Unit 00 and Naoko Akagi

Notable old Evangelion threads from the AnimeNation Forums are preserved here.

Moderators: Monk Ed, Ornette

Sharp-kun [ANF]
Clockiel
Clockiel

•      
  •      

Postby Sharp-kun [ANF] » Sat Oct 20, 2007 3:09 pm

Reichu wrote:You seem to have a penchant for that, Sharp-kun... Personally, I think more thorough and less rushed posts make for a more cohesive debate (since you're taking the time to participate in the first place). After all, this is a forum, not a chat room. Last I checked, anyway.

But, hey, you're the mod. ::Japanese bow::

I'm a very busy person, and this is a big place to mod Image

Originally posted on: 16-Nov-2003, 22:22 GMT

NakedEYE666 [ANF]
Sachiel
Sachiel

•      
  •      

Postby NakedEYE666 [ANF] » Sat Oct 20, 2007 3:09 pm

I just noticed that there are still tons of people who beleive Naoko is in EVA 00.

Originally posted on: 03-Feb-2004, 19:43 GMT

Reichu [ANF]
Angel
Angel

•      
  •      

Postby Reichu [ANF] » Sat Oct 20, 2007 3:09 pm

NakedEYE666 wrote:I just noticed that there are still tons of people who beleive Naoko is in EVA 00.

So you're resurrecting this thread even though very little of it is actually about what the subject is supposed to be? Image

Originally posted on: 03-Feb-2004, 21:40 GMT

NakedEYE666 [ANF]
Sachiel
Sachiel

•      
  •      

Postby NakedEYE666 [ANF] » Sat Oct 20, 2007 3:09 pm

Reichu wrote:So you're resurrecting this thread even though very little of it is actually about what the subject is supposed to be? Image

Eh, yeah, sure Image

Death & Rebirth.... that's what the Evangelion forum is about. Or was that the name of an Evangelion moive... nah, it was definetly the forum slogan.

Originally posted on: 03-Feb-2004, 22:13 GMT

Reichu [ANF]
Angel
Angel

•      
  •      

Just bumping this thread for the hell of it. I was reading through it again (instead of getting sleep for the Portfolio & Presentation class I have in a matter of hours like a sane person would) and laughing my arse off (A) the ludicrous lengths to which this thread goes off-topic (the mechanics of 2I and 3I are discussed far more than EVA-00's nonexistent relationship to Naoko) and (B) various content that is, simply, just plain funny. (Very rarely does Dr. Nick somehow fail to make me laugh. The good kind of laughter that you're supposed to get a healthy dose of every day. Gotta give that diaphragm a workout!)

Granted, most of the things discussed here have been elaborated upon in subsequent threads (the 2I/3I stuff, mostly), so there's no real need to continue discussion in this thread particularly. It's kind of interesting to see how much progress we nerds have made in a relatively short amount of time, though. Image

Time to get some sleep. (And I'll see you in class, HWPS!)

Originally posted on: 26-Feb-2004, 20:20 GMT

Reichu [ANF]
Angel
Angel

•      
  •      

This thread is classic! Must be bumped (again)!

Originally posted on: 11-Feb-2005, 15:06 GMT

millinniummany3 [ANF]
Gaghiel
Gaghiel

•      
  •      

Postby millinniummany3 [ANF] » Sat Oct 20, 2007 3:09 pm

Say, reading through this gave me an idea as to why Rei has the personnality she has. We all know she is a clone of Yui. Yui is understandably upset at Ritsuko slipping it to her man. Maybe because Rei is essentially Yui her personnality had been carefully molded so that she is a near mute doll. Why would they do that? If Rei was left to her own devices she might well have done something about some of what was going on.

Originally posted on: 11-Feb-2005, 23:07 GMT

Soluzar [ANF]
Sahaquiel
Sahaquiel

•      
  •      

Postby Soluzar [ANF] » Sat Oct 20, 2007 3:09 pm

millinniummany3 wrote:Say, reading through this gave me an idea as to why Rei has the personnality she has. We all know she is a clone of Yui. Yui is understandably upset at Ritsuko slipping it to her man. Maybe because Rei is essentially Yui her personnality had been carefully molded so that she is a near mute doll. Why would they do that? If Rei was left to her own devices she might well have done something about some of what was going on.

Rei's personality has almost nothing to do with that of Yui. All she got was the physical aspects of Yui. The sole reason for her personality being as introverted as it is, is the fact that Gendo and his cronies isolated her from human contact for most of her life.

