SEELE, Yui and Transcendent Power

Notable old Evangelion threads from the AnimeNation Forums are preserved here.

Moderators: Monk Ed, Ornette

Reichu [ANF]
Angel
Angel

•      
  •      

Postby Reichu [ANF] » Tue Oct 23, 2007 6:16 am

MagicianCamille wrote:Watching Fuzzy and Reichu's egos collide is entertaining.

"The Ego Boundary is Frail", so I try to keep mine a little flexible. There is more to life than Ego. Like Eggos. :gets hungry:

One day Reichu, Fuzzy, and Monkey should come together and have a giant 3-way debate. At the end everybody will need a smoke.

I think Fuzzy would end up with all of the smokes... And then, a disaster would happen as it will, with a huge amount of warning.

Originally posted on: 26-Jan-2006, 09:15 GMT

Seele08 [ANF]
Matarael
Matarael

•      
  •      

Postby Seele08 [ANF] » Tue Oct 23, 2007 6:16 am

I think Fuzzy would end up with all of the smokes... And then, a disaster would happen as it will, with a huge amount of warning.

Kind of like 2I if you ignore Pierre's comments in ep.2 (he's a Frenchie so its okay to ignore him)?
Except for the smoking I recall a no smoking sign in the antarctica base. My guess is this sign is so Keel can get away from Nigel and Pierre's incessent smoking, and of course he's the one who winds up with the health problems. Image

Originally posted on: 26-Jan-2006, 09:20 GMT

Reichu [ANF]
Angel
Angel

•      
  •      

Postby Reichu [ANF] » Tue Oct 23, 2007 6:16 am

Eh, I'm going to look over those lines again, just in case people aren't lying after all. That's why I said the truth may be somewhere in the middle. Part of it was planned, part of it was unanticipated, and the latter = the "disaster".

Huh, is that the REAL reason there's no smoking allowed in the Antarctic Base? I always wondered if there was a practical reason for that. Image

Originally posted on: 26-Jan-2006, 09:35 GMT

Seele08 [ANF]
Matarael
Matarael

•      
  •      

Postby Seele08 [ANF] » Tue Oct 23, 2007 6:16 am

Well, you'd think with so few comforts available, like sushi, they would allow smoking (besides its friggin cold). Pierre and Nigel in their attempts to look sophisticated seem to love to smoke. For heaven's sake Pierre is smoking a pipe! Who does that anymore? At least Nigel doesn't try to hard and only goes for a cigarette. But poor Keel is the only one in that picture not smoking! And like I said before he's the only one in that picture with massive health problems? Where is the justice!? He should sue.

Originally posted on: 26-Jan-2006, 09:49 GMT

Fuzzy Chickens [ANF]
Shamshel
Shamshel

•      
  •      

Postby Fuzzy Chickens [ANF] » Tue Oct 23, 2007 6:16 am

Reichu wrote:It's not nonsense at all, if you understand what she is actually saying (in Japanese, or are simply in touch with an accurate and reliable translation) and/or don't paraphrase her inaccurately. Adam had been reduced to an egg by 2I (the rest of her body blew sky-high) and was collected by Seele, whereupon she was restored to the palm-sized embryo we see in #08. Hence Kaji's comment.

From the Resurrection disc, the most accurate translation that I have available:

"Man found God and in their joy, tried to make Him theirs. That's why there was divine retribution. That was fifteen years ago. The God they found had also disappeared by then. But then, they tried to resurrect God on their own. The result was Adam."

Not quite consistent with what you say (or what Misato says, or what NGE2 says, or what...)

Reichu wrote:@Fuzzy: Actually, regarding this "disaster" stuff... You made me think a little, and the truth is somewhere in the middle.

You mean like being accidental but nonetheless caused by us?

Aaah, vindicated again Image

Reichu wrote:I think Fuzzy would end up with all of the smokes...

No, I'm a non-smoker. Ecstasy, crystal meth, cough syrup, etc. are all fine by me, but I won't touch a cigarette. Funny, no?

Originally posted on: 30-Jan-2006, 22:54 GMT

Return to “AnimeNation Archive”