Is it true that some Japanese fans watched EVA and commited/

Notable old Evangelion threads from the AnimeNation Forums are preserved here.

Moderators: Monk Ed, Ornette

GandalfsWhisper [ANF]
Tunniel
Tunniel

•      
  •      

Postby GandalfsWhisper [ANF] » Tue Oct 23, 2007 6:30 am

Alright. You have your opinion, that's great. No need to force it on others.

Originally posted on: 01-Sep-2003, 03:23 GMT

StudLee14 [ANF]
Embryo

•      
  •      

Postby StudLee14 [ANF] » Tue Oct 23, 2007 6:30 am

works for me.

Originally posted on: 01-Sep-2003, 03:23 GMT

GandalfsWhisper [ANF]
Tunniel
Tunniel

•      
  •      

Postby GandalfsWhisper [ANF] » Tue Oct 23, 2007 6:30 am

believe whatever you want.

Originally posted on: 01-Sep-2003, 03:25 GMT

StudLee14 [ANF]
Embryo

•      
  •      

Indeed.

Originally posted on: 01-Sep-2003, 03:26 GMT

iammike [ANF]
Embryo

•      
  •      

Postby iammike [ANF] » Tue Oct 23, 2007 6:30 am

Wow, what an brainiac. It doesn't even sound like you have watched the whole series. Claim what you want, your words are proof enough to me that you havn't and you are most likely a troll coming in here to stir trouble on a subject you know you can bug people on.

If I'm wrong, and you have watched it all, then that only proves to me that you don't have the capasity to understand it.....don't blame the anime for your problems.

Originally posted on: 01-Sep-2003, 03:34 GMT

StudLee14 [ANF]
Embryo

•      
  •      

i wish i wasnt' too lazy to take a picture of my boxset and send it to you... oh well... you're obviously in search of good toons, so give serial experiments: lain a try.

Originally posted on: 01-Sep-2003, 03:35 GMT

StudLee14 [ANF]
Embryo

•      
  •      

and learn to type/spell while you're at it...

Originally posted on: 01-Sep-2003, 03:36 GMT

iammike [ANF]
Embryo

•      
  •      

Well mister, if your going to insult my nearly perfect post (when it comes to spelling and the such) maybe you should proof read your own first. You have a typo, kinda like the typo I saw in mine.

Now, moving on, so you have the box set Image, that doesn't make you an expert on NGE, refer back to the second paragraph of my post....I believe I already gave my opinion on that.

Now, for SE Lain, I have seen it, I liked it yes, NGE was better. Now in my own personal opinion, Last Exile is better than both of them.

But doesn't better always come down to personal taste? I don't have a problem with your dislike of NGE, I have a problem with your active campaign to tell everyone how crappy NGE is when it's rather obvious to any real fan that you have not bothered to understand the series in the first place.

Originally posted on: 01-Sep-2003, 03:45 GMT

StudLee14 [ANF]
Embryo

•      
  •      

wow a typo. sorry about that. you liked lain? good for you. i've never heard of last exile, but i'll look into it. i don't want to be a nge expert. why would anyone? i'd think if someone wanted to waste their time, they would do it on a good anime. now stop sending replies directed at me. you're wasting my time.

Originally posted on: 01-Sep-2003, 03:48 GMT

iammike [ANF]
Embryo

•      
  •      

I figure it's only fair since your waisting all of our times reading uneducated opinions about NGE. Sounds to me like you watched part of it and made up your mind before you even understood it. It's pretty obvious that you have a minority opinion since NGE is so freakin' popular around the WORLD.

Now, Last Exile, it's still airing in Japan and I believe they have aired through episode 21. You can find it through Stream Loader I believe and also useing BT. I can provide links if you like, it's worth the watch.

Originally posted on: 01-Sep-2003, 03:53 GMT

Gundampilotspaz [ANF]
Lilith

•      
  •      

Postby Gundampilotspaz [ANF] » Tue Oct 23, 2007 6:30 am

I can't believe it, I was drawn in by a troll, not just an idiot.

Originally posted on: 01-Sep-2003, 05:35 GMT

Orin_Quon [ANF]
Adam

•      
  •      

Postby Orin_Quon [ANF] » Tue Oct 23, 2007 6:30 am

Let the troll talk to himself. Ignore him/her/it.

Originally posted on: 01-Sep-2003, 07:14 GMT

Snafu [ANF]
Embryo

•      
  •      

Postby Snafu [ANF] » Tue Oct 23, 2007 6:32 am

nicotine wrote:only the weak minded tried to kill themselves after watching

Agreed.