Originally posted on: 11-Feb-2005, 23:13 GMT

millinniummany3 [ANF]
Gaghiel
Gaghiel

•      
  •      

Postby millinniummany3 [ANF] » Sat Oct 20, 2007 3:10 pm

It makes you wonder, if Gendou cares for Rei so much because he see Yui in her, why he would do things like that. Easier to utilise in Instrumentality I suppose...don't want to get it into her head that doing it might be wrong.

Originally posted on: 11-Feb-2005, 23:19 GMT

Soluzar [ANF]
Sahaquiel
Sahaquiel

•      
  •      

Postby Soluzar [ANF] » Sat Oct 20, 2007 3:10 pm

millinniummany3 wrote:It makes you wonder, if Gendou cares for Rei so much because he see Yui in her, why he would do things like that. Easier to utilise in Instrumentality I suppose...don't want to get it into her head that doing it might be wrong.

It does indeed make me wonder. Gendo is truly a strange, fascinating and horrifying creature. Rei appears to be one of the few people he really cares for, and he treats her like this? Extraodinary. I doubt I will ever understand him.

Originally posted on: 11-Feb-2005, 23:39 GMT

Reichu [ANF]
Angel
Angel

•      
  •      

Postby Reichu [ANF] » Sat Oct 20, 2007 3:10 pm

millinniummany3 wrote:Yui is understandably upset at Ritsuko slipping it to her man.

I don't recall there being a shred of evidence that this is the case... If Yui is pissed about anything, it's the way Gendo treated their son after her "death". Yui seems to give Gendo the chomp in #26' -- his "retribution", and, ultimately, rejection -- precisely for this reason.

Originally posted on: 11-Feb-2005, 23:44 GMT

millinniummany3 [ANF]
Gaghiel
Gaghiel

•      
  •      

That was one of the ideas thrown around, and given how both times Unit Zero went beserk she went after Ritsuko, it's one that makes sense. Ritsuko herself says how it went after her. Also remember how Rei went after Naoko. While that doesn't prove that it was Yui going after Ritsuko it is a possibility, one that I understood was something people on the thread thought was quite possible.

Originally posted on: 12-Feb-2005, 01:18 GMT

Soluzar [ANF]
Sahaquiel
Sahaquiel

•      
  •      

That was one of the ideas thrown around, and given how both times Unit Zero went beserk she went after Ritsuko, it's one that makes sense. Ritsuko herself says how it went after her. Also remember how Rei went after Naoko. While that doesn't prove that it was Yui going after Ritsuko it is a possibility, one that I understood was something people on the thread thought was quite possible.

How exactly is this a possibility? Yui is most assuredly not the resident soul of Zerogouki. I am sure of few things, but this is one of them! Look, you need to let go of this idea of Rei having any real connection to Yui. It is a fallacious notion. They share some of the same genetic code. Clearly not all of the same genetic code, even, since Yui's hair and eye colours are different to those of Rei. That is all they share. Nothing more. All of the times in the series where Yui is equated with Rei it is purely an indicator of the resemblence which they have in they minds of others. They have no similarities beyond a few physical details. Trust me. You'll feel better once you let go that idea. It will hold back your understanding of Rei's true nature.

Originally posted on: 12-Feb-2005, 01:59 GMT

millinniummany3 [ANF]
Gaghiel
Gaghiel

•      
  •      

That was just in reply to what some people were saying. Anyway, it doesn't bother me that much either way.

Originally posted on: 12-Feb-2005, 02:06 GMT

Soluzar [ANF]
Sahaquiel
Sahaquiel

•      
  •      

You may or may not find this thread usefull if you care to find out more about Rei and Zero. There are several other threads that are worth reading if you are interested, but since I'm lazy about these things, I may have to leave it to others to post those linkys. If I find the threads, I'll edit this post.

Originally posted on: 12-Feb-2005, 02:18 GMT

millinniummany3 [ANF]
Gaghiel
Gaghiel

•      
  •      

No, don't worry about it. Unless I say otherwise whatever I think or wonder is just idle curiosity as opposed to a burning question I need answered.

Originally posted on: 12-Feb-2005, 02:33 GMT

Reichu [ANF]
Angel
Angel

•      
  •      

Postby Reichu [ANF] » Sat Oct 20, 2007 3:10 pm

It's not really clear WHY Rei goes down to taunt Naoko. I've heard the idea that she was "channeling" Yui, and Yui's eyes are green (color of envy), blah blah blah... Overall, this really doesn't work for me -- ever notice how Yui is portrayed as a total saint (whenever she's not ripping things apart, that is)? Envy was never made out to be one of her motivators. Now the Akagis, on the other hand...

If it was in Yui's interest to kill Ritsuko, she had many opportunities to do so. But EVA-00 is the only one do go after Ritsuko -- for reasons already covered.

Originally posted on: 12-Feb-2005, 02:59 GMT

Return to “AnimeNation Archive”