Kaworu's synch with unit02

Notable old Evangelion threads from the AnimeNation Forums are preserved here.

Moderators: Monk Ed, Ornette

Sharp-kun [ANF]
Clockiel
Clockiel

•      
  •      

Postby Sharp-kun [ANF] » Sat Oct 20, 2007 3:45 pm

tv33 wrote:I try to block most of it out. :p

Fine NOT clones, just mindless robots. Better?

That seen by Reichu was also in the AMV "Bohemian Rapsody", the best AMV ever! Image

I'm contemplated making a Renewal version, but can't be bothered Image

Originally posted on: 22-Oct-2003, 21:13 GMT

tv33 [ANF]
Ramiel
Ramiel

•      
  •      

Postby tv33 [ANF] » Sat Oct 20, 2007 3:45 pm

Sharp-kun wrote:I'm contemplated making a Renewal version, but can't be bothered Image

You have Renewal? Damn it! I am starting to think I am the only one without it...

Originally posted on: 22-Oct-2003, 21:18 GMT

Dr. Nick [ANF]
Sahaquiel
Sahaquiel

•      
  •      

Postby Dr. Nick [ANF] » Sat Oct 20, 2007 3:45 pm

Sharp-kun wrote:2 possibilities:

1) Its to give the audience the idea that they're similar, to set up the plot .

2) It was the result of early experimentation with Eva technology, supported by a 14 year old being at the site, and the pylons.

Maybe Adam's pylons are same kind of restraints as with Evas. They were re-installing his S2, so they probably expected there to be some "twitching" involved...

"After the smoke clears out, check the wirings."

Reichu [ANF]
Angel
Angel

•      
  •      

Postby Reichu [ANF] » Sat Oct 20, 2007 3:45 pm

tv33 wrote:I try to block most of it out. :p

Hey... that hurt my feelings. :bawling:

Fine NOT clones, just mindless robots. Better?

::gives tv33 the glare of death::

I cannot emphasive the point enough that a clone, by definition, is an EXACT GENETIC DUPLICATE. And genetics determine appearance, i.e., if you're a clone of someone you look like them. We don't know exactly what Adam looked like, but the very fact that the Evas look different from one another means that they cannot be clones in the true sense of the word. If they were all clones of Adam, they would all look the same -- which they do not. They have different skin colors, eye colors/counts, and, in the case of those abominable harpies, a totally different head type and somewhat different body proportions.

Also, as if it weren't obvious enough, EVA-01 looks absolutely nothing like Lilith. She looks suspiciously like any other Eva to me.

I know I'm sounding quite redundant by now, but this "clone" stuff has to stop. It's a convenient term and all, but from a technical standpoint it doesn't hold any water.

Sharp-kun [ANF]
Clockiel
Clockiel

•      
  •      

Postby Sharp-kun [ANF] » Sat Oct 20, 2007 3:46 pm

tv33 wrote:You have Renewal? Damn it! I am starting to think I am the only one without it. Image

Theres a lot of people who don't Image

Making an AMV of it would involve too much effort, as I'd have to rip the DVD's, and I can't be bothered hunting for each scene.

I've got an idea for one inspired by Austin Powers 2 that I might do, with Gendo as Dr Evil, Rei as Mini Me, and Shinji as Scott Evil. :evil: I've already ripped some scenes from my old DVD's, so I'd probably just use them, I was planning to make it straight after my last AMV in time for my next con, but its on the back burner just now Image

Originally posted on: 22-Oct-2003, 21:23 GMT

tv33 [ANF]
Ramiel
Ramiel

•      
  •      

Postby tv33 [ANF] » Sat Oct 20, 2007 3:46 pm

Reichu wrote:Hey... that hurt my feelings. :bawling:

Gendo: Hurt so easily? You disappoint me.

Reichu wrote:::gives tv33 the glare of death::

Eeep! :scared:

Well "clone" is just much more easy to say then "Genetically similar facsimiles"

Would "GSF" be acceptable?

Originally posted on: 22-Oct-2003, 21:26 GMT

Reichu [ANF]
Angel
Angel

•      
  •      

Postby Reichu [ANF] » Sat Oct 20, 2007 3:46 pm

tv33 wrote:Well "clone" is just much more easy to say then "Genetically similar facsimiles"

Would "GSF" be acceptable?

Hey, that's pretty catchy. ::gives the Reichu Stamp of Approval:: Now you just need to come up with one to replace the inappropriate usage of "mecha".

Originally posted on: 22-Oct-2003, 21:31 GMT

Dr. Nick [ANF]
Sahaquiel
Sahaquiel

•      
  •      

Postby Dr. Nick [ANF] » Sat Oct 20, 2007 3:46 pm

Great, now we have LCL, N2, S2, FI, SI, TI, AU, SDSS, MPM, DP, HIP/HCP, LoL, FLoL, GoL, FoL, FoW, AEL, AWL, JSSDF, GSF and GNR. Thank Jebus for abbreviations, without them interpretating NGE would be damn confusing job.

Originally posted on: 22-Oct-2003, 21:47 GMT

Reichu [ANF]
Angel
Angel

•      
  •      

Dr. Nick wrote:Great, now we have LCL, N2, S2, FI, SI, TI, AU, SDSS, MPM, DP, HIP/HCP, LoL, FLoL, GoL, FoL, FoW, AEL, AWL, JSSDF, GSF and GNR. Thank Jebus for abbreviations, without them interpretating NGE would be damn confusing job.

