Why do the Angels Believe that Adam was in the Geofront?

Notable old Evangelion threads from the AnimeNation Forums are preserved here.

Moderators: Monk Ed, Ornette

Sharp-kun [ANF]
Clockiel
Clockiel

•      
  •      

Postby Sharp-kun [ANF] » Mon Oct 22, 2007 1:55 am

RahOtaku wrote:If the Lance of Longinus is supposed to stop complementation then why does Complementation start when the Eva Series pierce their cores with it?

If you actually read, you would discover that it is more than that.
It can also be used to accelerate the process.

RahOtaku wrote:Also why does Seele go through all the trouble to build LoL's for the Eva series if it would destroy their plans?

Because clearly, the Lance is more than that, and without the original, they need a substitute.

RahOtaku wrote:What kind of guide would facilitate their own downfall?

Besides that Fuyutski said the lance was key to Seele's process of Complementation.

See above.

RahOtaku wrote:Now the Eva2 game directly contradicts the Series.
So how can you say this is canon?

I don't, Gainax do. Sorry, they rank quite a lot higher than you in saying if something is canon.
You've glanced at it and dismissed it, as it is the final nail in the coffin of your argument.

The rest of us will ponder it, and create new theories that fit, much as was done with the creation of EVA-01 last week. That is how discussion of Eva is. New stuff crops up all the time, it may appear odd, but it can be integrated,

Originally posted on: 02-Mar-2004, 08:27 GMT

Sharp-kun [ANF]
Clockiel
Clockiel

•      
  •      

Postby Sharp-kun [ANF] » Mon Oct 22, 2007 1:56 am

RahOtaku wrote:
You say GAINAX says this is canon? Can you show that?

Go to their site and read for yourself:

http://www.gainax.co.jp/news/index....2003&month=8#22

Thats the original announcement. Its either in there, or not far from there. Given thow long ago it was, I'm not going hunting through Gainax's site for something we already know.

Originally posted on: 02-Mar-2004, 08:32 GMT

RahOtaku [ANF]
Adam

•      
  •      

Postby RahOtaku [ANF] » Mon Oct 22, 2007 1:56 am

Human Complementation project :
- It's a project to elevate humans into a being close to gods. S2 unit is the "base" of god, and Evas are the "body" of god. Once the human souls are merged into them both, and our "last natural enemy", the fail safe device Longinus spear is destroyed, nothing then can stop the process of the complementation. SEELE consider themselves superior humans and our "guides" for completing such process.
-EVA2 Game-

I'm sorry I thought I could read. But once again you've proved me wrong. Why don't you read it to me?

Perhaps you can read it outload to me where it says it accelerates anything?

If you actually read, you would discover that it is more than that.
It can also be used to accelerate the process.-Sharpkun-

I don't, Gainax do. Sorry, they rank quite a lot higher than you in saying if something is canon.
You've glanced at it and dismissed it, as it is the final nail in the coffin of your argument.-Sharpkun

Now where does Gainax say that it accelerates the process? Are you ignoring that the lance is the only thing that can stop complementation?

^_^

Originally posted on: 02-Mar-2004, 08:34 GMT

Sharp-kun [ANF]
Clockiel
Clockiel

•      
  •      

RahOtaku wrote: I'm sorry I think am can read.

Perhaps you can read it outload to me where it says it accelerates anything?color]

[color=blue] Now where does Gainax say that it accelerates the process? Are you ignoring that the lance is the only thing that can stop complementation?

Deal with it in the Eva2 Info thread. There it is said that there is more. What has been posted so far is not all of it. Eva2 is canon, Gainax said so, deal with it.

Instead, tell me how Lilith can be an angel when SEELE won't use the Angels.

Originally posted on: 02-Mar-2004, 08:41 GMT

RahOtaku [ANF]
Adam

•      
  •      

Go to their site and read for yourself:

http://www.gainax.co.jp/news/index....2003&month=8#22

Thats the original announcement. Its either in there, or not far from there. Given thow long ago it was, I'm not going hunting through Gainax's site for something we already know.-Sharpkun-

As far as I've read, it doesn't say it's canon.

