Maya's Emotions

Notable old Evangelion threads from the AnimeNation Forums are preserved here.

Moderators: Monk Ed, Ornette

Reichu [ANF]
Angel
Angel

•      
  •      

Postby Reichu [ANF] » Thu Nov 01, 2007 3:01 pm

MagicianCamille wrote:You really don't have room to talk, Rach. Image

Well, it's impossible for me to not procrastinate on something at any given time, since I have at least 500 different NGE-geek things I need to accomplish eventually, and in order to work on one I have to put off the other 499. It's a dilemma of Shekinah-sized proportions!

Plus, in order to actually get away from the computer and do things like eat, engage in personal hygiene, veg on the couch, possibly get out of the house altogether, etc., it means I have to put off all 500 of them at once! Image O, woe!

And... alright. Sometimes I really do just procrastinate. "Nigecha dame da! Nigecha dame da! Nigecha dame da!"

Originally posted on: 01-Apr-2006, 01:25 GMT

millinniummany3 [ANF]
Gaghiel
Gaghiel

•      
  •      

Postby millinniummany3 [ANF] » Thu Nov 01, 2007 3:01 pm

BigBet wrote:Has anyone ever found a decent reason for why Aoba sees so many Rei-tachi and why he cowers in a corner from them? Methinks this scene is as strange as the Maya-Ritsuko scene, yet its the latter that has spawned the most fanfiction (Not that I'm complaining Image)

I read on an Eva FAQ that it was because he knew what was happening, and wanted to reject Instrumentality but couldn't.

The whole Maya deal, we never see any feelings she might have towards Ritsuko until EoE, and that is going past her final scene. Many of her scenes has her mention or think about Ritsuko, where as in the series she is far more indiffirent about her. She doesn't leap to her defence when Misato slaps her, or pass any comment after Ritsuko is arrested. She ignores the former, and there is nothing about Maya and Ritsuko's arrest, her destroying the Rei clones, the relationship with Gendou, things she likely had some knowledge of (to be fair, not the Gendou relationship). The cat pillow proves nothing, I have cat plates and mugs, and I really do hate Ritsuko. I do have one theory why Maya was made a lesbian and wanting Ritsuko: the other characters had problems and issues one way or another. Shinji's a wuss, a crybaby, a sneak, Rei is a goth who seeks death and causes the end of the world, Asuka is a bitch who hates fan favourite Rei, Misato is a pedo who's in it for revenge, Ritsuko is a cold hearted psychotic, ect, ect. Since Maya was not really tainted EoE was a way to muddy her a little. She goes from recovering from the horror of activating the Dummy System in time to tell off Shinji that it had to be done to save him, to making her too much of a pacifist to shoot, to being a lesbian with Ritsuko.

Originally posted on: 01-Apr-2006, 11:16 GMT

BigBet [ANF]
Adam

•      
  •      

Postby BigBet [ANF] » Thu Nov 01, 2007 3:01 pm

Its a shame really... some Maya - Ritsuko chemistry in the series would have been nice....

Here's one my fave Maya pics:

Can I have the larger version of your avatar please?

Speaking of Maya-Ritsuko chemistry, have you ever read this fanfic:
Maya Snaps
(A word of warning, the above work of fiction contains h0t and heavy SecX between female characters, do not click on the above link if such material offends you or you are over 18 years of age)

Originally posted on: 01-Apr-2006, 11:47 GMT

millinniummany3 [ANF]
Gaghiel
Gaghiel

•      
  •      

BigBet wrote:Its a shame really... some Maya - Ritsuko chemistry in the series would have been nice....

I'm not sure how nice it would be, but certainly if this was planned, and not just an off the cuff moment to make her have some major faults like everyone else, then some type of subtle hint would have been great.

BigBet wrote:Can I have the larger version of your avatar please?

Uh, sure, um, just as soon as I can remember where it is.

Since you're a Maya fan, here's some of my fave Maya images.

