Blood/AT Field Patterns

Notable old Evangelion threads from the AnimeNation Forums are preserved here.

Moderators: Monk Ed, Ornette

tv33 [ANF]
Ramiel
Ramiel

•      
  •      

Postby tv33 [ANF] » Mon Oct 22, 2007 3:30 am

Armisael is my least favorite Angel, for obvious reasons. Image

Originally posted on: 26-Nov-2003, 02:34 GMT

SandalpHon [ANF]
Embryo

•      
  •      

Postby SandalpHon [ANF] » Mon Oct 22, 2007 3:30 am

Reichu wrote:Sorry to put this to ya, but "Armisael" is the OFFICIAL spelling of that particular angel's name.

If you're going to assign Armi a gender, "he" is definitely out. Watch the New Production Cut version of episode #23 is you don't believe me.

well you may be right, but everywhere i've seen it written INCLUDING OFFICIAL EVA PLAYING CARDS it is spelled armasiel. Oh, and personnifying it is just a way to relate more easily to it.

Originally posted by Reichu
Where do you get the impression that Armisael is switching from one form to another while she is rotating? Until Armi prepares to attack Zerogouki, she is maintaining her double-helix form and only fuses into a solid ring right before she breaks off into a serpentine state.

yeah, I've got that one on DVD, but 'armisael' was merely taking the from of Rei. It was merely a mental representation, not a physical form, therefore it can't be male OR female.

Originally posted on: 26-Nov-2003, 02:40 GMT

Reichu [ANF]
Angel
Angel

•      
  •      

Postby Reichu [ANF] » Mon Oct 22, 2007 3:30 am

SandalpHon wrote:well you may be right, but everywhere i've seen it written INCLUDING OFFICIAL EVA PLAYING CARDS it is spelled armasiel.

I wouldn't mind seeing those if you have them around...

The book ADAM: Soldier at the 2015 A.D.[/u] has "ARMISAEL" written clearly on both the back cover and in Armi's actual entry. "ARMISAEL" is also used as the spelling for her card from Bandai Carddass #2 (scans of which are available here).

The spelling "Armisael" also makes more sense considering the katakana spelling (ARUMISAERU).

Originally posted on: 26-Nov-2003, 03:00 GMT

Reichu [ANF]
Angel
Angel

•      
  •      

Postby Reichu [ANF] » Mon Oct 22, 2007 3:30 am

Well, now that the theory about the Spear being Adam's S^2 is dead, how about revisiting this? :evil: And don't forget about the fifth 'pattern', sepia, mentioned in episode #20!

Originally posted on: 14-Nov-2004, 08:55 GMT

Return to “AnimeNation Archive”