Eva-00 speculation

Discussion of the new series of Evangelion movies ( "Evangelion Shin Gekijōban", meaning "Evangelion: New Theatrical Edition"). The final instalment made its debut in Japan on March 8, 2021.

Moderators: Rebuild/OT Moderators, Board Staff

Forum rules
By visiting this forum, you agree to read the rules for discussion.
Indigo Arcangel
Sahaquiel
Sahaquiel

Eva-00 speculation

•      
  •      

Postby Indigo Arcangel » Tue Jan 01, 2008 4:33 am

I have just been watching the camrips of the second part of Rebuild, and I took note of the fact that in the catastrophic eva-0 test, it takes the same action - trying to punch at Gendo. Now, there has been a lot of speculation that during the original series, the nature of the soul inside eva0 may have changed during production.

However, this suggests that Anno has a definate idea of who is the soul of Eva 0.

Small, obvious insight, I know, but I thought it worth mentioning.
Normality is overrated

Kaworu/Asuka - give it a chance!
(Clarification - I still like Asuka/Shinji)

UrsusArctos
The Beginning and The End
The Beginning and The End

•      
  •      

Postby UrsusArctos » Tue Jan 01, 2008 5:20 am

Nah, that doesn't mean anything. What I noticed is that she bangs her head against the wall the way she does in Episode 14. The devil is in the details.
(Was Board Staff from Dec 31, 2007 - Oct 17, 2015 and Oct 20, 2020 - Aug 1, 2021)
Not knowing that Monk is bi is like not knowing the Pope is Catholic - ZapX
You're either really bad at interpreting jokes or really good at pretending you are and I have no idea which.-Monk Ed
WAAAAAAAAGH!!!!!(<-link to lunacy)...Taste me, if you can bear it. (Warning: Language NSFW)
The main point of idiocy is for the smart to have their lulz. Without human idiocy, trolling would not exist, and that's uncool, since a large part of my entertainment consists of mocking the absurdity and dumbassery of the world, especially the Internet.-MaggotMaster

cat42
Tokyo-3 Resident
Tokyo-3 Resident

•      
  •      

Postby cat42 » Tue Jan 01, 2008 3:08 pm

Just a random question, I haven't watched the cam rip yet, but just to be sure, Ritsuko is still in the box, right? I remember Ritsuko outright saying that she believed UNIT-00 was attacking her.
"...I follow you both online and offline, and I am a 4-dimensional manifestation of absolute evil..." - Reichu-tachi
"In all cases, eventually it becomes necessary to decide to 'deliberately betray the fans.'" - Yoji Enokido
I believe in the director of Eva 1.11.

Lilith

•      
  •      

Postby Avatar of Dreams » Tue Jan 01, 2008 4:21 pm

cat42 wrote:Just a random question, I haven't watched the cam rip yet, but just to be sure, Ritsuko is still in the box, right? I remember Ritsuko outright saying that she believed UNIT-00 was attacking her.

Yes, Ritsuko is still in the box during Rebuild. But she says that line in episode 14 after Eva 0 with Shinji inside goes beserk.

EvaCub
Ireul
Ireul

•      
  •      

Postby EvaCub » Mon Jan 07, 2008 10:26 am

UrsusArctos wrote:What I noticed is that she bangs her head against the wall the way she does in Episode 14. The devil is in the details.

thats what I had thought
the first time around doesnt EVA-00 just lug a punch
My Anime List
Apjak:"Basically, to make an A.T. field gun, you'd have to make a gun that fires Evangelions. Not a very efficient use.
SailorStarDust:"No, everything has SOME meaning to it in Eva!"
Reichu on Sequel Theory:lights bandwagon on fire again:

Return to “Rebuild of Evangelion Discussion”