Angelic Gender

Notable old Evangelion threads from the AnimeNation Forums are preserved here.

Moderators: Monk Ed, Ornette

Reichu [ANF]
Angel
Angel

•      
  •      

Postby Reichu [ANF] » Mon Oct 22, 2007 1:41 am

Kaworu_Asuka: "Tzachquiel"? Where'd you dig that spelling variation up? ;;> There are some pretty weird ones out there... But for all intensive purposes, I stick to the GAINAX-approved ones given in Newtype 100% Collection[/u] and on various Bandai Carddass cards. When I'm talking about the NGE angels, anyway.

If you want yaoi, I always thought Sachiel+Zeruel would make an especially horrifying matchup... A running joke between a friend (who, incidentally, can't stand NGE) and I is that Sachiel is a notoriously hopeless drug addict. One day, from some part of this twisted storyline, Sachiel takes advantage of his brother/roommate Zeruel's chronic angst and convinces Zer to join him on his substance-abusing escapes, with disastrous results! The two of them start crying melodramatically like a couple of drunkards -- "I Love You Sachi!!" "I Love You Too Zer!!!" -- and embrace, with the result their cores get awfully close. And then...

Alas! I've said too much!!! Thankfully, I have no plans to include this bit of sacrilege in my already-sacrilegous doujinshi, though it has plenty of possibilities as a tasteless omake! Image

Gendou+Washu? I can't imagine Yui would be too happy about that... Image

Originally posted on: 26-Sep-2003, 07:10 GMT

Kaworu_Asuka [ANF]
Embryo

•      
  •      

Postby Kaworu_Asuka [ANF] » Mon Oct 22, 2007 1:41 am

Posted by Reichu:

Gendou+Washu? I can't imagine Yui would be too happy about that... Image

Yui's out of the picture, but they do share Washu's lab with 200 naked Rei clones (Washu's dream, I'm sure *sarcastic*). In one chapter Ryoko killed them by feeding them too much - they all floated to the surface then Gendo had to re-engineer all of them and Washu chased Shinji around trying to give him a tail.

Tonight...we did give Sachiel a role in the fic - he's trying to drive a lilum car with hilarious consequences.

Originally posted on: 26-Sep-2003, 20:33 GMT

Reichu [ANF]
Angel
Angel

•      
  •      

Postby Reichu [ANF] » Mon Oct 22, 2007 1:41 am

This thread is so strange, I -had- to bump it.

Originally posted on: 07-Sep-2004, 22:53 GMT

Kaworu_Asuka [ANF]
Embryo

•      
  •      

Postby Kaworu_Asuka [ANF] » Mon Oct 22, 2007 1:42 am

YAY Ressurection of the dead thread!! Image

Originally posted on: 08-Sep-2004, 00:22 GMT

AchtungAffen [ANF]
Shamshel
Shamshel

•      
  •      

Postby AchtungAffen [ANF] » Mon Oct 22, 2007 1:42 am

In the end... aren't they all bitches? for humanity I mean.

Originally posted on: 08-Sep-2004, 04:55 GMT

Keisuke-kun [ANF]
Sachiel
Sachiel

•      
  •      

Postby Keisuke-kun [ANF] » Mon Oct 22, 2007 1:42 am

I remember proposing the "Angels with gender" theory a LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOONG time ago. Like in november or december of 2001. Before you people were even here. I feel like an old man talking about the war days with the kids. Back when we still thought Naoko was in eva-00. The good old days....

Originally posted on: 08-Sep-2004, 10:38 GMT

Reichu [ANF]
Angel
Angel

•      
  •      

Postby Reichu [ANF] » Mon Oct 22, 2007 1:42 am

AchtungAffen wrote:In the end... aren't they all bitches? for humanity I mean.

I think these days, the term "bitch" doesn't have to imply gender. You can be a bitch -- or somebody's bitch -- and it doesn't matter whether you're male or female.

Zeruel: Now, that EVA-01... What a bitch.

Originally posted on: 08-Sep-2004, 14:13 GMT

tv33 [ANF]
Ramiel
Ramiel

•      
  •      

Postby tv33 [ANF] » Mon Oct 22, 2007 1:42 am

I still think Ramiel is a guy, what with its penetrating drill and all.

Originally posted on: 08-Sep-2004, 15:04 GMT

Reichu [ANF]
Angel
Angel

•      
  •      

tv33 wrote:I still think Ramiel is a guy, what with its penetrating drill and all.

Come now, we should know better than to judge Angels based upon their possible phallic connotations! Shamshel has long been a victim of this, despite what Yoshitoh Asari's twisted little mind had intended (but I won't get into that unless someone asks)... And Armisael is the greatest glowing Hentai Tentacle Demon of them all -- but it is named for the Angel of the Womb and identifies itself with a female nonetheless.

Originally posted on: 08-Sep-2004, 16:46 GMT

HeWhoPostsStuff [ANF]
Clockiel
Clockiel

•      
  •      

Postby HeWhoPostsStuff [ANF] » Mon Oct 22, 2007 1:42 am

Y'know, we could all just got the "Stuffman Route" (which, incidentally, drives poor Reichu nuts), and call every last one of 'em an "it" and be done with it...

Originally posted on: 08-Sep-2004, 17:44 GMT

AchtungAffen [ANF]
Shamshel
Shamshel

•      
  •      

IT reminds me of that Koni-chan episode in wich that purple squid cosplay character did the same Zeruel did to Eva-01 core, only this time as if it was the 4th Angel.

@Keisuke-kun
Hey, were you the one Washu-chan from the EvaML FAQ?

