Character heights v.2

Notable old Evangelion threads from the AnimeNation Forums are preserved here.

Moderators: Monk Ed, Ornette

Mr. Nice [ANF]
Embryo

•      
  •      

Postby Mr. Nice [ANF] » Sat Oct 20, 2007 3:58 pm

AchtungAffen wrote:The ones shown are: blood type (A0), height (163) and sex (woman).

But... on her body measures if you look closely, you can see Misato has 80-something bust. A little part of the 8 is unmarked. These Gainax guys, always leaving something behind...

Note how the height is given in cm, not feet & inches. Simillarly with the bust size. 80cm=31.5 inches, which if anything is a little low compared to how she is drawn.

Originally posted on: 08-Jul-2005, 14:44 GMT

AchtungAffen [ANF]
Shamshel
Shamshel

•      
  •      

Postby AchtungAffen [ANF] » Sat Oct 20, 2007 3:58 pm

That might be because IIRC Japan uses metric system. Don't know how many countries still use the other one except the US and the UK (and I'm not sure about this last one).

Originally posted on: 08-Jul-2005, 15:07 GMT

HeWhoPostsStuff [ANF]
Clockiel
Clockiel

•      
  •      

Postby HeWhoPostsStuff [ANF] » Sat Oct 20, 2007 3:58 pm

To the best of my knowledge the UK uses the metric system, though I might be wrong. Almost everyplace except the US does: why stick with an easier-to-use system based on the nice round number ten when you can pull a random set of something out of your backside that greatly overcomplicates things and cuts us off from everyone else even more than we are already? Image

Originally posted on: 08-Jul-2005, 16:33 GMT

Mr. Nice [ANF]
Embryo

•      
  •      

Postby Mr. Nice [ANF] » Sat Oct 20, 2007 3:58 pm

HeWhoPostsStuff wrote:To the best of my knowledge the UK uses the metric system, though I might be wrong.

In the UK, it largely comes down to what you are measuring. The schools have been fully metric for decades, but imperial measurements are still in use all over the place. For long distances, miles are nigh on universially used over kilometres, while for short distances, whether you think in cm or inches basically comes down to how old you are. Cloth sizes (like waist/chest measurements, and of course bra sizes Image) are still in inches, and if you ask someone their height, you will almost always get an answer in feet/inches, and similarly with weight, it will be in stones/pounds (which is also the only circumstance in which you will ever here references to stones Image). food and other domestic commodities are largely in metric, although pounds linger on for fruit & veg, and of course drinks in pubs come in pints (and as referenced below, proper pints not the short changed American version Image).

HeWhoPostsStuff wrote:Almost everyplace except the US does: why stick with an easier-to-use system based on the nice round number ten when you can pull a random set of something out of your backside that greatly overcomplicates things and cuts us off from everyone else even more than we are already? Image

Heh, not to mention that the US fluid measurements (pint, galleon) are smaller then the Imperial pint & galleon used elsewhere Image.
(For reference, the US pint is 16 fluid ounces, while the Imperial pint is 20 fluid ounces, 25% bigger).

Originally posted on: 08-Jul-2005, 17:01 GMT

Sharp-kun [ANF]
Clockiel
Clockiel

•      
  •      

Postby Sharp-kun [ANF] » Sat Oct 20, 2007 3:59 pm

Fanboy argument amongst people here, whats Penpen's height?

Originally posted on: 21-Mar-2006, 00:51 GMT

Treize X [ANF]
Clockiel
Clockiel

•      
  •      

Postby Treize X [ANF] » Sat Oct 20, 2007 3:59 pm

I vote for somewhere around a stagnant two feet.

Originally posted on: 21-Mar-2006, 01:23 GMT

Seele08 [ANF]
Matarael
Matarael

•      
  •      

Postby Seele08 [ANF] » Sat Oct 20, 2007 3:59 pm

from the height chart I have of the cast Pen-Pen apears to be about two feet tall.

Originally posted on: 21-Mar-2006, 04:06 GMT

Return to “AnimeNation Archive”