^_^

Originally posted on: 02-Mar-2004, 08:41 GMT

Sharp-kun [ANF]
Clockiel
Clockiel

•      
  •      

RahOtaku wrote:As far as I've read, it doesn't say it's canon.

Thats only the initial announcement. Dig deeper. It was also posted on AN's New Board with the "Answer many questions" part.

Originally posted on: 02-Mar-2004, 08:42 GMT

RahOtaku [ANF]
Adam

•      
  •      

Nope it still doesn't say it's canon.

Only you say it's canon. Are you GAINAX?

^_^

Originally posted on: 02-Mar-2004, 08:46 GMT

Sharp-kun [ANF]
Clockiel
Clockiel

•      
  •      

RahOtaku wrote:Nope it still doesn't say it's canon.

Only you say it's canon. Are you GAINAX?

A quick google gave the following:

just keep playing around in the puzzling world of Eva to discover clues about the "Official Answer," which GAINAX is said to have presented in the game.

Official answer? Sounds canon.

You ignored my question.

EDIT: The above quote is also from the Jan 2004 Newtype USA, and the Dec 2003 Newtype Japan.

Originally posted on: 02-Mar-2004, 08:53 GMT

Fuzzy Chickens [ANF]
Shamshel
Shamshel

•      
  •      

Postby Fuzzy Chickens [ANF] » Mon Oct 22, 2007 1:56 am

As far as I am concerned, if it's not directly from the tongue or the pen of Anno, it doesn't count.

Originally posted on: 01-Mar-2004, 21:03 GMT

Sharp-kun [ANF]
Clockiel
Clockiel

•      
  •      

Fuzzy Chickens wrote:As far as I am concerned, if it's not directly from the tongue or the pen of Anno, it doesn't count.

Anno worked on the game. Can't remember his roll just now.

Unfortunatly for you though, that is not the way it works.

Originally posted on: 01-Mar-2004, 21:06 GMT

RahOtaku [ANF]
Adam

•      
  •      

To solve the mysteries you must understand the world of Eva itself.
The Eva 2 game draws you into the world of Eva once again. During production, the developers did their best to understand everything about Eva, and tried to incorperate what they learned into the game. Without their efforts, it would've been impossible to re-create the world of Eva. Hiroshi Shibamura of Alfa System prepared a thick questionaire and conducted an interview with Hideaki Anno, the director of both TV series and the films, that lasted more than ten hours. The interview included questions such as, "What do you think about each of the Gundam series?" (to further understand the story behind Eva). Director Anno and his staff answered the questions frankly, and the game reflects that.
However, it won't be easy to find answers. The quickest way to gather clues is to play the game repeatedly in as many different roles as possible, such as Gendou (you never know if he's telling the truth). And after all of the hard work, much of the information obtained may turn out to be contradictory or just plain false. That is because a correct answer from the standpoint of one particular character isn't necessarily correct from the standpoint of another. On the other hand, mystery-solving is only a part of it. Instead of trying so hard to find the right answers, just keep playing around in the puzzling world of Eva to discover clues about the "Official Answer," which GAINAX is said to have presented in the game.-Entire Article-

That's the entire Article.

To solve the mysteries you must understand the world of Eva itself.

That's correct. And I doubt these computer programmers do.

The Eva 2 game draws you into the world of Eva once again.

Yes, as all games start with, the phrase, " Enter the Amazing world of ........

During production, the developers did their best to understand everything about Eva, and tried to incorperate what they learned into the game.

Yes they did try their best. Is this canon? I certainly don't think so.

Without their efforts, it would've been impossible to re-create the world of Eva.

They did re-create a world of Eva. They Re-created an alternate universe.

Hiroshi Shibamura of Alfa System prepared a thick questionaire and conducted an interview with Hideaki Anno, the director of both TV series and the films, that lasted more than ten hours.

What I wouldn't do to see that Questionaire. Now, ADV also had an interview with Anno for a long time. Is The EVA Live action film also canon then?

