Written Statements Question

Important site and forum news, announcements, and feedback goes here.

Moderator: Board Staff

Somnius Kenate
Adam

Written Statements Question

•      
  •      

Postby Somnius Kenate » Tue Jul 06, 2004 6:08 pm

Eva Monkey, just out of curosity. why do you have those two "statements" by The Danimal on your written statements section? All they are doing is talking about is how horrible the author thinks Evangelion is.

The Eva Monkey
IT'S OVER 9000!!!
IT'S OVER 9000!!!

•      
  •      

Postby The Eva Monkey » Tue Jul 06, 2004 10:21 pm

Don't forget: The Thin Veneer Known as "Evangelion"

Aside from being humourous, they offer counterpoint. Just because they don't put Eva on a pedastal doesn't mean they don't have merit. The Nothing Sacred articles take a somewhat satirical route, while the Anime Cafe essay takes a more reasonably well argued approach.

I'm not putting Eva on a pedastal, and I'm not weeding out content I find to be negative, or even slightly flawed. There are two ways of looking at things, and sometimes you have to embrace the harsh reality of things. Evangelion is in some respects a very flawed work, with a lot of plot holes, mistakes, and brain farts. Its still a great show, but it certainly isn't the greatest thing ever. These essays seek to point that out, and for that they are purposeful and will remain on the site.

Certainly take them with a grain of salt, but listen to what the authors have to say, they aren't that far off from the truth.

Return to “EvaGeeks News and Feedback”