name change?

Important site and forum news, announcements, and feedback goes here.

Moderator: Board Staff

the_seventh_child
radio gaga
radio gaga

name change?

•      
  •      

Postby the_seventh_child » Sun Nov 21, 2004 9:54 am

i was wondering can you change your name somehow?i don't mean i wanna change my nickname i just wanna know..
and the color of the board will remain the same,grey?won't it change?
-sorry if this have been posted before-
Anime and manga unite us all. Much better than the Olympics. - Carl Horn |11.30.2004.
"As of this moment, we are changing from soldiers to pirates!" - Captain Jeffrey Wilder (Macross Frontier #22)

Hexon.Arq
Pilot
Pilot

•      
  •      

Postby Hexon.Arq » Sun Nov 21, 2004 12:45 pm

If someone likes you, you'll be able to change your name. That's all there is to it.

I don't think Monkey will have the kind of time to completely redo the forum anytime soon, but (and this has absolutely nothing to do with the topic, despite being brought up in the first post) a less ostentacious heading might be nice if and when he does. I mean, I like Rei and all, but...

_you can't do anything, so don't even try
_get some help
_don't do what sonic does

The Eva Monkey
IT'S OVER 9000!!!
IT'S OVER 9000!!!

•      
  •      

Postby The Eva Monkey » Sun Nov 21, 2004 1:48 pm

Name changes will be a case by case basis. Someone with 5 posts that wants to change their name will have to stick with what they have. Someone who posts often will be allowed to change their name, however they better be sure the name they want is what they'll stick with for some time. I'm not going to change people's usernames ever so often.

Its really no work on my part, its just that I'd like to keep stuff comprehensible. If I were to change my user name, all the times people quoted me or referred to me by "The Eva Monkey" would be quoting someone who does not exist. Older users wouldn't be confused, obviously, but new ones might.

the_seventh_child
radio gaga
radio gaga

•      
  •      

Postby the_seventh_child » Sun Nov 21, 2004 2:21 pm

yeah i understand..and i don't find changing names suitable for the reason you stated EM and because is a little dumb since you be given time to pick a name before registering to change it again and it's inconvenient too..

i was just curious..but about the color?i guess you won't change it right?
Anime and manga unite us all. Much better than the Olympics. - Carl Horn |11.30.2004.
"As of this moment, we are changing from soldiers to pirates!" - Captain Jeffrey Wilder (Macross Frontier #22)

Timesplitter 01
Nerv Scientist
Nerv Scientist

•      
  •      

Postby Timesplitter 01 » Sun Nov 21, 2004 7:35 pm

I like the colour of the forums

Why change it , when you got a good thing going.
I have too much anime, yet it's not enough. Anime Addict, if it were a drug; I'd be dead.

the_seventh_child
radio gaga
radio gaga

•      
  •      

Postby the_seventh_child » Mon Nov 22, 2004 7:52 am

Timesplitter 01 wrote:I like the colour of the forums

Why change it , when you got a good thing going.

the color it's pretty good..but i believe that it would be better if it was a little more darker..
well that's my opinion of course..it doesn't mean something important..i just wanted to suggested it..

The Eva Monkey
IT'S OVER 9000!!!
IT'S OVER 9000!!!

•      
  •      

Postby The Eva Monkey » Mon Nov 22, 2004 12:10 pm

Something I would like to do if time permits is more than one forum skin. The phpbb system allows for admin to create multiple skins, from which the user can choose. The problem is that you actually have to make them yourself. Its not that tough, although it can be time consuming.

I would like to make other forum skins if time permits.

the_seventh_child
radio gaga
radio gaga

•      
  •      

Postby the_seventh_child » Mon Nov 22, 2004 12:30 pm

The Eva Monkey wrote:Something I would like to do if time permits is more than one forum skin. The phpbb system allows for admin to create multiple skins, from which the user can choose. The problem is that you actually have to make them yourself. Its not that tough, although it can be time consuming.

really?well it would be really cool if you had the time to do it..

Hexon.Arq
Pilot
Pilot

•      
  •      

Postby Hexon.Arq » Mon Nov 22, 2004 5:55 pm

Something I would like to do if time permits is more than one forum skin. The phpbb system allows for admin to create multiple skins, from which the user can choose. The problem is that you actually have to make them yourself. Its not that tough, although it can be time consuming.

That sounds a lot like the setup over at evafics.org. Is that what you mean?

_get some help

The Eva Monkey
IT'S OVER 9000!!!
IT'S OVER 9000!!!

•      
  •      

Postby The Eva Monkey » Mon Nov 22, 2004 6:59 pm

Hexon.Arq wrote:That sounds a lot like the setup over at evafics.org. Is that what you mean?

Precisely. I've always loved that feature of EvaFics.

Timesplitter 01
Nerv Scientist
Nerv Scientist

•      
  •      

Postby Timesplitter 01 » Mon Nov 22, 2004 7:24 pm

The Eva Monkey wrote:Something I would like to do if time permits is more than one forum skin. The phpbb system allows for admin to create multiple skins, from which the user can choose. The problem is that you actually have to make them yourself. Its not that tough, although it can be time consuming.

Thats fine, many sites have that feature now
I have too much anime, yet it's not enough. Anime Addict, if it were a drug; I'd be dead.

the_seventh_child
radio gaga
radio gaga

•      
  •      

Postby the_seventh_child » Tue Nov 23, 2004 8:44 am

so EM you think that this idea with the multiple skins will be done sometime?

Hexon.Arq
Pilot
Pilot

•      
  •      

Postby Hexon.Arq » Thu Nov 25, 2004 12:14 am

If and when you ever get around to it, Monkey, how 'bout conceptual skins instead of character ones?

_get some help

Dark FireStar
Arael
Arael

•      
  •      

Postby Dark FireStar » Mon Nov 29, 2004 3:29 pm

You should have one of tho's on here that would be kool.

I also want to change my name. Not that the site isent worthy to have Dark_FireStar on it but yeah its not.
Don't ban me for a limited time! Either ban me for good or let me be. (I only hold grudges for a few years lol)

Return to “EvaGeeks News and Feedback”