The link between core and S^2

Notable old Evangelion threads from the AnimeNation Forums are preserved here.

Moderators: Monk Ed, Ornette

Reichu [ANF]
Angel
Angel

•      
  •      

Postby Reichu [ANF] » Mon Oct 22, 2007 3:21 am

AchtungAffen wrote:Well, I stand corrected on the gender thing, there said vagina and uterus, unless its one of your pics (you're famous for them). ...(did that pic said g-spot?!)

Actually, I, er, made a disclaimer about it being doctored in the same paragraph as the link. -o-; Still, I think it's pretty damn funny.* (Though I forgot the fallopian tubes -- ARGH!)

Regardless of the lack of "hard evidence", I'll believe to the grave in the Evas' possession of XX chromos. Ikuto Yamashita's renditions of the Evas as dark-skinned babes with double-D's, along with some disturbingly gynecological imagery associated with the Evas without actually showing us what's under the pelvic plate, seem to be trying to tell us something, far as I'm concerned. As if the Eva-created-from-Adam and mother's-souls bits weren't enough.

* Even funnier is that the bio-readouts actually say that EVA-00 has a :chortle: "prostate gland" -- I even left it intact in the one I doctored. Fortunately, though, this can't be taken seriously, because the same bio-readouts claim that Zero-chan has both a right and a left eye, which obviously isn't the case. Won't stop me from turning the "prostate gland" thing into a running gag in my doujin, though. Image

They copying of souls only acquires sense when you think that miraculously Kyoukos soul was in two different places at the same time (and no quantum mechanics this time).

Actually, I don't think the deal with Kyoko makes any sense, either. ::p

Originally posted on: 29-Oct-2003, 02:29 GMT

AchtungAffen [ANF]
Shamshel
Shamshel

•      
  •      

Postby AchtungAffen [ANF] » Mon Oct 22, 2007 3:21 am

The deal with Kyouko HAS to make sense, because that's something innegable: there was a soul in the Eva, Kyouko, but there was also a Kyouko with a soul, both on different places and the same time. Wasn't it like that? If it is like that, then there's only one explanation: somehow her soul was copied. I don't think there's a way around this unless:
A) Kyoukos soul is not in Eva 02 (wich is not correct)
B) Kyouko didn't have a soul after contact (wich doesn't make sense if we take into account the relation between the soul and form)

You fooled me with those pics, thats a very nice work. Still, if its not Eva, then I shall withdraw my "I'm corrected". I'm not corrected, I was right then, I think.

I don't know... is ther a prostate gland in humans? I thought it was a nerve, the happy nerve they call it (if a guy goes to donate sperm and plays the fool with the nurse, he's going to know the real meaning of that)

Originally posted on: 29-Oct-2003, 02:44 GMT

Reichu [ANF]
Angel
Angel

•      
  •      

AchtungAffen wrote:I don't think there's a way around this unless:
A) Kyoukos soul is not in Eva 02 (wich is not correct)
B) Kyouko didn't have a soul after contact (wich doesn't make sense if we take into account the relation between the soul and form)

NGE never really got into the technicalities behind the soul/form bit, though. You get "400% synch ratio" with an Eva, you lose your ego boundary and you go splat. You get exposed to an AATF, you go splat. Well, okay... What if you do a contact experiment for an Eva but you're not a weirdo like Yui and you don't really want the BEB to suck your soul out, but she (the Eva) does anyway? That seems to be what happened with poor Kyoko. On the one hand, Kyoko's in EVA-02 (albeit in bad need of some counseling). On the other hand, her Lilim body's still around but going totally psycho. Maybe there's some strange technicality at work that lets her body stick around as an empty, soulless, incoherent shell desparately seeking suicide. Who the frell knows? We don't know what happened between her and Nigouki, except that something evidently went amiss.

You fooled me with those pics, thats a very nice work.

:blush:

I don't know... is ther a prostate gland in humans? I thought it was a nerve, the happy nerve they call it (if a guy goes to donate sperm and plays the fool with the nurse, he's going to know the real meaning of that)

Well, actually, it's a little gland in male mammals that envelops the urethra where it meets the bladder and produces one of the ingredients in ... "manchowder". Additionally, it's also considered the male version of the G-spot, but I won't detail that further for all you hetero males' sakes. Image

Originally posted on: 29-Oct-2003, 03:01 GMT

Painkiller [ANF]
Embryo

•      
  •      

Postby Painkiller [ANF] » Mon Oct 22, 2007 3:21 am

Reichu wrote:Who the frell knows?

Do you watch Farscape?

Originally posted on: 29-Oct-2003, 23:13 GMT

Reichu [ANF]
Angel
Angel

•      
  •      

Painkiller wrote:Do you watch Farscape?

