How would you want to be remembered?

Important site and forum news, announcements, and feedback goes here.

Moderator: Board Staff

Alaska Slim
Frigus Ignoramus
Frigus Ignoramus

•      
  •      

Postby Alaska Slim » Mon Nov 26, 2007 6:18 am

Ah, you mere mortals and your petty concerns over your own finite, temporary existence... though truth be told, I have no indication of when or even how my time as a dog spirit will finally cease... if ever... perhaps I will be an eternal testament that dogs once existed? Image
"Therefore encourage one another and build one another up, just as you are doing." - 1 Thessalonians 5:11

"It is one of the blessings of old friends that you can afford to be stupid with them." -Ralph Waldo Emerson

"God is in his Heaven, and free men walk upon the Earth" - Rev. Robert Sirico, President of the Acton Institute

The Imperialist
Pilot
Pilot

•      
  •      

Postby The Imperialist » Fri Nov 30, 2007 12:52 pm

I, myself, would be a testament for the existence of the world- if you feel pain, you must exist. Hehehehe…
I feel old

Hexon.Arq
Pilot
Pilot

•      
  •      

Postby Hexon.Arq » Fri Nov 30, 2007 5:17 pm

As that nagging feeling that something has been forgotten.

_you can't do anything, so don't even try
_get some help
_don't do what sonic does

The Imperialist
Pilot
Pilot

•      
  •      

Postby The Imperialist » Fri Nov 30, 2007 6:01 pm

Umm… like?
I feel old

Omegagouki
Shikigami of the Castle
Shikigami of the Castle

•      
  •      

Postby Omegagouki » Sat Dec 01, 2007 1:03 am

How do I want to be remembered? I don't. In the grand scheme of things I'm no one special. I will live, maybe I'll make a difference, maybe I won't, and eventually I'll die. Everyone dies eventually, you see, and that's just how life is. Maybe you'll be immortalized or renowned for the rest of time, but you're still mortal, and you will pass on eventually.

I hope that helps. :P
PSN/Steam: Zentillion | Tum8lr
8luh 8luh
Sill (and always) promoting Homestuck

Eva Yojimbo
Redbeard
Redbeard

•      
  •      

Postby Eva Yojimbo » Sat Dec 01, 2007 2:10 am

I want to become immortal and then die.
Cinelogue & Forced Perspective Cinema
^ Writing as Jonathan Henderson ^
We're all adrift on the stormy seas of Evangelion, desperately trying to gather what flotsam can be snatched from the gale into a somewhat seaworthy interpretation so that we can at last reach the shores of reason and respite. - ObsessiveMathsFreak
Jimbo has posted enough to be considered greater than or equal to everyone, and or synonymous with the concept of 'everyone'. - Muggy
I've seen so many changeful years, / to Earth I am a stranger grown: / I wander in the ways of men, / alike unknowing and unknown: / Unheard, unpitied, unrelieved, / I bear alone my load of care; / For silent, low, on beds of dust, / Lie all that would my sorrows share. - Robert Burns' Lament for James

Sailor Star Dust
Kept you waiting, huh?
Kept you waiting, huh?

•      
  •      

Postby Sailor Star Dust » Sat Dec 01, 2007 12:48 pm

@ Yojimbo: Interesting.

Well, let's see, with me, I have a HUGE fear of death (Me thinks it's at the Asuka "Shinenowa....iyaaaaaaaa!!!!" EoTV/EoE level here. For real.) but since I have no say in the matter......

First off, I'd want to go peacefully. Preferably in my sleep and in my spouse's arms (gender regardless, of course).

I guess....I'd want to be remembered as somebody who tried their best at life and finally succeeded (despite my usual "Life sucks EVEN with the will to live" Depressed state of mind. Jeez, Shinji and I would be made for eachother).... I'd want people to be happy with remembering me, provided anybody even WOULD.

And um what else. The one good thing about dying, I guess, is I can finally find out if I'm horribly incorrect or maybe not with thinking (and angsting about) that: 1) We live on in a spiritual form or some other plane of existence/dimension 2) God has love for all of us and wants ALL of His/Her children to be happy in Heaven...

I gotta go.... *shiku* I left a food in the oven! ;_;
~Take care of yourself, I need you~

Shiro
Scribe
Scribe

•      
  •      

Postby Shiro » Sat Dec 01, 2007 2:01 pm

I want to be remembered as someone who worked hard and met their goals, and lived an honest life. (I'm hoping to go into law, so I must resist the temptation to overcharge clients... :twisted: ) I don't want to have this huge, enormous, televised funeral, but I want there to be people crying. There MUST be at least SOMEONE crying. BECAUSE then I'd know that I succeeded in life. These days, I feel sort of lost, and like I'm unnecessary. (Dammit, why am I becoming more and more like Shinji-kun??) If I succeed in making at least one person cry by dying, I know that I made an impact somewhere.

The Imperialist
Pilot
Pilot

•      
  •      

Postby The Imperialist » Sat Dec 01, 2007 5:31 pm

I have no fear of death. Death is just the part of the cycle of reincarnation. Another reason is that I believe that dying for the glory of my fatherland is honourable, and something I would not regret.
I feel old

BrikHaus
Dokutah Tenma
Dokutah Tenma

•      
  •      

Postby BrikHaus » Sat Dec 01, 2007 5:57 pm

Eva Yojimbo wrote:I want to become immortal and then die.

