sachiel
Sachiel

•      
  •      

Actually I believe it will work like this: First film gets made. Theres no deal for a second film. If teh first film does good the company may allow them to make a second.

Its written somewhere on this thread.

Originally posted on: 05-Nov-2004, 13:58 GMT

Reichu [ANF]
Angel
Angel

•      
  •      

Postby Reichu [ANF] » Mon Feb 04, 2008 12:01 am

Behold! A monster has been reborn! Let the quibbling go on! MWA HAH HAHHHH!

Originally posted on: 05-Nov-2004, 14:18 GMT

Keisuke-kun [ANF]
Sachiel
Sachiel

•      
  •      

Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Originally posted on: 05-Nov-2004, 14:37 GMT

Reichu [ANF]
Angel
Angel

•      
  •      

Postby Reichu [ANF] » Mon Feb 04, 2008 12:01 am

Keisuke-kun wrote:Its written somewhere on this thread.

Heh, EVERYTHING is written somewhere on this thread. Trust me, folks, if you have an opinion on this film, it has probably already been expressed, at least five times. Image

Originally posted on: 05-Nov-2004, 15:04 GMT

thx3876 [ANF]
Adam

•      
  •      

Postby thx3876 [ANF] » Mon Feb 04, 2008 12:01 am

Reichu wrote:Heh, EVERYTHING is written somewhere on this thread. Trust me, folks, if you have an opinion on this film, it has probably already been expressed, at least five times. Image

Or if you're like me and you expressed two or three different opinions at least five times. Image

Originally posted on: 06-Nov-2004, 10:37 GMT

Magami No ER [ANF]
Tokyo-3 Resident
Tokyo-3 Resident

•      
  •      

Postby Magami No ER [ANF] » Mon Feb 04, 2008 12:01 am

Here it is bakbakabaka, I dug up the thread for you. You can post about your dislike for the live action movie here .Maybe more will post, I don't know.

Originally posted on: 23-Nov-2004, 02:21 GMT

Hexon.Arq [ANF]
Lilith

•      
  •      

Postby Hexon.Arq [ANF] » Mon Feb 04, 2008 12:01 am

When the semester's over, I'll finish reading this big behemoth. Then I'll state an opinion so obvious and sensible that it's downright profound and you'll all pee your pants.

But not now.

Originally posted on: 25-Nov-2004, 05:18 GMT

Hexon.Arq [ANF]
Lilith

•      
  •      

Postby Hexon.Arq [ANF] » Mon Feb 04, 2008 12:01 am

And now, the response:

Wow. It's true; every opinion has been stated. What amazes me, though, is how unremarkable I now realize this fact is--there are only three things to say: "It'll suck", "It might not suck", and "I don't care if it does suck, I'll blow the ten bucks like a sucker anyway."

Oh, and I am shocked at the almost obscene recurrence of Star Wars in this thread. As relevant as the films might be to the discussion, I've never seen such splendid subject homicide with regard to the published fanfictions. Kudos.

While it has taken me about a month to get through the thread (I read it in small snippets when I had the time), one thing I've noticed is its lack of stepping beyond stating the obvious; it presents the problems, but offers no solutions. Of course, the bulk of this discussion took place almost a year ago, so I guess that much is understandable. I just never thought I'd ever read so many blocks of words that barely wander from the subject of, "eew, the girls are old and fat." (For any subject n00bs left in the world who ever find this thread, I offer these as representation that the faces don't mean diddly-zhit: Kate Rose (dead), Ray (dead), Susan Whitnall (also dead, and moreso), and Teddyturtle Yui (looking a little less like something dead; admittedly, this face does matter).)

Being that every opinion that falls into the three possible categories has been shared, I am not going to provide one of my own here. At this point, it's likely (and probably hopeful) that no one really cares what I think, so instead I'll just post THIS LINK (assuming you all haven't already dropped by there) in the event that anyone is mildly curious. (For those of you who have not yet visited, [or have just not taken a good gander] you may find things to discuss other than Star Wars and why sequels suck and why ADV is a bunch of cornball jerkoffs... maybe.) Rather than condense a year of my own slowly-evolving perception of the project here, I'd rather let it sprawl out on the couch in the greenhouse where it was born. I do hope this doesn't sound arrogant (like one Mr. R*******, whose attitude got him fried there), as it did take me a month to get through this whole thing, and I would have to be taking pretty damn thorough notes to remember everything that's been covered, but seeing as how I find it impossible to discuss the film in a single thread, I hereby re-submit that portal.

Originally posted on: 21-Dec-2004, 07:11 GMT

Keisuke-kun [ANF]
Sachiel
Sachiel

•      
  •      

Postby Keisuke-kun [ANF] » Mon Feb 04, 2008 12:02 am

Image Wow....you actually read this entire thread... You deserve a ginourmous cookie. I mean a cookie so big that the earth would crumble under its weight.

I applaud you.

Since there ain't no smile for that....

[img]http://evageeks.org/ANF-Archive/images/Kitty Spin.gif[/img] Image Image [img]http://evageeks.org/ANF-Archive/images/Kitty Dance.gif[/img]

Originally posted on: 21-Dec-2004, 09:23 GMT

Hexon.Arq [ANF]
Lilith

•      
  •      

Postby Hexon.Arq [ANF] » Mon Feb 04, 2008 12:02 am

Thank you, thank you. I truly do deserve that. ('Had to put up with a lot of crap reading that...)

Originally posted on: 21-Dec-2004, 09:39 GMT

Return to “AnimeNation Archive”