Seen enough to have "frell" become a permanent part of my vocabulary, anyway. Image

Originally posted on: 29-Oct-2003, 23:51 GMT

tv33 [ANF]
Ramiel
Ramiel

•      
  •      

Postby tv33 [ANF] » Mon Oct 22, 2007 3:21 am

I miss Farscape. Image

Originally posted on: 30-Oct-2003, 00:11 GMT

AchtungAffen [ANF]
Shamshel
Shamshel

•      
  •      

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Reichu
NGE never really got into the technicalities behind the soul/form bit, though. You get "400% synch ratio" with an Eva, you lose your ego boundary and you go splat. You get exposed to an AATF, you go splat. Well, okay... What if you do a contact experiment for an Eva but you're not a weirdo like Yui and you don't really want the BEB to suck your soul out, but she (the Eva) does anyway? That seems to be what happened with poor Kyoko. On the one hand, Kyoko's in EVA-02 (albeit in bad need of some counseling). On the other hand, her Lilim body's still around but going totally psycho. Maybe there's some strange technicality at work that lets her body stick around as an empty, soulless, incoherent shell desparately seeking suicide. Who the frell knows? We don't know what happened between her and Nigouki, except that something evidently went amiss./QUOTE]

Maybe, but considering the mechanics of soul and body that are positive inside Eva, starting with Kaworus quote, and experienced mostly through EOE, proabilistically (sp) its more correct to affirm Kyouko had a soul after the experiment. If Evangelion doesn't specifically set an exception, then, by probabilities, its likelier that she had her soul.

Simpler: Saying she ended up empty is a speculation without evidence. Saying she did have soul is a speculation with evidence. Wich one suits you better? I stay with the evidence.

Originally posted on: 30-Oct-2003, 15:45 GMT

Reichu [ANF]
Angel
Angel

•      
  •      

[quote="AchtungAffen "]
Originally posted by Reichu
[B]Simpler: Saying she ended up empty is a speculation without evidence. Saying she did have soul is a speculation with evidence. Wich one suits you better? I stay with the evidence.

But then there are those fun cases like the tank of Rei clones that somehow manage to maintain physical form without souls. And, of course, saying that their ability to do so stemmed from their container is speculation without evidence -- no? Image

The "soul copying" stuff is very fishy because, as Dr. Nick once pointed out to me, NGE in general stresses the individuality of souls. (And they tell you that the human mind and spirit aren't able to be digitized; how could they any sooner possess the ability to duplicate the human mind and spirit instead?) If souls are nothing more than things than can just be copied (like bodies can be, via cloning and such), a lot of the stuff in NGE becomes very inconsistent and less cohesive than it already is. Of course, this is arguing in terms of philosophical-type matters without any hard evidence, and I know you don't approve...

Also regarding the Rei/Zerogouki stuff I hate so much... I was watching episode 23 again, and Rei says, "If I escape, the A.T. Field will disappear". I find this confusing, because episode 03 demonstrated that the entry plug can be ejected with the Eva holding with the current commands. Wouldn't the dispersal of the A.T. Field be one of those commands? Why would the field disappear if Rei-002 left?

On a final note, do you still doubt the femininity of the Evas, AA? I think I know your answer already, but I just want to be sure...

Originally posted on: 30-Oct-2003, 16:03 GMT

Sharp-kun [ANF]
Clockiel
Clockiel

•      
  •      

Postby Sharp-kun [ANF] » Mon Oct 22, 2007 3:21 am

Reichu wrote:Also regarding the Rei/Zerogouki stuff I hate so much... I was watching episode 23 again, and Rei says, "If I escape, the A.T. Field will disappear". I find this confusing, because episode 03 demonstrated that the entry plug can be ejected with the Eva holding with the current commands. Wouldn't the dispersal of the A.T. Field be one of those commands? Why would the field disappear if Rei-002 left?

I had an explanation for this ages ago but I've forogtten :yawn:

Originally posted on: 30-Oct-2003, 16:13 GMT

NakedEYE666 [ANF]
Sachiel
Sachiel

•      
  •      

Postby NakedEYE666 [ANF] » Mon Oct 22, 2007 3:21 am

Sharp-kun wrote:I had an explanation for this ages ago but I've forogtten :yawn:

Damn I hate when that happens. That's why we need to set up a bunch of dummy websites and store theories on them.

(Not a serious suggestion, I'm kind of out of it right now)

Originally posted on: 30-Oct-2003, 19:49 GMT

Sharp-kun [ANF]
Clockiel
Clockiel

•      
  •      

Postby Sharp-kun [ANF] » Mon Oct 22, 2007 3:21 am

NakedEYE666 wrote:Damn I hate when that happens. That's why we need to set up a bunch of dummy websites and store theories on them.

(Not a serious suggestion, I'm kind of out of it right now)

I've got some of the interesting threads here (mostly me and MDWigs), and some of my larger posts saved, but not that one. Image

Originally posted on: 30-Oct-2003, 19:50 GMT

AchtungAffen [ANF]
Shamshel
Shamshel

•      
  •      

But then there are those fun cases like the tank of Rei clones that somehow manage to maintain physical form without souls. And, of course, saying that their ability to do so stemmed from their container is speculation without evidence -- no?

Considering all the evidence from EOE about soul and form (wich confirms the previous theory), this is a clear exception. Then why? I think the key resides in the destruction of the clones. It wasn't an anti ATF who destroyed them, as we see, it was only this "Destrudo Release" wich was individual for each clone. So, it seems that by some way they managed to keep those bodies in a unity for each one, and just releasing the destrudo, would end that unity. So, no ATF, still form.