The interview included questions such as, "What do you think about each of the Gundam series?" (to further understand the story behind Eva).

This shows us how much the Computer programmers know about Evangelion. They ask questions about Gundam. Their knowledge of Evangelion is now becoming quite questionable.

Director Anno and his staff answered the questions frankly, and the game reflects that.

Have you seen interviews with Anno? I have, and he doesn't go into details at all. if you ask him if he likes Shinji. He'll say I don't like Shinji. If the programers are asking about Gundam? What kind of idea of Eva are they getting?

However, it won't be easy to find answers. The quickest way to gather clues is to play the game repeatedly in as many different roles as possible, such as Gendou (you never know if he's telling the truth).

This statement is a marketing scheme to get you to play this game over and over again.

Great now the makers tell us this, "you never know if he's telling the truth"

Does that Sound Canon? It doesn't to me.

And after all of the hard work, much of the information obtained may turn out to be contradictory or just plain false.

Once again it is amazingly not canon.

That is because a correct answer from the standpoint of one particular character isn't necessarily correct from the standpoint of another.

Great now there's going to be a lot of answers that aren't true.

Instead of trying so hard to find the right answers, just keep playing around in the puzzling world of Eva to discover clues about the "Official Answer," which GAINAX is said to have presented in the game.-

Now it gets down to the point. They aren't providing any answers. It's an alternate Universe with programmers that think Eva's should look like Gundams. Have you seen the f-type Armor? Eva's are organic beings. They aren't mechs.

The F-type armor was made by the game designer, just like those explanations that you are say are CANON. Anno didn't create f-type armor or these off the wall explanations. How can this be canon? Because Anno had an interview? Oh Great, will the Eva Live Action film be Canon also?

Next we'll have Shining Eva, Wing Eva, Justice Eva, etc. (this is a nameplay with Gundam names.)

The only official answer I've found is that Evangelion 2 is in the following statement:

"And after all of the hard work, much of the information obtained may turn out to be contradictory or just plain false."

^_^

Originally posted on: 01-Mar-2004, 21:21 GMT

NakedEYE666 [ANF]
Sachiel
Sachiel

•      
  •      

Postby NakedEYE666 [ANF] » Mon Oct 22, 2007 1:56 am

So you get to play as Gendou?

We asked "What do you think about Gundam?" to understand Evangelion. Can you see the gaping logic hole in that statement?

Uh yeah, sorry for replying Image

Originally posted on: 01-Mar-2004, 23:43 GMT

Sharp-kun [ANF]
Clockiel
Clockiel

•      
  •      

Postby Sharp-kun [ANF] » Mon Oct 22, 2007 1:57 am

RahOtaku wrote:That's the entire Article.

That's correct. And I doubt these computer programmers do.

Yes, as all games start with, the phrase, " Enter the Amazing world of ........

Yes they did try their best. Is this canon? I certainly don't think so.

They did re-create a world of Eva. They Re-created an alternate universe.

What I wouldn't do to see that Questionaire. Now, ADV also had an interview with Anno for a long time. Is The EVA Live action film also canon then?

This shows us how much the Computer programmers know about Evangelion. They ask questions about Gundam. Their knowledge of Evangelion is now becoming quite questionable.

Have you seen interviews with Anno? I have, and he doesn't go into details at all. if you ask him if he likes Shinji. He'll say I don't like Shinji. If the programers are asking about Gundam? What kind of idea of Eva are they getting?

This statement is a marketing scheme to get you to play this game over and over again.

Great now the makers tell us this, "you never know if he's telling the truth"

Does that Sound Canon? It doesn't to me.

Once again it is amazingly not canon.

Great now there's going to be a lot of answers that aren't true.

Now it gets down to the point. They aren't providing any answers. It's an alternate Universe with programmers that think Eva's should look like Gundams. Have you seen the f-type Armor? Eva's are organic beings. They aren't mechs.

The F-type armor was made by the game designer, just like those explanations that you are say are CANON. Anno didn't create f-type armor or these off the wall explanations. How can this be canon? Because Anno had an interview? Oh Great, will the Eva Live Action film be Canon also?