There can be only one!
Awesomely Shitty
-"That purace has more badassu maddafaakas zan supermax spaceland."
-On EMF, as a thread becomes longer, the likelihood that fem-Kaworu will be mentioned increases exponentially.
-the only English language novel actually being developed in parallel to its Japanese version involving a pan-human Soviet in a galactic struggle to survive and to export the communist utopia/revolution to all the down trodden alien class and race- one of the premise being that Khrushchev remains and has abandoned Lysenko stupidity

The Imperialist
Pilot
Pilot

•      
  •      

Postby The Imperialist » Sat Dec 01, 2007 6:02 pm

Isn’t immortal than dying a contradiction anyway?
I feel old

Tokpile Quohog
Marquis Tokpile de Boîtes

•      
  •      

Postby Tokpile Quohog » Sat Dec 01, 2007 8:03 pm

The Imperialist wrote:Isn’t immortal than dying a contradiction anyway?

Well its more of an irony than contradiction.
The way I view it is there are basically 2 types of immortality. Version one, you can't get killed no matter what, kinda like that one scene in Xmen when wolverine gets vaporized and then comes back to life because his skeleton was still intact (still had adamantium) or pretty much like a god where nothing in the real world has an effect on your survival. Version two, you don't age but are susceptible to things like getting shot or stabbed.

I think I'd be cool with version 2 of immortality sinces there is so many things in this world to experience and I can end my life when I get sick of it.
TheEvaMonkey: I HATE BEING A FAT CHICK

chee
EGF Hate Machine
EGF Hate Machine

•      
  •      

Postby chee » Sat Dec 01, 2007 9:45 pm

Tokpile Quohog wrote:I think I'd be cool with version 2 of immortality sinces there is so many things in this world to experience and I can end my life when I get sick of it.

Many of which would probably kill you.

The Imperialist
Pilot
Pilot

•      
  •      

Postby The Imperialist » Mon Dec 03, 2007 6:26 am

Oooh, massacre of immortals!
I feel old

Tokpile Quohog

•      
  •      

Postby Tokpile Quohog » Mon Dec 03, 2007 2:59 pm

chee wrote:Many of which would probably kill you.

lol's.

Also if you live forever you can do the thing Fry did in Futurama and be a trillionaire or something. =P
TheEvaMonkey: I HATE BEING A FAT CHICK

BobBQ
Dyskolos
Dyskolos

•      
  •      

Postby BobBQ » Mon Dec 03, 2007 4:35 pm

The Imperialist wrote:Oooh, massacre of immortals!

THIS—IS—

Actually, never mind.

Hunter21
Pilot
Pilot

•      
  •      

Postby Hunter21 » Mon Dec 03, 2007 5:21 pm

Ornette wrote:
bap_120790 wrote:Will your remembrance be accompanied by laughter, or sorrow, or silence, or each at different proportions?

Alcohol, lots of alcohol.

If you die before me I will be sure to toast you with one bourbon, one scotch, and one beer.

And yes I was listening to Thorogood on the way home from work.
EVANGERIONANIME is stupid

Come Join the Sakaki Fan Club!

Remember you're on Evageeks, where preset personal delusions outweigh reality.

Ornette
Administrator
Administrator

•      
  •      

Postby Ornette » Mon Dec 03, 2007 5:24 pm

Hunter21 wrote:
Ornette wrote:
bap_120790 wrote:Will your remembrance be accompanied by laughter, or sorrow, or silence, or each at different proportions?

Alcohol, lots of alcohol.

If you die before me I will be sure to toast you with one bourbon, one scotch, and one beer.

And yes I was listening to Thorogood on the way home from work.

I hope that doesn't happen anytime soon, but I thank you nonetheless.

Eva Yojimbo
Redbeard
Redbeard

•      
  •      

Postby Eva Yojimbo » Mon Dec 03, 2007 5:49 pm

@ SSD - I wish I could say I came up with it, but I like it so I stole it. :)

@ Brik - LOL! I used to love the Highlander movies and series as a kid!

@ Tokpile - It depends on what sense of the word you want to use. That's the beauty of the quote.
Cinelogue & Forced Perspective Cinema
^ Writing as Jonathan Henderson ^
We're all adrift on the stormy seas of Evangelion, desperately trying to gather what flotsam can be snatched from the gale into a somewhat seaworthy interpretation so that we can at last reach the shores of reason and respite. - ObsessiveMathsFreak
Jimbo has posted enough to be considered greater than or equal to everyone, and or synonymous with the concept of 'everyone'. - Muggy
I've seen so many changeful years, / to Earth I am a stranger grown: / I wander in the ways of men, / alike unknowing and unknown: / Unheard, unpitied, unrelieved, / I bear alone my load of care; / For silent, low, on beds of dust, / Lie all that would my sorrows share. - Robert Burns' Lament for James

The Imperialist
Pilot
Pilot

•      
  •      

Postby The Imperialist » Mon Dec 03, 2007 7:24 pm

Off topic people
I feel old

Return to “EvaGeeks News and Feedback”