BigBet wrote:Speaking of Maya-Ritsuko chemistry, have you ever read this fanfic:
Maya Snaps

No I haven't. I've been a fan of fics like Should a Chance be Taken and What Every Girl Wants. I'll certainly have a look at that. And don't worry about the adult material, I'm a big fan of Suite for my Sweet. Image

Originally posted on: 01-Apr-2006, 12:18 GMT

LuigiHann [ANF]
Lilith

•      
  •      

Postby LuigiHann [ANF] » Thu Nov 01, 2007 3:01 pm

millinniummany3 wrote:I'm not sure how nice it would be, but certainly if this was planned, and not just an off the cuff moment to make her have some major faults like everyone else, then some type of subtle hint would have been great.

There's no real hint about her being attracted to Ritsuko, per se, but...
In most of the scenes on the bridge,
Misato is paired with Hyuga
Whereas Ritsuko is paired with Maya.
(pics taken from the commentary)
Many of the shots are framed around those pairings, and if somebody is going to be putting a hand on someone's shoulder, or whispering into someone's ear, it's usually done in those pairs. We are given more obvious hints at Misato and Hyuga's connection, so the parallelism could conceivably be used to infer some such connection between Maya and Ritsuko.
Also, not only is Aoba linked with nobody, it looks almost like no shots at all focus on him within the first four episodes. Poor guy.

Originally posted on: 01-Apr-2006, 17:17 GMT

Reichu [ANF]
Angel
Angel

•      
  •      

Interesting. (Good thing Kozo never puts his hand on Gendo's shoulder, eh? Image )

I wouldn't be surprised if subtle "forewarnings" of Maya's romantic attraction to Ritsuko turned up at some point. There is a lot of stuff in the show that they like to be impish about, after all.

Originally posted on: 02-Apr-2006, 08:09 GMT

millinniummany3 [ANF]
Gaghiel
Gaghiel

•      
  •      

Certainly interesting, but if we are meant to base this as a subtle hint to a Maya\Ritsuko romance, there is more than enough evidence for others as well.

'ZOMFGWTF GENDOU AND KOUZOU ARE ALWAYS TOGETHER THEY MUST HAVE MAD SEX0RS LOLZ!!!!1111 OMG, OMG, Asuka AND HIKARI ARE LEZZIES, IT WAS PROVEN IN EPISODE 23!!! OH ****, OH **** TOUJI AND KENSUKE ARE FRIENDS, TOUJI ISN'T WITH HIKARI HE MUST LIKE IT IN KENSUKE'S ***!!! Rei TALKS TO TOUJI, SHE MUST WANT HIM MORE THAN Shinji!!!'

Not that this is an invitation for the next rework of Eva to include scenes of Maya acting like Smithers, but going by that evidence we would need to look at the other possible relationships in the same light as well.

Originally posted on: 02-Apr-2006, 08:51 GMT

Reichu [ANF]
Angel
Angel

•      
  •      

I, uh, don't think LuigiHann was putting the visual parallel forward as crushing evidence in and of itself. It's a visual parallel nonetheless. You know -- bridge bunny + their superior officer with hand on vis shoulder.

Originally posted on: 01-Apr-2006, 21:04 GMT

millinniummany3 [ANF]
Gaghiel
Gaghiel

•      
  •      

I know. It was a good point to bring up though, how they had Misato and Makoto, Ritsuko and Maya, and Hyuga and sweet bugger all. It's just that if that was the hint for a Maya\Ritsuko pairing, then the less subtle ones (in all seriousness, Asuka\Hikari and Shinji\Kaworui) are either not proven or disproven (I don't think there was anything to push the former, and it was Touji\Hikari for the latter).

Originally posted on: 01-Apr-2006, 21:10 GMT

BigBet [ANF]
Adam

•      
  •      

Postby BigBet [ANF] » Thu Nov 01, 2007 3:01 pm

millinniummany3 wrote:I've been a fan of fics like Should a Chance be Taken and What Every Girl Wants.

Good ones.... I would have mentioned those two, except I wanted to mention a fanfic containing a Maya - Ritsuko relationship, as per the thread topic Image

Since I am The Fanfic UberPimp (didn't you know?), here's another great Maya fic (although its mostly a Hikari fic) : Under the mistletoe by Random1377

Originally posted on: 01-Apr-2006, 21:59 GMT

Mr. Tines [ANF]
Bardiel
Bardiel

•      
  •      

Postby Mr. Tines [ANF] » Thu Nov 01, 2007 3:02 pm

If we've decended to fanfics...

