i am legend

A subforum for discussions about Film, TV, and Videos.

Moderators: Rebuild/OT Moderators, Board Staff

Sachi
Oh Daddy!
Oh Daddy!

•      
  •      

Postby Sachi » Mon Dec 17, 2007 8:22 pm

Matt_Colly wrote:
THE Hal E. Burton 9000 wrote:Alright, so when does the trailer for Indiana Jones 4 come out?

/off-topic now, I sorry...

does this board really have a topic? haha, i really liked the I.J 4 leaked poster and the website is AWESOME.

we could make this the official, NEW REMAKE/SEQUAL/SHIT MOVIE thread
- Sachi

I host the discord server for the EvaGeeks forums. Join us! https://discord.gg/aBQ3F6M9yp

Matt_Colly
Embryo

•      
  •      

Postby Matt_Colly » Mon Dec 17, 2007 8:23 pm

The Bastard King wrote:Who do you think would win in a fight between the new Rambo and the new Snake? =P

haha, i love me some rambo. but snake is pretty bad ass too...so i'm going with chuck norris.

Tokpile Quohog
Marquis Tokpile de Boîtes
Marquis Tokpile de Boîtes

•      
  •      

Postby Tokpile Quohog » Mon Dec 17, 2007 11:46 pm

Saw the movie, didn't puke. Fun movie.
TheEvaMonkey: I HATE BEING A FAT CHICK

Matt_Colly
Embryo

•      
  •      

Postby Matt_Colly » Tue Dec 18, 2007 1:58 am

Sachiel_13 wrote:we could make this the official, NEW REMAKE/SEQUAL/SHIT MOVIE thread

i'm down with that

BrikHaus
Dokutah Tenma
Dokutah Tenma

•      
  •      

Postby BrikHaus » Tue Dec 25, 2007 11:44 pm

I saw this movie a few days before Christmas. Overall, I thought it was very well done. It was suspensful when it needed to be, the action was cool, and Will Smith did a phenomenal job. He was in every single scene in the movie, and almost always the only actor on screen. He carried the entire film, and did it extremely well. My only gripes were the crappy CGI-tastic bad guys, and how the ending was totally different from the book. But taking this movie for what it was, I thought they did a good job.
Awesomely Shitty
-"That purace has more badassu maddafaakas zan supermax spaceland."
-On EMF, as a thread becomes longer, the likelihood that fem-Kaworu will be mentioned increases exponentially.
-the only English language novel actually being developed in parallel to its Japanese version involving a pan-human Soviet in a galactic struggle to survive and to export the communist utopia/revolution to all the down trodden alien class and race- one of the premise being that Khrushchev remains and has abandoned Lysenko stupidity

chee
EGF Hate Machine
EGF Hate Machine

•      
  •      

Postby chee » Wed Dec 26, 2007 12:44 am

EDIT: D'OH!
Last edited by chee on Wed Dec 26, 2007 12:45 am, edited 1 time in total.

chee
EGF Hate Machine
EGF Hate Machine

•      
  •      

Postby chee » Wed Dec 26, 2007 12:44 am

The best scene in the movie was Will Smith's character flipping out over the moved mannequin.

NAveryW
Insect Politician
Insect Politician

•      
  •      

Postby NAveryW » Wed Dec 26, 2007 12:46 am

I saw it today, and I considered it overall to be very good except for the ending (slipshod ripoff of Signs).

I actually thought that the Dark Seekers looked more realistic than the "regular" animals done in CG, such as the lions and the... deer? Elk? I'm not that good with antlered fauna. Pretty sure they weren't moose.
"Today?... hmm... today... right... Um... I'm just gonna wing it." -Guess who

brainDamage
Lilith

•      
  •      

Postby brainDamage » Wed Dec 26, 2007 3:25 am

chee wrote:The best scene in the movie was Will Smith's character flipping out over the moved mannequin.

I definitely second that. I saw the movie a few days ago. I read one review that said the first hour was solid and the last forty minutes were a waste. I agreed.

I found the first hour to be an eerie, meditative look at the loss of a lone man's sanity in a world without kin and totally out to kill him and his last canine friend. The second part didn't ruin it for me, but it definitely didn't make the movie for me...

I wasn't a fan of the cgi darkseekers either. I don't think they looked very well done. I read that the director didn't want to use actors because they would have to hyperventilate all the damn time, thus they would pass out before the end of the scene. I can see that concern, but for shit's sake, there were only a few scenes like the lab table patient where it was obvious the vamps were even breathing fast.
"You don't know your own mind." -Jonathan Swift, Polite Conversation, 1738

BrikHaus
Dokutah Tenma
Dokutah Tenma

•      
  •      

Postby BrikHaus » Wed Dec 26, 2007 11:54 pm

chee wrote:The best scene in the movie was Will Smith's character flipping out over the moved mannequin.

I know, that part was awesome!
Awesomely Shitty
-"That purace has more badassu maddafaakas zan supermax spaceland."
-On EMF, as a thread becomes longer, the likelihood that fem-Kaworu will be mentioned increases exponentially.
-the only English language novel actually being developed in parallel to its Japanese version involving a pan-human Soviet in a galactic struggle to survive and to export the communist utopia/revolution to all the down trodden alien class and race- one of the premise being that Khrushchev remains and has abandoned Lysenko stupidity

Matt_Colly
Embryo

•      
  •      

Postby Matt_Colly » Thu Dec 27, 2007 7:27 pm

wow, i guess i had to high of expectations...i hated it! saw sweeny todd and i was suprised...i liked it a lot (but i saw the play too so i kind of know the lyrics and the humor already) t.burton did a comendable job adapting it for the silver screen.

Return to “Film and Video”