Pre-3I Kitchen Scene: Memory or Mind-Meld?

Notable old Evangelion threads from the AnimeNation Forums are preserved here.

Moderators: Monk Ed, Ornette

Reichu [ANF]
Angel
Angel

•      
  •      

Postby Reichu [ANF] » Sat Oct 20, 2007 3:06 pm

Wayne wrote:I don't believe Anno thought about this problem for one second. Shinji ejected the plug and it fell to Earth on its own. As he is alive we must just accept the fact that he survived without thinking about it too much.

For those who simply must have an explanation, you can always say (as I posited earlier) that Yui used her magic powers to guarantee a safe landing.

Exactly, she formed a new uninjured body but manifested the bandages because she thought she would still be injured.

If she THOUGHT she would still be injured, wouldn't that have caused her new body to possess the injuries? "If you imagine yourself this way, that is what you will be."

Well, he did re-create his body, but not in the same way as Asuka did, and any other returning characters would do. He recreated his body the same way he did in Ep. 20. He re-formed his original body, which still existed in the entry plug in disolved form.

Actually, in episode #20, it didn't quite work that way.

Any LCL will do, really.

OMF wrote:No. I got it. I just also think that the ultimate fate of Asuka's corpse was as a tasty Nerv pilot snack treat in a crunchy entry plug coating. Is this so wrong? Image

The harpies didn't even savor eyeballs. You think they would have cared for a capsule of metal? I imagine they just chucked it (whatever was left of it, anyway) to the side when they split Kyoko's corpse amongst themselves.

Originally posted on: 08-Jun-2005, 02:30 GMT

Dr. Nick [ANF]
Sahaquiel
Sahaquiel

•      
  •      

Postby Dr. Nick [ANF] » Sat Oct 20, 2007 3:07 pm

OMF wrote:Well that settles it. The entry plug was meant to have simply plummeted down. I wonder if unwillingness to stretch anime-physics was the reason? Or did it simply look bad. The rising in the water.falling to earth overlay was a much better, if less direct choice.

It could have been a pretty damn cool scene, IMO. But anyhow, the plug simply falling down to earth isn't a problem technically-wise:

1. As it's shown in eps. 18 and 23, the plug is made of HELLUVA TOUGH material. I don't see atmospheric re-entry being a problem for it.
2. The LCL probably works as an additional heat shield, protecting the pilot.
3. Also, judging from episode 05 (Zero's first nutzoid-scene), it appears that the plugs have ejection rockets installed on one end and brake rockets on the other. Although the latter ones don't work as they should in this scene (probably because the plug hits the roof and the cage wall, slowing itself down), there's no reason to believe such a system isn't employed - after all, even the umbilical cord sockets have their own retro rockets to break their fall. Maybe the plugs also have parachutes?

Originally posted on: 08-Jun-2005, 20:57 GMT

Return to “AnimeNation Archive”