Next we'll have Shining Eva, Wing Eva, Justice Eva, etc. (this is a nameplay with Gundam names.)

The only official answer I've found is that Evangelion 2 is in the following statement:

"And after all of the hard work, much of the information obtained may turn out to be contradictory or just plain false."

My reply is in the Eva2 thread. Suffice to say that you have ignored the most important part of the article, and have shown a lack of knowlege on the anime Eva was based on, and Anno previously worked on. Anno supervised this, he worked on it himself. Anything would have been approved by him.

Originally posted on: 02-Mar-2004, 09:53 GMT

Reichu [ANF]
Angel
Angel

•      
  •      

Postby Reichu [ANF] » Mon Oct 22, 2007 1:57 am

Another fun old debate... Sigh, I long for the day when my bumping can end.

Originally posted on: 18-Feb-2005, 02:34 GMT

Magami No ER [ANF]
Tokyo-3 Resident
Tokyo-3 Resident

•      
  •      

Postby Magami No ER [ANF] » Mon Oct 22, 2007 1:57 am

No, you enjoy this. Image I have nothing really to add here really.

Originally posted on: 18-Feb-2005, 02:35 GMT

Reichu [ANF]
Angel
Angel

•      
  •      

Gratuitous bumpage, since I found myself linking to this thread the other day.

Originally posted on: 21-Feb-2006, 00:19 GMT

AsukaxSohryux [ANF]
Lilith

•      
  •      

Postby AsukaxSohryux [ANF] » Mon Oct 22, 2007 1:57 am

Reichu wrote:Gratuitous bumpage, since I found myself linking to this thread the other day.

Well since I wasnt around when this was up, I can input my opinion. I think the Angels knew it was there. Hence epi 8 , it attacked the ships because Kaji was carrying the embryo. They followed Adam, and anyways we all knew Adam was at the geofront anyways. Image

Originally posted on: 21-Feb-2006, 00:51 GMT

Ornette [ANF]
Gaghiel
Gaghiel

•      
  •      

Postby Ornette [ANF] » Mon Oct 22, 2007 1:57 am

But that doesn't explain why the first 3 Angels went to Tokyo-3, before Adam was delivered.

Originally posted on: 21-Feb-2006, 01:02 GMT

AsukaxSohryux [ANF]
Lilith

•      
  •      

Postby AsukaxSohryux [ANF] » Mon Oct 22, 2007 1:57 am

Ornette wrote:But that doesn't explain why the first 3 Angels went to Tokyo-3, before Adam was delivered.

They prolly mistook Lilith as Adam, only thing I can think of. NGE is a puzzle and only 50% complete to me =/.

Originally posted on: 21-Feb-2006, 01:04 GMT

Reichu [ANF]
Angel
Angel

•      
  •      

The Apostles were apparently attracted to the Black Moon itself. Being as the White Moon -- the "Egg of Adam" -- was destroyed as a result of Second Impact, the Black Moon became their "sole point of reference on a planet that was supposed to be theirs". The density of the artificial material from which the Moon was constructed is possibly what allowed them to detect it from afar.* However they managed to find it, the "homing instinct" was something that Seele had clearly anticipated, hence the pouring of resources into the "fortress city for Angel interception".

Gaghiel was encountered off the Japanese coast, and he was likely on a trajectory to Tokyo-3, same as the others. The Pacific Fleet was, of course, headed in the same general direction. It doesn't seem very farfetched that Gaghiel's attention was captured when Mother (and a "copy" of Mother, who was of somewhat less interest to him) appeared on the "radar".

Bardiel crossing paths with EVA-03's aerial transport in #18 was probably something similar, and he simply took advantage of the opportunity.

* Mr. Tines suggested that this is the significance of the neutrino scan image of the White Moon in #21'. IIRC, neutrinos can normally pass through most matter unhindered, but not through the stuff the FAR used to build the Seeds' "spaceships".

Originally posted on: 21-Feb-2006, 01:08 GMT

Return to “AnimeNation Archive”