Eva 00's insides *spoilers*

Notable old Evangelion threads from the AnimeNation Forums are preserved here.

Moderators: Monk Ed, Ornette

Fuzzy Chickens [ANF]
Shamshel
Shamshel

•      
  •      

Postby Fuzzy Chickens [ANF] » Sat Oct 20, 2007 3:35 pm

Reichu wrote:I bet you'd like the idea that Yamashita apparently wrote and illustrated a scenario for the NGE movie even more.

Wow... that would have been scary. Can you imagine EoE being written by someone who had only seen the first 9 episodes? SOO many plot contradictions would have happened...

Originally posted on: 11-Mar-2004, 01:07 GMT

thewayneiac [ANF]
Sachiel
Sachiel

•      
  •      

Postby thewayneiac [ANF] » Sat Oct 20, 2007 3:35 pm

MDWigs wrote:I've got to make the most of my time here. Image

I'm going down to London again this weekend (to go to a Powderfinger concert - Powderfinger are the biggest Aussie band of the moment, yet I never once saw them play live back home. They're from Brisbane too!)

I have a month off for Easter break too coming up. I don't know what to do with myself! Image

I will try to reply to the ten plus specific topics that different people have requested I look at.

Are Powderfinger named after a Neil Young song, or is that just a coincidence?

Originally posted on: 11-Mar-2004, 01:48 GMT

NakedEYE666 [ANF]
Sachiel
Sachiel

•      
  •      

Postby NakedEYE666 [ANF] » Sat Oct 20, 2007 3:35 pm

thewayneiac wrote:Are Powderfinger named after a Neil Young song, or is that just a coincidence?

Are you the same gentleman I was discussing CSN with on the other thread?

Uh anyway, I've never known where the word "Powderfinger" came from in the first place. That's when I immediatly thought of when I head of the band, but I've heard other people mention them when I'm talking about the song. In other words, I can't answer your question. A great song though! Image

Originally posted on: 11-Mar-2004, 02:13 GMT

Reichu [ANF]
Angel
Angel

•      
  •      

Postby Reichu [ANF] » Sat Oct 20, 2007 3:35 pm

Fuzzy Chickens wrote:Wow... that would have been scary. Can you imagine EoE being written by someone who had only seen the first 9 episodes? SOO many plot contradictions would have happened...

Perhaps if you're part of the team working on the actual product, it's possible to know what's going on without watching the finished show. Arguably, staff members would have a better idea of what's going on in NGE than us, regardless of whether they've seen the anime or not. They worked on the bloody thing, after all.

Regardless, yes, Yamashita's movie scenario is very scary. Asuka turns into a "werewolf". Image

Originally posted on: 11-Mar-2004, 13:50 GMT

thewayneiac [ANF]
Sachiel
Sachiel

•      
  •      

Postby thewayneiac [ANF] » Sat Oct 20, 2007 3:35 pm

NakedEYE666 wrote:Are you the same gentleman I was discussing CSN with on the other thread?

Nope, it wasn't me. Which thread was that?

Originally posted on: 12-Mar-2004, 08:12 GMT

HeWhoPostsStuff [ANF]
Clockiel
Clockiel

•      
  •      

Postby HeWhoPostsStuff [ANF] » Sat Oct 20, 2007 3:35 pm

NakedEYE666 wrote:Are you the same gentleman I was discussing CSN with on the other thread?

Heh heh, that was me, the Anti-Neil. Image But methinks any further stuff about that oughta be restricted to PMs, that subject was just a little too high on the off-topic-meter, methinks. Image

Originally posted on: 11-Mar-2004, 21:00 GMT

Reichu [ANF]
Angel
Angel

•      
  •      

More classic stuff from the Reign of Fuzzy Chickens...

Originally posted on: 05-Mar-2005, 14:31 GMT

Mr. Tines [ANF]
Bardiel
Bardiel

•      
  •      

Postby Mr. Tines [ANF] » Sat Oct 20, 2007 3:35 pm

Reichu wrote:Regardless, yes, Yamashita's movie scenario is very scary. Asuka turns into a "werewolf". Image

Is that as in Abwehr resistance fighter, or à la Ginger Snaps?

Now, where can one get Eva merchandise from alternate universes...?

Originally posted on: 05-Mar-2005, 15:46 GMT

Reichu [ANF]
Angel
Angel

•      
  •      

Mr. Tines wrote:Is that as in Abwehr resistance fighter, or à la Ginger Snaps?

If I knew what either of those things were, perhaps I could provide an answer. Image

Originally posted on: 05-Mar-2005, 19:20 GMT

Soluzar [ANF]
Sahaquiel
Sahaquiel

•      
  •      

Postby Soluzar [ANF] » Sat Oct 20, 2007 3:35 pm

Reichu wrote:If I knew what either of those things were, perhaps I could provide an answer. Image

"Ginger Snaps" was one of the best werewolf movies of recent years. Absolutely brilliant. I saw it in a midnight Halowe'en double-bill a while ago, and I can't reccomend it wholeheartedly enough. I don't even really like scary movies that much, the other half of that double-bill (Dracula 2000) left me totally cold.

Originally posted on: 05-Mar-2005, 19:29 GMT

Shin-seiki [ANF]
Armisael
Armisael

•      
  •      

Postby Shin-seiki [ANF] » Sat Oct 20, 2007 3:35 pm

Reichu wrote:If I knew what either of those things were, perhaps I could provide an answer. Image

Abwehr resistance fighters is a reference to die-hard Nazis who were supposed to continue to fight, even after Germany surrendered, analogous to the Saddam Fedeyeen in Iraq. I don't think they amounted to much, as far as affecting the post-war situation in Germany.
I'm afraid I don't get the reference to Ginger Snaps tho...

Originally posted on: 05-Mar-2005, 19:32 GMT

Mr. Tines [ANF]
Bardiel
Bardiel

•      
  •      

Postby Mr. Tines [ANF] » Sat Oct 20, 2007 3:36 pm

Shin-seiki wrote:Abwehr resistance fighters is a reference to die-hard Nazis who were supposed to continue to fight, even after Germany surrendered, analogous to the Saddam Fedeyeen in Iraq.

And, crucially, referred to as werewolves: http://www.americandaily.com/article/5322 gives

During the closing days of World War II, Nazi leader Heinrich Himmler founded the Nazi Werewolf movement. The aim of this terrorist group was to attack and kill Allied forces, who occupied former Nazi-held territory which later included Germany itself. Werewolf activity continued until at least 1947 and many reports indicate that the Nazi resistance movement was still active as late as 1950.

Originally posted on: 05-Mar-2005, 19:36 GMT

Reichu [ANF]
Angel
Angel

•      
  •      

Postby Reichu [ANF] » Sat Oct 20, 2007 3:36 pm

Ah, I suppose that explains the title of the movie "Jin-Roh" (Man-Wolf). Never saw it, but it had something to do with Nazis, yes?

Later I'll scan "werewolf Asuka" and let you be the judge.

Originally posted on: 05-Mar-2005, 19:59 GMT

Return to “AnimeNation Archive”