EGF Con Panel get-together??

For discussion of and submissions for the EvaGeeks Wiki and Commentary. Open to all posters.

Moderators: UrsusArctos, Board Staff

Eva Yojimbo
Redbeard
Redbeard

•      
  •      

Postby Eva Yojimbo » Thu Nov 15, 2007 2:18 pm

Ya know, I'd really love to attend this, and be of whatever help I could (oh, and totally geek out in the process too, of course). I have no clue though what I'll be doing by that time. I will say though that if there's any way possible I will try to attend.

V, I love your dedication and conviction in making Evageeks the be-all, end-all for Eva knowledge. I'm with you there. Hopefully, after this audio commentary thing is finished I can find the motivation to do some heavy work on the wiki. Especially starting up, cleaning up, and smoothening out of many of the T&A pages which I am determined is going to be my area. Perhaps even the audio commentary can become a staple of this site (that would be nice).
Cinelogue & Forced Perspective Cinema
^ Writing as Jonathan Henderson ^
We're all adrift on the stormy seas of Evangelion, desperately trying to gather what flotsam can be snatched from the gale into a somewhat seaworthy interpretation so that we can at last reach the shores of reason and respite. - ObsessiveMathsFreak
Jimbo has posted enough to be considered greater than or equal to everyone, and or synonymous with the concept of 'everyone'. - Muggy
I've seen so many changeful years, / to Earth I am a stranger grown: / I wander in the ways of men, / alike unknowing and unknown: / Unheard, unpitied, unrelieved, / I bear alone my load of care; / For silent, low, on beds of dust, / Lie all that would my sorrows share. - Robert Burns' Lament for James

V
Banned

•      
  •      

Postby V » Thu Nov 15, 2007 5:45 pm

I should have things in fine by roughly December 7th. I may be a cruel man, but I am a fair one.

@Sailor Stardust: just intro bio or? I was in genetics.

****What are the chances that we can get the DVD from Japan (which I think is released in February) in time to show at I-CON in March? I'd like it to be shown around by us at as many cons as possible.
Who is "Codename V"?....
I'm pleased to meet you and I hope you guessed my name, but what's puzzling you, is the nature of my game...so catch me if you can!! (0:50)
"Superior ability breeds superior ambition" -- Spock, Star Trek TOS episode 1.24 "Space Seed"
You say you say you want a REvolution?...
-->It was only after I lost everything, that I realized: I was free to do anything...

Sailor Star Dust
Kept you waiting, huh?
Kept you waiting, huh?

•      
  •      

Postby Sailor Star Dust » Thu Nov 15, 2007 6:01 pm

@V: I believe it is just intro to Bio. I'll keep ya posted via PMs when I find out more.

@Eva Yojimbo: Try to attend! You know you want to! :wink:
~Take care of yourself, I need you~

Sailor Star Dust
Kept you waiting, huh?
Kept you waiting, huh?

•      
  •      

Postby Sailor Star Dust » Mon Nov 26, 2007 7:19 pm

Question: Is there anyway this Con get together could happen somewhere more....North of Baltimore? ^^; Like, say NY or NJ or PA?

I get the feeling a 6 hour give or take car trip would be out of the question, considering I might have some Transferring to University stuff to do in Cali around that time. >_< (Son of a....) Plus while my mom actually seemed okay with the idea when I mentioned if we could go there when/if I'd visit this coming Summer, either her having to go to work or just getting there period could be a problem. ;_;

*shiku shiku shiku*

BobBQ
Dyskolos
Dyskolos

•      
  •      

Postby BobBQ » Mon Nov 26, 2007 8:45 pm

Sailor Star Dust wrote:Like, say NY or NJ or PA?

Reichu's in Jersey and we might be passing through NYC on the way to Baltimore. You might possibly be able to hitch a ride.

V
Banned

•      
  •      

Postby V » Mon Nov 26, 2007 9:37 pm

Sailor Star Dust wrote:Question: Is there anyway this Con get together could happen somewhere more....North of Baltimore? ^^; Like, say NY or NJ or PA?

I get the feeling a 6 hour give or take car trip would be out of the question, considering I might have some Transferring to University stuff to do in Cali around that time. >_< (Son of a....) Plus while my mom actually seemed okay with the idea when I mentioned if we could go there when/if I'd visit this coming Summer, either her having to go to work or just getting there period could be a problem. ;_;

*shiku shiku shiku*

What about I-CON? It's not as big, but it's on Long Island. Of course, I-CON is during spring break.
Who is "Codename V"?....
I'm pleased to meet you and I hope you guessed my name, but what's puzzling you, is the nature of my game...so catch me if you can!! (0:50)
"Superior ability breeds superior ambition" -- Spock, Star Trek TOS episode 1.24 "Space Seed"
-->It was only after I lost everything, that I realized: I was free to do anything...

Sailor Star Dust
Kept you waiting, huh?
Kept you waiting, huh?

•      
  •      

Postby Sailor Star Dust » Mon Nov 26, 2007 9:44 pm

*sobs even louder*

Curse you, fate! >_<

V
Banned

•      
  •      

Postby V » Tue Nov 27, 2007 12:31 am

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/New_York_Comic-Con

The New York City Comic-Con, held in April?!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Anime_Boston#Anime_Boston_2008

AnimeBoston, held March 21-23?!
Who is "Codename V"?....

Sailor Star Dust
Kept you waiting, huh?
Kept you waiting, huh?

•      
  •      

Postby Sailor Star Dust » Tue Nov 27, 2007 1:38 pm

The main problem with those dates is College doesn't end until June, plus there's graduation... Meh. I'll figure something out about University, maybe I wouldn't have to be around after all... The only problem is Fall 08 classes apparently begin on 8/25.

Either way, it's a ways off, I'll ponder about this during my Winter Break. (And there's possibly always the Summer of 09, I hope.)

Sailor Star Dust
Kept you waiting, huh?
Kept you waiting, huh?

•      
  •      

Postby Sailor Star Dust » Tue Nov 27, 2007 6:11 pm

UPDATE: My Pipedream of making it to Otakon has been bent and crushed. ^^; Hope y'all have fun though.

Basically, moneywise and timewise things wouldn't work out.

...At least there's always Fanime (which is RIGHT in the area), provided College isn't too hectic. ^_^

(I'm just hoping Redeath: Redux AND Webuild 1.0 will play there... *crosses fingers* )

BobBQ
Dyskolos
Dyskolos

•      
  •      

Postby BobBQ » Tue Nov 27, 2007 9:56 pm

Sailor Star Dust wrote:UPDATE: My Pipedream of making it to Otakon has been bent and crushed.

This is more than any one can bear... but we shall persevere!

Sailor Star Dust
Kept you waiting, huh?
Kept you waiting, huh?

•      
  •      

Postby Sailor Star Dust » Thu Nov 29, 2007 7:53 pm

Be sure to fill me in on the juicy details of just how kickass Rebuild is and I'll be happy. ^_^ (Are the series/EoE eyecatches and To be Continued screens used, DOES Kaworu-kun really look like ver Fem counterpart, is Shinji still like his good ol' anime self as I think, does he consider ending it all (you'll know the scene when you see it), etc...)

Return to “Wiki Editing and Discussion”