And just by the way, before pasting a soul into a body, there must be a body, right? So, they have to have some way in wich to trick the ATF stuff, just like the dolem legend. It was a body of clay, if left alone it would lose form with time (as happens with the dead, wich could apply really fine in Eva), by putting "death" on its forehead did the same as the destrudo release, and by putting "life" (I think) it gained conciousness, an analog of pasting a soul inside a Rei clone.

Imagine a can of conserves (spell?) with olives and stuff. Left alone they lose their unity, they lose form (they don't have what could be called their vegetable soul anymore). Inside the container they last a long long time, soulless and all. Perhaps the pool was nothing but a conservant container, avoiding the clones from loosing unity by lacking soul and ATF.

I have to add: the same that happens to the dead, might apply to the clones. We see dead people on Eva, they don't lose form, but they will, no soul, no ATF, gradually the unity of the body is lost (ask any guy with some knowledge on aristotelic phylosphy about the hilemorphic theory and how it applies to the dead). The clones have no soul, gradually they should lose form, but the container keeps them, as the olives, from 'rotting', as some kind of refrigerator.

The "soul copying" stuff is very fishy because, as Dr. Nick once pointed out to me, NGE in general stresses the individuality of souls. (And they tell you that the human mind and spirit aren't able to be digitized; how could they any sooner possess the ability to duplicate the human mind and spirit instead?)

A copying process that doesn't include previous digitalization. There's a fact, a soul that is in the same moment in two different places. Theres also a rule for body form. Taking 2 and 2 means that there had to be a same soul on 2 different places at the same time. As I remember, there ain't a single stated rule in NGE, or an induction based rule, that denies the soul copying. Besides there's evidence of soul copying, Rei 001 and Rei 002, two almost same souls on 2 different places at the same time. Rei's soul is "one and the same" as the RCB states. There ain't, because of this, room for some kind of Rei soul matrix. Besides we can see Rei's soul update across the series, and specifically on episode 23, wich can only mean that its just one soul wich miraculously flies from one body to the other, or from one body to some container (returning to Lillith?:: think about this: Lillith, if has no soul, and being a source of life, her body never loses unity, an 'inmortal body'. Soul is taken out, loses its container, but there's still the original container, so it 'magnetically' returns to it... still speculation after all), and then its pasted on another body.

If souls are nothing more than things than can just be copied (like bodies can be, via cloning and such), a lot of the stuff in NGE becomes very inconsistent and less cohesive than it already is.

Wich stuff?

Also regarding the Rei/Zerogouki stuff I hate so much... I was watching episode 23 again, and Rei says, "If I escape, the A.T. Field will disappear". I find this confusing, because episode 03 demonstrated that the entry plug can be ejected with the Eva holding with the current commands. Wouldn't the dispersal of the A.T. Field be one of those commands? Why would the field disappear if Rei-002 left?

I think that there's a difference between mantaining the current position, wich is something purely mechanical (remember the armor plates were used to 'control the Eva'), but the ATF is something non-mechanical, wich seems to need a link between pilot and resident soul, and certain ammount of synch (episode 23, Asuka not displaying ATF, not even moving, low synch).

On a final note, do you still doubt the femininity of the Evas, AA? I think I know your answer already, but I just want to be sure...

I guess you could call 'em feminine as long as there's a feminine resident soul. But if there's no physiological indication of gender, then I think its irrelevant to genderize 'em. And the names... Eva, Lillith, Adam... they cannot be taken exactly with the same meaning as religion. They're more like tags wich fit the situation, like for example, ever read that stuff about Lillith-the black moon?(in the astrological sense, people who believed there was a 2nd satelite around earth, a black moon called Lillith, and no connection to the mythological Lillith. This is for real.)

Sharp-kun:

I'd like one day, if you want, you could pass me your archive of saved posts, please.

Originally posted on: 30-Oct-2003, 22:28 GMT

Reichu [ANF]
Angel
Angel

•      
  •      

NakedEYE666 wrote:(Not a serious suggestion, I'm kind of out of it right now)

Heh, the best possible time to be posting. Image

Well, ONE of these days I plan on making a site all about my Eva and Angel-related dogma. Though you can probably guess I don't get too many e-mails from people encouraging me to hop on it. Image

Originally posted on: 31-Oct-2003, 01:07 GMT

NakedEYE666 [ANF]
Sachiel
Sachiel

•      
  •      

Postby NakedEYE666 [ANF] » Mon Oct 22, 2007 3:21 am

Haha well that's most of the time I'm posting then Image

While we're on the subject, I actually did make a dummy site to support my Rei related theories, but seeing as how I'm waiting to start my theories until I've completed my gathering of the series, it really serves no purpose at all.

Originally posted on: 31-Oct-2003, 21:15 GMT

Reichu [ANF]
Angel
Angel

•      
  •      

An interesting little thread that hops all over the place... *bump*

Originally posted on: 16-Oct-2004, 11:47 GMT

Return to “AnimeNation Archive”