I've always liked the alternate ep#15 in "A little different" on the shoujoai site, in which Asuka bumps into Maya before she decides to return to Misato's apartment, enough that I riffed on it in my own major fic.

Originally posted on: 01-Apr-2006, 22:18 GMT

BigBet [ANF]
Adam

•      
  •      

Postby BigBet [ANF] » Thu Nov 01, 2007 3:02 pm

Just read it. Short and sweet. Two thumbs up! Image
I take your Asuka x Maya, and raise you a Rei x Maya :
The Coming of the Icequeen

Originally posted on: 01-Apr-2006, 22:56 GMT

millinniummany3 [ANF]
Gaghiel
Gaghiel

•      
  •      

Postby millinniummany3 [ANF] » Thu Nov 01, 2007 3:02 pm

Rei\Maya? Duuuuuude...also be sure to check out The White Day Bandit. There's also a hint of Rei\Maya in The Mighty Reiko Chan as well if it interests you at all.

Originally posted on: 01-Apr-2006, 23:36 GMT

Z Metalla [ANF]
Lilith

•      
  •      

Postby Z Metalla [ANF] » Thu Nov 01, 2007 3:02 pm

What's really crazy is that just yesterday, my mind came back to Maya Snaps, because of this topic. And now, today, it's linked to. Image Scary!

Originally posted on: 02-Apr-2006, 01:12 GMT

BigBet [ANF]
Adam

•      
  •      

Postby BigBet [ANF] » Thu Nov 01, 2007 3:02 pm

C'mon... you know this thread was just begging for it to be linked to here.
And... scary? Disturbing, maybe, but the WAFF at the end totally makes up for it, IMO

Originally posted on: 02-Apr-2006, 20:11 GMT

Z Metalla [ANF]
Lilith

•      
  •      

Postby Z Metalla [ANF] » Thu Nov 01, 2007 3:02 pm

I mean the enormous coincidence is scary, BB. Image

In truth, I rather enjoyed that story. Image

Originally posted on: 02-Apr-2006, 20:23 GMT

Treize X [ANF]
Clockiel
Clockiel

•      
  •      

Postby Treize X [ANF] » Thu Nov 01, 2007 3:02 pm

This thread has now earned my seal of approval. Because, y'know, we all know she's a lesbian, so why not post fanfics? Image

Originally posted on: 02-Apr-2006, 15:51 GMT

Gboz [ANF]
Embryo

•      
  •      

Postby Gboz [ANF] » Thu Nov 01, 2007 3:02 pm

millinniummany3 wrote:Certainly interesting, but if we are meant to base this as a subtle hint to a Maya\Ritsuko romance, there is more than enough evidence for others as well.

'ZOMFGWTF GENDOU AND KOUZOU ARE ALWAYS TOGETHER THEY MUST HAVE MAD SEX0RS LOLZ!!!!1111 OMG, OMG, Asuka AND HIKARI ARE LEZZIES, IT WAS PROVEN IN EPISODE 23!!! OH ****, OH **** TOUJI AND KENSUKE ARE FRIENDS, TOUJI ISN'T WITH HIKARI HE MUST LIKE IT IN KENSUKE'S ***!!! Rei TALKS TO TOUJI, SHE MUST WANT HIM MORE THAN Shinji!!!'

Not that this is an invitation for the next rework of Eva to include scenes of Maya acting like Smithers, but going by that evidence we would need to look at the other possible relationships in the same light as well.

I agree with you 100%.

Originally posted on: 02-Apr-2006, 22:36 GMT

LuigiHann [ANF]
Lilith

•      
  •      

Postby LuigiHann [ANF] » Thu Nov 01, 2007 3:02 pm

Yeah, I don't think it was really a hint at her sexuality, I just think it's interesting that the pairings are there from so early on.

Originally posted on: 02-Apr-2006, 23:13 GMT

millinniummany3 [ANF]
Gaghiel
Gaghiel

•      
  •      

Postby millinniummany3 [ANF] » Thu Nov 01, 2007 3:02 pm

Yeah, it was a good thing to point out. Maybe not sexual or romantic pairings, but certainly pairings, as there as similar ones for Gendou\Kouzou, Touji\Kensuke, ect.

Originally posted on: 04-Apr-2006, 02:46 GMT

Return to “AnimeNation Archive”