Fanfic proposals

Everything Evangelion Fanfiction related.

Moderators: Derantor, Board Staff

UrsusArctos
The Beginning and The End

•      
  •      

Postby UrsusArctos » Sun Oct 14, 2007 7:29 am

Not to steal the thunder from your writing or Sumisu's expertise, I've got a rough idea of how my fanfic would go about...sorry about placing it in this thread so soon after your masterpiece, I guess I'll place it in a thread of its own when it merits one.

---Battle with Gaghiel---
"What the hell do you mean by that?" Misato roared, her face flushed red.
Kaji smiled. "Well, she hasn't changed."
Scharnhorst opened the door rather abruptly, and blinked in confusion at what he saw. Kensuke, Toji and Asuka, suddenly embarassed, dropped their exaggerated gestures of absolute disgust. Misato took a deep breath and leaned back, while Kaji said, "Ah, Scharhorst-san, you look a little troubled. Why don't you relax?"

"I would if I could." Scharnhorst was flushed with mixed rage and embarassment. He had completely forgotten that others would be in the room when he barged in. Taking a seat, he continued, "As if it weren't at the height of incompetence for the Admiral to hold the carriers in such a ridiculously tight formation. Anyway, I've gotten them to move the barge nearer. They'll be connecting Eva-02 to the reactor in another ten minutes."

"Why is that? We don't need to fight unless we're near Tokyo-3, do we?" Shinji asked.
"Hopefully not." Scharnhorst said. "But the whole purpose of the fleet would be lost if an Angel came in from an unexpected direction and attacked the Eva. Kaji's 'cat food' might float away, but not a full Eva."

Misato cocked an eyebrow at Kaji. "Cat food?"
"Yes, yes, a present for Rits-chan when we get to see her."
"Cat food in a biomaterials container. That's something I never heard of in Germany."
Kaji shrugged.
Scharnhorst took a good look around the faces at the table. Misato Katsuragi, whom he hadn't seen in a while. Third Children, Shinji Ikari, quiet and polite- the last kind of child one would be expecting to pilot an Evangelion. Toji Suzuhara and Kensuke Aida, classmates of Shinji and potential Evangelion pilots themselves. Last but hardly the least, First Children Rei Ayanami, sitting in her schoolgirl uniform with a strangely unexpressive look on her pale face. If the blue hair and red eyes were any indication, there was something very suspicious about this girl.

It wasn't long before the alarms went off.
On the bridge, Scharnhorst watched as an Oliver Hazard Perry class frigate broke in two and sank, struck from the bottom by something vaguely reminiscient of a giant shark.
"An Angel." Scharnhorst muttered.

(At Eva-02)
"The umbilical cable has been connected and diagnostics have been performed." The technician said.
Katsuragi said, "Shinji and Asuka will get into the entry plug of the Eva."
"Wha...why?"
"Come along, and don't complain!" Asuka was already in her plug suit, and she tossed her spare over to Shinji.
"But...this is... a girl's...!"
(Laughter from Toji and Kensuke, Rei is unexpressive. Scharnhorst objects, insisting on sending Shinji over to Tokyo-3 and preparing Eva-01 for marine combat, but more ships are damaged or sunk)
"Rei and Asuka in the entry plug, and Shinji to the Kuznetsov. Prepare a Sukhoi below decks for emergency transport of the Third Children."
(The battle takes place with Asuka taunting Gaghiel and the Angel knocking them overboard, as usual. Shinji is delayed by the lack of an available flightsuit until they find one they can tighten enough to fit him. Kensuke admires Shinji's flightsuit for one second before Scharnhorst and Shinji take off on separate Su-33s that were below deck and spared the wreckage up top. Shortly after the two of them depart, Gaghiel is finished in the usual manner)

Israfel's attack- just the same, except that one would expect Shinji and Asuka to have some more of a problem with each other. Asuka tells Reinhart about Rei's wierdness, and Reinhart finds Rei's loneliness disturbing. He talks to Rei about being with Asuka, and she tells him that she would do whatever she's ordered to. Calculating the implications of her words, he fears the worst. Gendo is not pleased with him living close to Rei, but he nevertheless expects Rei to keep her loyalty to him.

Sandy and Matariel- no change at all. Rei and Reinhart get to live together. While Rei is very polite, the sheer roboticness of her nature is disturbing (And yes, like Sumisu, Reinhart does treat Rei like a person and actually tries to help her enjoy life) A throwaway comment on making other people happy being something he could only hope to do hints at RS's own inner difficulties.

Sahaquiel- No change. Scharnhorst discovers the hideous Reiquarium and is not impressed. Although he does have a critical opinion of Nerv's operations, he decides not to tell Seele the truth about Rei.

