Why do we need a AnimeNation Archive?

Important site and forum news, announcements, and feedback goes here.

Moderator: Board Staff

CitizenGeek
Ireul
Ireul

•      
  •      

Postby CitizenGeek » Fri Oct 19, 2007 6:44 pm

Reichu wrote:
CitizenGeek wrote:Indeed, I don't like the way EGF has become so closely tied to ANF in such a short period of time.

What do you mean?

I said that before Ornette informed me of what was going on. And I was talking about how ANF members appeared at the "users online" section at the bottom of the forum home page.
I thought what I'd do was, I'd pretend I was one of those deaf mutes.

Trigger's Elysium
Lilin
Lilin

•      
  •      

Postby Trigger's Elysium » Fri Oct 19, 2007 9:45 pm

Someone link me to the fun Revelations where the shitstorms of disillusionment to Eva fandom start beginning.
He was warrior and mystic, ogre and saint, the fox and the innocent, chivalrous, ruthless, less than a god, more than a man. There is no measuring Muad'Dib's motives by ordinary standards. In the moment of his triumph, he saw the death prepared for him, yet he accepted the treachery. Can you say he did this out of a sense of justice? Whose justice, then? Remember, we speak now of the Muad'Dib who ordered battle drums made from his enemies' skins, the Muad'Dib who denied the conventions of his ducal past with a wave of the hand, saying merely: "I am the Kwisatz Haderach. That is reason enough."

Anonymous_Evafan
Minion
Minion

•      
  •      

Postby Anonymous_Evafan » Fri Oct 19, 2007 9:47 pm

Just click on the new forum, Ornette already added them.
Oh, but God forbid any of these theories have any validity! After all, we are just brainwashing innocent people with Reichu's fanclub propaganda!--Trigger's Elysium sarcasm for the masses!

Ornette
Administrator
Administrator

•      
  •      

Postby Ornette » Fri Oct 19, 2007 9:47 pm

those being uploaded now, 4 bots from 2 locations.

EDIT: BTW, for you guys reading through, let me know if you see any mistakes (formatting errors, etc)

Defectron
Tentacle Girl
Tentacle Girl

•      
  •      

Postby Defectron » Fri Oct 19, 2007 11:43 pm

Why exactly do the names listed on the bottom of the page sometimes have (ANF) listed after them? Reichus name which I've seen on the board doesnt have this but it does have this at the bottom of the page. Off the top of my head I'm guessing that the people who have "ANF" after their names have two accounts, one of which has that and one of which doesn't. Why is this?
Parasite Galaxy: An experimental webcomic

http://www.parasitegalaxy.com/ Updates Monday and Thursday. Vote for me on top webcomics

If you want to support this comic buy something from me on amazon

Ornette
Administrator
Administrator

•      
  •      

Postby Ornette » Fri Oct 19, 2007 11:50 pm

That's the users that had posts on ANF. Reichu has an account on ANF. In order to keep things separate (between the archive and the rest of the forum) all the users that posted in the threads that got archived has a [ANF] appended to the end.

They're showing up at the users currently logged in because I have bots uploading their posts. Essentially, the bot reads the raw HTML, extracts a post, extracts the poster, appends an [ANF] to the name, converts the raw HTML to BBCode, convert the URLs to evageeks.org, logs into the forum as the poster (+[ANF]), goes to the appropriate thread, and posts the message. It does this for every poster in the entire thread, that's why you see a bunch of them at the bottom of the forum.

SEELE 08
Arael
Arael

•      
  •      

Postby SEELE 08 » Sat Oct 20, 2007 12:03 am

ugh, this crap gets dredged up again...well there goes the end of and pretense of neutrality at this board!
I heart Encyclopedia Dramatica!
THAT WIKI/Aspergers

Reichu
Admin Emeritus
Admin Emeritus

•      
  •      

Postby Reichu » Sat Oct 20, 2007 2:42 am

Trigger's Elysium wrote:Someone link me to the fun Revelations where the shitstorms of disillusionment to Eva fandom start beginning.

Reichu just going manic and spouting nonsense (and occasionally something substantial) at warp speed isn't enough fun for ya?

That particular time period was such a mess that everything was really scattered all over; the sense of disillusionment essentially seeped into just about every forum thread at the time. That said, I'm not entirely sure where "disillusionment with Reichu" mutated into a larger "disillusionment with Eva fandom". The "Kaworu and the Imaginary Monoliths" thread might have been what did it. One major argument thread was called something like "Is Evangelion flawed?". I hereby file a request for this and any similar threads (of some merit) in the same time frame.

SEELE 08 wrote:ugh, this crap gets dredged up again...well there goes the end of and pretense of neutrality at this board!

Sardonic comments are unappreciated. Unless you can opine in a straightforward and even constructive manner, you're effectively not adding anything to the conversation.

Making these kinds of comments is your "thing" and all, but I think we can all likely do without them. Anything further on this matter goes to PM.
さらば、全てのEvaGeeks。
「滅びの運命は新生の喜びでもある」
Departure Message | The Arqa Apocrypha: An Evangelion Analysis Blog

ObsessiveMathsFreak
Admin Emeritus
Admin Emeritus

•      
  •      

Postby ObsessiveMathsFreak » Sat Oct 20, 2007 8:46 am

SEELE 08 wrote:ugh, this crap gets dredged up again...well there goes the end of and pretense of neutrality at this board!

The threads are being archived primarily as a matter of historical interest. There is a lot of interesting discussion in there, only some of which is outright fanwankery. The criterion for archival was simply that the thread was a memorable one, not that it lauded any specific viewpoint.
[Became an administrator on or before October 4th, 2007.]
May The Maths Be With You.

EvaCub
Ireul
Ireul

•      
  •      

Postby EvaCub » Sat Oct 20, 2007 10:34 am

On the golden age of Eva Forum boards:
Will that come back again after Rebuild is finished?
Or will we not have to analyze all over again?
hopefully we do

I Like the ANF threads being posted up
good thing for reading over and such
My Anime List
Apjak:"Basically, to make an A.T. field gun, you'd have to make a gun that fires Evangelions. Not a very efficient use.
SailorStarDust:"No, everything has SOME meaning to it in Eva!"
Reichu on Sequel Theory:lights bandwagon on fire again:

Sailor Star Dust
Kept you waiting, huh?
Kept you waiting, huh?

•      
  •      

Postby Sailor Star Dust » Sat Oct 20, 2007 10:52 am

If you're asking if Rebuild would be analyzed/have it's own Commentary on Evapedia, etc, I have no idea but I'd think so. *shrugs*

Now if you're asking if Rebuild was discussed in any of those ANF threads, nothing I've read comes to mind.
~Take care of yourself, I need you~

CitizenGeek
Ireul
Ireul

•      
  •      

Postby CitizenGeek » