Series ending, movie ending... same? different?

Notable old Evangelion threads from the AnimeNation Forums are preserved here.

Moderators: Monk Ed, Ornette

XxLinkinParkxX [ANF]
Embryo

•      
  •      

Postby XxLinkinParkxX [ANF] » Sat Oct 20, 2007 4:01 pm

Different

In the TV ending Instrumentality took place Toji had his Arm and leg and Kaji was back alive....

In the movie Shinji Declined Instrumentality because he wanted to experience pain because he knew that he would feel happiness too.

Originally posted on: 29-Jun-2005, 05:10 GMT

Reichu [ANF]
Angel
Angel

•      
  •      

Postby Reichu [ANF] » Sat Oct 20, 2007 4:01 pm

^ You need to hang around this place more.

Originally posted on: 29-Jun-2005, 05:18 GMT

XxLinkinParkxX [ANF]
Embryo

•      
  •      

Postby XxLinkinParkxX [ANF] » Sat Oct 20, 2007 4:02 pm

I just made an account lol I am looking around the Eva board to see if I can answer any questions.

Originally posted on: 29-Jun-2005, 05:24 GMT

OMF [ANF]
Clockiel
Clockiel

•      
  •      

Postby OMF [ANF] » Sat Oct 20, 2007 4:02 pm

Mr. Tines wrote:There was no point of revelation, no "Aha!" moment, shown, so no clear moment to draw the curtain to match EoTV. Nor, in the finale, any indication that the Shinji who returned was any the better for his experiences and the revelatory insights they offered him.

I'd argue that Shinji's handshake and "Arigato" is in some way the spiritual successor to the "It's OK for me to be here" scene from EoE. It was more or less the "Aha" moment for me.

Originally posted on: 29-Jun-2005, 13:37 GMT

Reichu [ANF]
Angel
Angel

•      
  •      

Postby Reichu [ANF] » Sat Oct 20, 2007 4:02 pm

XxLinkinParkxX wrote:I just made an account lol I am looking around the Eva board to see if I can answer any questions.

Just don't be surprised if, when you do, all of the grumpy old veterans pounce on you and promptly rip your intestines out. I would if I didn't have anything better to do.

Like sleep.

Originally posted on: 29-Jun-2005, 14:04 GMT

XxLinkinParkxX [ANF]
Embryo

•      
  •      

Postby XxLinkinParkxX [ANF] » Sat Oct 20, 2007 4:02 pm

Reichu wrote:Just don't be surprised if, when you do, all of the grumpy old veterans pounce on you and promptly rip your intestines out. I would if I didn't have anything better to do.

Like sleep.

That's fine, let them bash me or what not. I am only telling it how I see it. If they have a different way of viewing it then that's fine with me. Maybe I'll learn something didn't know about my favorite anime. That sucks that you cannot " rip my intestines out" due to you lack of sleep. I will be looking forward to it in the future. Sucks that we can't be friends, I mean we have a common goal, to learn as much about Eva as possible. .

Originally posted on: 29-Jun-2005, 14:26 GMT

Digitalex [ANF]
Lilith

•      
  •      

Postby Digitalex [ANF] » Sat Oct 20, 2007 4:02 pm

XxLinkinParkxX wrote:That's fine, let them bash me or what not. I am only telling it how I see it. If they have a different way of viewing it then that's fine with me. Maybe I'll learn something didn't know about my favorite anime. That sucks that you cannot " rip my intestines out" due to you lack of sleep. I will be looking forward to it in the future. Sucks that we can't be friends, I mean we have a common goal, to learn as much about Eva as possible. .

LOL! As with any forum, you need some thick skin. You'll understand Reichu's demeanor in time. A lot of people have been discussing Eva for years now unlike myself who has only really gotten into it over the last 5 months. Many have BTDT.

Originally posted on: 29-Jun-2005, 15:04 GMT

Soluzar [ANF]
Sahaquiel
Sahaquiel

•      
  •      

Postby Soluzar [ANF] » Sat Oct 20, 2007 4:02 pm

XxLinkinParkxX wrote:That's fine, let them bash me or what not. I am only telling it how I see it. If they have a different way of viewing it then that's fine with me. Maybe I'll learn something didn't know about my favorite anime. That sucks that you cannot " rip my intestines out" due to you lack of sleep. I will be looking forward to it in the future. Sucks that we can't be friends, I mean we have a common goal, to learn as much about Eva as possible. .

Nobody "bashed" you. I think that if you were willing to listen, that we could pursuade you, but I'm pretty sure you'll find Reichu was only being flippant rather than actually hostile. It takes slightly more than what you have so far done to make most of us hostile.

Originally posted on: 29-Jun-2005, 15:21 GMT

Reichu [ANF]
Angel
Angel

•      
  •      

Postby Reichu [ANF] » Sat Oct 20, 2007 4:02 pm

Flippant: Marked by disrespectful levity or casualness.

Well, I guess I can be that way sometimes. Newbies frequently misunderstand me. That's my cue to watch what I say to them, I suppose.

Linkin, essentially what I was saying (in my own strange way) is that, had I the energy, I would attempt to show you the error of your ways (as has been done with many-a-newbie in the past). Due to the bizarre functionings of my brain, I imagine this process of "newbie induction" as the veterans descending upon the hapless soul and viciously ripping out vis innards -- but, at the end of the day, they "get better", kind of like Prometheus.

Originally posted on: 29-Jun-2005, 15:31 GMT

Return to “AnimeNation Archive”