Kaworu's Purpose/Nature...

Notable old Evangelion threads from the AnimeNation Forums are preserved here.

Moderators: Monk Ed, Ornette

AchtungAffen [ANF]
Shamshel
Shamshel

•      
  •      

Postby AchtungAffen [ANF] » Sat Oct 20, 2007 3:46 pm

Well, Fuzzy should know that Anno wasn't the only one who wrote the script for the series and the movies. So, in his view, theoretically, the series would be a big unknown in canonicity, because we don't know wich parts where Anno's and wich were not.

And if he says "Well, its the TV series, Anno approved it", then he should also say "Hey, its the T.P's, the Project Eva staff, wich includes Anno, approved it"

Originally posted on: 29-Mar-2004, 22:21 GMT

Reichu [ANF]
Angel
Angel

•      
  •      

Postby Reichu [ANF] » Sat Oct 20, 2007 3:46 pm

AchtungAffen wrote:It does work because all Reis where made from the same flesh. All Reis were made from the salvaged Yui remains, and that makes her compatible with Yui as resident soul. And that's another evidence why the factor is a fleshly determination, and not a soul determination, because there is no relation between Yui's and Lillith's soul.

I still don't see any good reason why one Rei can synch with another Rei, but Shinji couldn't synch with, say, Gendou. In matters of synchronization, the genes seem to matter -- there has to be a genetic relationship between the pilot and the body that originally held the Eva's soul (though the latter point still doesn't make ANY sense to me). Why would they only use mothers and not fathers? Shinji is as much Gendou as he is Yui.

Originally posted on: 30-Mar-2004, 14:47 GMT

AchtungAffen [ANF]
Shamshel
Shamshel

•      
  •      

Postby AchtungAffen [ANF] » Sat Oct 20, 2007 3:46 pm

The gene factor is not enough, as you said, because then fathers could also play the role of resident souls.

But have in mind that Shinji once was in her mothers womb, Shinji once was the same flesh as Yui was. But Shinji never was the same flesh as Gendou.

If the non positive thinking about the relation about child-womb we can find with an Eva and the plug does not apply, then a more positive like the fleshly determination would do. The compatibility comes from the pilot once being flesh from its mothers flesh, or in the Rei case, from being the same flesh as herself.

Rei can synch with herself because she is the same flesh as the body of the resident soul once had. Shinji can synch with Yui, because once they were the same flesh, and the same happens with Asuka and her mother. This fleshly determination of course excludes the fathers, because the pilots where never the same flesh as their fathers.

That's the only common factor that can be found between the three pilots and the three resident souls.

Originally posted on: 30-Mar-2004, 18:00 GMT

Reichu [ANF]
Angel
Angel

•      
  •      

Postby Reichu [ANF] » Sat Oct 20, 2007 3:46 pm

I dunno... I still like my idea about only chicks' souls being eligible for going into Evas because the Evas are chicks themselves. Image

"Dude... These chicks are flat."

Originally posted on: 02-Apr-2004, 13:55 GMT

Magami No ER [ANF]
Tokyo-3 Resident
Tokyo-3 Resident

•      
  •      

Postby Magami No ER [ANF] » Sat Oct 20, 2007 3:46 pm

Reichu wrote:Make way for more stupid dialogues!

KEEL: Alright, boys... We need a new sacrifice against Ikari.
BRITAIN: This sounds familiar... What happened to that faux-blonde chick?
KEEL: Eh, all she did was disintegrate a bunch of nude teenage chicks before she got thrown in the brig. Didn't work out quite as well as planned.
FRANCE: Indeed. You and your lame-@$$ schemes are failing us almost as much as Ikari.
KEEL: Now, Pierre... I know you're a stingy bastard, but don't even think about starting a mutiny. You wouldn't be able to run SEELE even if you wanted to, and you know why? You're not German. You're not an Ubermensch-Cyborg like me. So there.
PIERRE: The French are still better.
KEEL: Whatever. Like I was saying, we need a new sacrifice against Herr Ikari, since he never DID agree to wear that Sebastian Dior cowbell we sent him, and, well, you know how the Ritsuko thing went.
AMERICA: So who is this time?
RUSSIA: Do I get to send my penguins after 'im?
KEEL: This time, we're going for blood.
RUSSIA: So my penguins get to kill someone?
KEEL: No penguins! Forget about the penguins! If I have to hear one more thing about penguins, I'm going to call up Bruce Wayne, you got that?
RUSSIA: Pfft, fine. Though I doubt you have anything more effective than my... sphenisciforms.
KEEL: You bet I DO. :whistles: Oh, Tab-by! Come here, my pet!
(hologram of wan, naked Japanese boy appears)
KAWORU: Yes, Master?
BRITAIN: Oh geez, not your little science project... I know he's part of the scenario, but did you HAVE to make him a clone of--
KEEL: Quiet, twit! You wouldn't understand! You've never fallen in love with the most talented Japanese musician to die a premature death! (sob)
AMERICA (whispers): Can't say *I* have, either.
KEEL: Oh, what wonderful music we played together, Akira and I...!
KAWORU: Erm, excuse me, Sir?
KEEL: (snaps out of his nostalgia) Oh, right, right. Tabris! I want you... (ominous queue plays) ...to seduce Ikari's son!
(all of the SEELE members gasp in horror)
PIERRE: Don't tell me THAT'S part of the scenario...
KAWORU: With all due respect, Sir, what will THAT achieve?
KEEL: More doujinshi than I care to even think about. No one in their right mind would draw yaoi about me, but the effeminate, charismatic, 14-year-old clone of my beloved Akira? Bring it on, baby!
KAWORU: As you wish, Master. (hologram vanishes)
PIERRE: You don't wear that visor because you have a problem with your eyesight, do you, Keel?
KEEL: Mind your own business, froggy.

Erm, that's enough of THAT...

:Bump: Good thread...blah, blah....
Anyway Reichu, did I happen to tell you that this piece of dialoague was a major source of inspiration for my doujinshii? Image Only now...Akira is Katsuragi, making things more fun.....

Originally posted on: 10-Feb-2005, 03:23 GMT

Return to “AnimeNation Archive”