We need to send a guy to Japan.....

Discussion of the new series of Evangelion movies ( "Evangelion Shin Gekijōban", meaning "Evangelion: New Theatrical Edition"). The final instalment made its debut in Japan on March 8, 2021.

Moderators: Rebuild/OT Moderators, Board Staff

Forum rules
By visiting this forum, you agree to read the rules for discussion.
Sailor Star Dust
Kept you waiting, huh?
Kept you waiting, huh?

•      
  •      

Postby Sailor Star Dust » Tue Nov 06, 2007 3:44 pm

I hope that with the fansub--if it's subbed by several groups, that is--A2000 or whatever they'e called (don't have time to check) will do it. Their subs seem pretty accurate, plus thier the group that fansubbed the TV Series and EoE. ^_^

I might buy the R2 DVD, but with how expensive Import DVDs are, I dunno.... :(

Anyway.
~Take care of yourself, I need you~

Wevangeliwon
Tunniel
Tunniel

•      
  •      

Postby Wevangeliwon » Tue Nov 06, 2007 4:19 pm

I know how incredibly expensive the DVD will probably be, but I will be importing. I don't care how much it is . . . okay, if it is above $150, I am not paying that much for a story I already have. I doubt it would be that much though, but it will be some ridiculous price to be sure.

The Imperialist
Pilot
Pilot

•      
  •      

Postby The Imperialist » Tue Nov 06, 2007 4:35 pm

Fufufufu. You want to import DVDs? No problem. I go back to Japan annually. Just a bit of cash would do the trick. And don’t try bringing in video cameras. The cinemas, (kind of a secret) but has some searches to see if anyone has video cameras, and the more ‘modern’ cinemas have some fancy equipment to detect electrical activity in the audience so I advice against it.
I feel old

cat42
Tokyo-3 Resident
Tokyo-3 Resident

•      
  •      

Postby cat42 » Tue Nov 06, 2007 10:24 pm

In some cinemas in America, at least at one point, they were using night vision goggles to make sure people weren't pirating the movies.
I think they were Disney flicks...
"...I follow you both online and offline, and I am a 4-dimensional manifestation of absolute evil..." - Reichu-tachi
"In all cases, eventually it becomes necessary to decide to 'deliberately betray the fans.'" - Yoji Enokido
I believe in the director of Eva 1.11.

THE Hal E. Burton 9000
Elder God
Elder God

•      
  •      

Postby THE Hal E. Burton 9000 » Tue Nov 06, 2007 11:50 pm

cat42 wrote:In some cinemas in America, at least at one point, they were using night vision goggles to make sure people weren't pirating the movies.
I think they were Disney flicks...
I think the one you are referring was for the Pirates of the Carribean flick in particular
- TEH Fabulous Hal E. Burton 9000

P.S. For those wanting to discuss a matter with yours truly not pertaining to the general topic at hand, PM me. Please and thank you.

AchtungAffen
Banned

•      
  •      

Postby AchtungAffen » Wed Nov 07, 2007 7:38 am

As for fansubbing purposes, there are already Japanese script transcriptions on the internets... but most lines are from the old Eva...
"Oh, Constantine! To how many evils origin was given, not by your conversion to Christianity, but by the dowry which from you received the first Pope that was rich!" - Dante
How can you expect to live in a Republic when you don't care about the res-publica?
"The gun, in all its forms, was the epochal tool of white male supremacy, which is why it continues to have irrational appeal. As much as the jack-booted hate Jews and blacks, that much they love their guns." - James Carrol
My List @ AniDB

- Original activist against the lockers-that-be -

Return to “Rebuild of Evangelion Discussion”