Ireul- Scharnhorst incriminates Nerv on the basis of the Ireul attack, causing tensions to break out.
Leliel-RS warns them not to bring out the Evas at once and try luring the Angel some other way, but he's ignored and Eva-01 risks being lost. He supersedes Misato as a result of this incident. Gendo, once again, is displeased.
Bardiel- RS does affect a rescue of Toji from the entry plug and the Bardiel infection is cleared out (Although not at the cost of losing the Eva entirely), but the Eva is konked out for a while.
Zeruel- Eva-00 is lost to this wrecker's optical blasts, but it lands up in unifying the halves of Rei's soul. Eva-01 and 02 suffer a lot of stab wounds, but are still in fighting condition by the time Rei floats up and uses her ATF voodoo to strike him down. RS is horrendously exposed as having withheld information from Seele, but squirms out by saying he believed Rei had the soul of Yui Ikari. Nevertheless, high suspicions abound.
Arael- Rei and Toji pilot Eva-03 together to throw the Spear and save Asuka and Shinji from Arael. (Waiting to see what Sumisu does, though...)
Armisael- No Rei sacrifice this time, but Shinji and Asuka are taken for mind trips. Toji ejects the entry plug and is saved by Rei's ATF as Eva-03 blows up killing Armisael.
Tabris-Ah, Kaworu-kun...Shinji alone goes out to fight two hijacked Evas and wins with help from Rei. RS confesses that he knew who Kaworu was all along but kept his mouth shut, and is responsible for what happened.
EoE- Instrumentality is a lot more 'selective' this time around...
(Was Board Staff from Dec 31, 2007 - Oct 17, 2015 and Oct 20, 2020 - Aug 1, 2021)
Not knowing that Monk is bi is like not knowing the Pope is Catholic - ZapX
You're either really bad at interpreting jokes or really good at pretending you are and I have no idea which.-Monk Ed
WAAAAAAAAGH!!!!!(<-link to lunacy)...Taste me, if you can bear it. (Warning: Language NSFW)
The main point of idiocy is for the smart to have their lulz. Without human idiocy, trolling would not exist, and that's uncool, since a large part of my entertainment consists of mocking the absurdity and dumbassery of the world, especially the Internet.-MaggotMaster

Tabasco
Sachiel
Sachiel

•      
  •      

Postby Tabasco » Sun Oct 14, 2007 10:51 am

I don't want to be a bastard about this, and maybe I'm stepping over a line, but it occurs to me that just maybe outlines of fics other than TTo404 ought to go in their own thread.

Anyway, I like Waller's line, and the new arrivals promise to be interesting. Worth the wait.

Edit: Ask and ye shall receive. :)
Last edited by Tabasco on Sun Oct 14, 2007 8:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
---
The reasonable man adapts himself to the world; the unreasonable one insists on adapting the world to himself. Therefore, all progress depends on the unreasonable man.
- George Bernard Shaw

UrsusArctos

•      
  •      

Postby UrsusArctos » Sun Oct 14, 2007 11:17 am

I don't deny you're right, really. It should go in its own thread, but I'm divided on whether or not that should happen right now. As a matter of fact, I may not write that fanfic at all, seeing just how much work BobBQ put into his. I doubt I'd be able to carry through to his level.

EDIT: Ah, a split. So I should have placed in a seperate thread of its own. Fanfic proposals? I should've thought of calling it that!
Last edited by UrsusArctos on Sun Oct 14, 2007 11:50 am, edited 1 time in total.
(Was Board Staff from Dec 31, 2007 - Oct 17, 2015 and Oct 20, 2020 - Aug 1, 2021)
Not knowing that Monk is bi is like not knowing the Pope is Catholic - ZapX
You're either really bad at interpreting jokes or really good at pretending you are and I have no idea which.-Monk Ed
WAAAAAAAAGH!!!!!(<-link to lunacy)...Taste me, if you can bear it. (Warning: Language NSFW)
The main point of idiocy is for the smart to have their lulz. Without human idiocy, trolling would not exist, and that's uncool, since a large part of my entertainment consists of mocking the absurdity and dumbassery of the world, especially the Internet.-MaggotMaster

BobBQ
Dyskolos
Dyskolos

•      
  •      

Postby BobBQ » Sun Oct 14, 2007 11:50 am

I say develop it a little more, then try it and see where it goes. It might be awesome.

UrsusArctos wrote:I doubt I'd be able to carry through to his level.

Also remember that when I started TToR404, I didn't think I'd get further than four chapters. That was one hell of a misjudgment on my part.

chee
EGF Hate Machine
EGF Hate Machine

•      
  •      

Postby chee » Sun Oct 14, 2007 3:15 pm

IF I were to write a NGE fanfic, I would probably take a more postmodern viewpoint, as opposed to the existentialism of the series.

iloveallecchianime
Embryo

yes

•      
  •      

Postby iloveallecchianime » Tue Oct 30, 2007 2:00 am

I have a fan fic I shall be posting
Your kingdom may be great, BUT I HAVE ALL YOUR ANIME!!!

Reichu
Admin Emeritus
Admin Emeritus

•      
  •      

Postby Reichu » Tue Oct 30, 2007 11:23 pm

I plan on gracing the fanfic world with the tale of Misato's science-geek father one day. (It's much more manageable than Beyond Eden's Shores, for certain.)
さらば、全てのEvaGeeks。
「滅びの運命は新生の喜びでもある」
Departure Message | The Arqa Apocrypha: An Evangelion Analysis Blog

THE Hal E. Burton 9000
Elder God
Elder God

•      
  •      

Postby THE Hal E. Burton 9000 » Wed Oct 31, 2007 9:07 am

Good, clean, sweet-sweet Reichu wrote:I plan on gracing the fanfic world with the tale of Misato's science-geek father one day. (It's much more manageable than Beyond Eden's Shores, for certain.)
Hmm, good to know.
- TEH Fabulous Hal E. Burton 9000

P.S. For those wanting to discuss a matter with yours truly not pertaining to the general topic at hand, PM me. Please and thank you.

Return to “Fanfiction”