Originally posted on: 08-Sep-2004, 18:44 GMT

evolve [ANF]
Embryo

•      
  •      

Postby evolve [ANF] » Mon Oct 22, 2007 1:42 am

HeWhoPostsStuff wrote:Y'know, we could all just got the "Stuffman Route" (which, incidentally, drives poor Reichu nuts), and call every last one of 'em an "it" and be done with it...

I'm with this guy.

either that, or they're of an intermediate sex.

Originally posted on: 09-Sep-2004, 04:18 GMT

Reichu [ANF]
Angel
Angel

•      
  •      

AchtungAffen wrote:IT reminds me of that Koni-chan episode in wich that purple squid cosplay character did the same Zeruel did to Eva-01 core, only this time as if it was the 4th Angel.

What is this, an Evangelion reference? Tell us more!

I think I said at the beginning of this thread that I personally don't believe that the Angels actually have genders... They seem like the sorts of entities that would transcend that sort of thing. Well, not taking into account things like EVA-01's birth and the fact that those black Angel "eggs" had to come from somewhere... (Adam's rear end, maybe? :evil: )

Originally posted on: 09-Sep-2004, 13:01 GMT

AchtungAffen [ANF]
Shamshel
Shamshel

•      
  •      

There's a weird anime called "koni-chan" or something, weird in an Excel Saga fashion. there's a character there that is like a guy cosplaying a purple squid. There's one episode in wich both koni-chan (a fat guy with a onigiri t-shirt) and the squid cosplay are gigantic and they do a scene wich resembles when Zeruel corners out of power Eva-01 and snaps his core. More info later as I'm being thrown out from the internet room in college!

Originally posted on: 09-Sep-2004, 14:20 GMT

HeWhoPostsStuff [ANF]
Clockiel
Clockiel

•      
  •      

Postby HeWhoPostsStuff [ANF] » Mon Oct 22, 2007 1:43 am

Reichu wrote:Well, not taking into account things like EVA-01's birth and the fact that those black Angel "eggs" had to come from somewhere... (Adam's rear end, maybe? :evil: )

Reminds me of a line from "Fawlty Towers," in which a certain bratty kid complains to the hotel manager about being dissatisfied with his meal...

"These eggs look like you laid them!"

Heaven only knows what kinda parody I could make out of this...Adam and Lilith having Basil-Sybil-esque exchanges...but who'd be Manuel?

Originally posted on: 09-Sep-2004, 18:16 GMT

Reichu [ANF]
Angel
Angel

•      
  •      

Postby Reichu [ANF] » Mon Oct 22, 2007 1:43 am

HeWhoPostsStuff wrote:Heaven only knows what kinda parody I could make out of this...Adam and Lilith having Basil-Sybil-esque exchanges...but who'd be Manuel?

Well, "Manuel" is already an Angel-style name... So he ought to be an Angel in his own right! You're not completely talentless ;;p when it comes to character design... Maybe you could scribble something up during your dad's class. (Har har har!!)

Granted, I don't even remember who Manuel is... I'd better ..."acquire" more episodes of this thing.

Originally posted on: 10-Sep-2004, 02:32 GMT

Keisuke-kun [ANF]
Sachiel
Sachiel

•      
  •      

Postby Keisuke-kun [ANF] » Mon Oct 22, 2007 1:43 am

AchtungAffen wrote:IT reminds me of that Koni-chan episode in wich that purple squid cosplay character did the same Zeruel did to Eva-01 core, only this time as if it was the 4th Angel.

@Keisuke-kun
Hey, were you the one Washu-chan from the EvaML FAQ?

Considering I have no idea what your talking about...no. I think I only used Washu-chan on this board before I changed it...I could be wrong.

Maybe they cited me without telling me...I doubt it though. Could you point this other washu-chan out to me?

Originally posted on: 10-Sep-2004, 12:03 GMT

AchtungAffen [ANF]
Shamshel
Shamshel

•      
  •      

Postby AchtungAffen [ANF] » Mon Oct 22, 2007 1:43 am

On credits it cites the following:

Washuu-Chan
German video release
Death & Rebirth Calendar 1999 information
German comics release

Hmm, add a "u"...

You can check that here:
http://www.evangelion.ca/evamlfaq.html

Under "0.6) Who worked on this document?"

Originally posted on: 10-Sep-2004, 14:54 GMT

HeWhoPostsStuff [ANF]
Clockiel
Clockiel

•      
  •      

Postby HeWhoPostsStuff [ANF] » Mon Oct 22, 2007 1:43 am

I'll hafta show you Fawlty Towers sometime...dunno how much you go for British humor, but methinks it deserves a shot. Sharp-kun might even know more about it than me, seeing as he's from the UK (IIRC)...and in case you're still wondering, Manuel is the Spanish waiter who works at the hotel and unintentionally drives his employer nuts at a constant clip: as such, his name isn't pronounced the "cool" way, but rather the Spanish "Mahn-well." Not quite as impressive, but twice as funny, heh.

Originally posted on: 11-Sep-2004, 02:00 GMT

Reichu [ANF]
Angel
Angel

•      
  •      

Postby Reichu [ANF] » Mon Oct 22, 2007 1:43 am

HeWhoPostsStuff wrote:I'll hafta show you Fawlty Towers sometime...dunno how much you go for British humor, but methinks it deserves a shot.

You're talking about a person who can't go through a single day without somehow referencing either Monty Python or The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy!

Sharp-kun might even know more about it than me, seeing as he's from the UK (IIRC)...

He's not just from the UK, he's from Scotland! Or a secret base somewhere beneath it, anyway.

Originally posted on: 11-Sep-2004, 04:38 GMT

Return to “AnimeNation Archive”