Originally posted on: 01-Sep-2003, 07:47 GMT

Gaizokubanou [ANF]
Adam

•      
  •      

Postby Gaizokubanou [ANF] » Tue Oct 23, 2007 6:32 am

"Try, harder pal. I own it on dvd... (i'm selling it pluse the movies on ebay for 10 bucks)"

"i'm selling it pluse the movies on ebay for 10 bucks"

"for 10 bucks"

studlee14 is a MORON...

Originally posted on: 01-Sep-2003, 20:16 GMT

GandalfsWhisper [ANF]
Tunniel
Tunniel

•      
  •      

Postby GandalfsWhisper [ANF] » Tue Oct 23, 2007 6:32 am

Gaizokubanou wrote:studlee14 is a MORON...

I think we all know that...

Originally posted on: 01-Sep-2003, 20:18 GMT

iammike [ANF]
Embryo

•      
  •      

Postby iammike [ANF] » Tue Oct 23, 2007 6:32 am

Yeah, I never thought about that, only a fool would sell the NGE box set for 10 bucks, doesn't matter if you liked it or not. Know what I mean. Geezzzzzzz

I'll buy it for 10 bucks......

Originally posted on: 01-Sep-2003, 20:19 GMT

NakedEYE666 [ANF]
Sachiel
Sachiel

•      
  •      

Postby NakedEYE666 [ANF] » Tue Oct 23, 2007 6:32 am

Gundampilotspaz wrote:Now I am not being extreamist, or eliteist. I am just going to tell you the truth. There is no such thing as looking too deeply into Evangelion. You can interperate it anyway that you see fit. If you see it as just "another anime" equal to Dragon Ball Z, Gundam Wing, or Yu Yu Hakusho then thats fine with me. But NEVER ever call someone who tries to apply a higher level of thinking on something an IDIOT!

Evangelion is not just an anime to me, and its not just an anime to others. It changed my life, and not just the fact that I became Otaku after seeing it. It changed the way that I think about life. It canged the way I saw others, and most of all it changed the way I looked at myself. And everyday that I'm around others I know Evangelion is right, people are affected by the interactions of others.People walk this earth to try and find an idenity for themselfs, thats what Evangelion taught me.

O and if your a troll and never look at this post, I'll hunt you down.

While I agree fullheartidly that Evangelion isn't just an anime, in my opinion one of it's greatest if not my favorite part of it is it's anime components, the humor and characters. And I wouldn't write off Dragonball Z or Gundam Wing to be just any anime, there is a lot too them that not everyone sees, especailly Dragonball Z. You'll never get half as deep in them as you will in Evangelion but they are worth analyzing a bit too.

Originally posted on: 01-Sep-2003, 17:06 GMT

Gundampilotspaz [ANF]
Lilith

•      
  •      

Postby Gundampilotspaz [ANF] » Tue Oct 23, 2007 6:32 am

NakedEYE666 wrote:While I agree fullheartidly that Evangelion isn't just an anime, in my opinion one of it's greatest if not my favorite part of it is it's anime components, the humor and characters. And I wouldn't write off Dragonball Z or Gundam Wing to be just any anime, there is a lot too them that not everyone sees, especailly Dragonball Z. You'll never get half as deep in them as you will in Evangelion but they are worth analyzing a bit too.

Of course they are. I love Gundam Wing and I have liked DBZ for years. I just needed to pull two examples off the top of my head that were on TV. And those are the first two that came to be. Compared tp Evangelion though, they are pretty stright forward.

Originally posted on: 01-Sep-2003, 18:40 GMT

saiyajin prince [ANF]
Tunniel
Tunniel

•      
  •      

Postby saiyajin prince [ANF] » Tue Oct 23, 2007 6:32 am

I think he meant that it's much easier to get into Eva than other animes. Like DBZ and other of several animes I love, I don't tend to look back or think deeply about it after watching it. Unlike Eva, I finish watch it, and then I put it away, nothing more.

Originally posted on: 02-Sep-2003, 00:57 GMT

thelostyears [ANF]
Embryo

•      
  •      

Postby thelostyears [ANF] » Tue Oct 23, 2007 6:32 am

Well, my friend watched it in Japan when it first debuted at Japan. And he told me that it was really good ratings, but somehow, when the final 2 episodes (end of eva) was aired in theatres, some people(i asume is High school students) watched it and went home and slitted their arms and died....some attempted too.

i don't know..but it seems like those kids are too too overreacted. well, they are teens, it's possible.

Originally posted on: 03-Sep-2003, 23:54 GMT

Return to “AnimeNation Archive”