You forgot EoE, GOS, UN, and MP. Image (Damn impressive list, though. I don't even know what half of those are!)

As for adding yet another one... How about "BEB" as a substitute for [cough]"mecha"[/cough]? (Can you figure out what it stands for?)

Originally posted on: 23-Oct-2003, 00:07 GMT

Sharp-kun [ANF]
Clockiel
Clockiel

•      
  •      

Postby Sharp-kun [ANF] » Sat Oct 20, 2007 3:46 pm

Reichu wrote:You forgot EoE, GOS, UN, and MP. Image (Damn impressive list, though. I don't even know what half of those are!)

As for adding yet another one... How about "BEB" as a substitute for [cough]"mecha"[/cough]? (Can you figure out what it stands for?)

Bio Engineered Bishie? Image

Originally posted on: 23-Oct-2003, 00:07 GMT

NakedEYE666 [ANF]
Sachiel
Sachiel

•      
  •      

Postby NakedEYE666 [ANF] » Sat Oct 20, 2007 3:46 pm

How about:

Bio-Electrical Beast?

If anything, I'd call the Evangelions Beasts. No offence intended.

Originally posted on: 23-Oct-2003, 00:11 GMT

Reichu [ANF]
Angel
Angel

•      
  •      

Sharp-kun wrote:Bio Engineered Bishie? Image

NaNIIIIII~?! The Evas, "bishies"? Not on your life! (Unless "bishie" somehow became an appreviation for BOTH bishounen and bishoujo, the latter of which my beauties most certainly are. :lolImage

But, yeah, you got the "bio-engineered" part right. The ending "B" can pretty much be whatever fits. "B*tch". "Beauty". "Beast". "Babe".

Though if anyone can come up with a catchier acronym, I'm game.

Originally posted on: 23-Oct-2003, 00:12 GMT

NakedEYE666 [ANF]
Sachiel
Sachiel

•      
  •      

Postby NakedEYE666 [ANF] » Sat Oct 20, 2007 3:46 pm

How about SVH - Satanic Vehicle of Hell?

Just kidding! Image

Originally posted on: 23-Oct-2003, 00:15 GMT

Dr. Nick [ANF]
Sahaquiel
Sahaquiel

•      
  •      

Postby Dr. Nick [ANF] » Sat Oct 20, 2007 3:46 pm

Reichu wrote:You forgot EoE, GOS, UN, and MP. Image (Damn impressive list, though. I don't even know what half of those are!)

Oh yes, and lets add RCB and D&R too.
By the way, does MP mean mass-produced Eva? I already had the plural form MPM, mass produced models, because I think harpies are most often referred to as a group.

And I am willing to add BEB on that list too, though I think it's soon going to be corrupted into just beebs -> babes.

Originally posted on: 23-Oct-2003, 06:46 GMT

Reichu [ANF]
Angel
Angel

•      
  •      

Dr. Nick wrote:Oh yes, and lets add RCB and D&R too.

Oh! And I forgot "NPC" ("new production cut") -- except I'm the only person who actually uses that one. Image

By the way, does MP mean mass-produced Eva? I already had the plural form MPM, mass produced models, because I think harpies are most often referred to as a group.

I never saw "MPM" specifically used, myself... I've used "MP Evas" or "MPs", though. "Harpies" is more fun, though.

And I am willing to add BEB on that list too, though I think it's soon going to be corrupted into just beebs -> babes.

"Beebs"? Image (Here's another one: BAMM for "badass maternal monstrosity". Not sure if that's as good as "BEB", though.)

I suppose now that we've come up with a couple of new acronyms, it's just a matter of getting people to use them! Things like "GNR" managed to catch on; I'll try to have some hope. Image

Originally posted on: 23-Oct-2003, 10:50 GMT

Reichu [ANF]
Angel
Angel

•      
  •      

Postby Reichu [ANF] » Sat Oct 20, 2007 3:47 pm

Classic geek-debate thread. Even if a lot of the ideas within are obsolete -- classic.

Originally posted on: 08-Oct-2004, 06:13 GMT

Knives [ANF]
Lilith

•      
  •      

Postby Knives [ANF] » Sat Oct 20, 2007 3:47 pm

... Yeah. I really need to check the dates before I start reading these things. I was racking my brain trying to figure out why you (Reichu) were saying all those crazy theories, then I noticed the date. ... wasted time reading two or three pages before I realized what was going on. Just goes to show, one should not read Eva threads at 4:15AM *sigh*

Originally posted on: 12-Oct-2004, 11:18 GMT

Reichu [ANF]
Angel
Angel

•      
  •      

Postby Reichu [ANF] » Sat Oct 20, 2007 3:47 pm

Knives wrote:... Yeah. I really need to check the dates before I start reading these things. I was racking my brain trying to figure out why you (Reichu) were saying all those crazy theories, then I noticed the date.

From your perspective, how is Reichu regurgitating crazy theories any different from the norm? Image

Originally posted on: 12-Oct-2004, 14:13 GMT

Knives [ANF]
Lilith

•      
  •      

Postby Knives [ANF] » Sat Oct 20, 2007 3:47 pm

Reichu wrote:From your perspective, how is Reichu regurgitating crazy theories any different from the norm? Image

... Image ... can I ... can I plead the Fifth? Image

Originally posted on: 13-Oct-2004, 08:43 GMT

Return to “AnimeNation Archive”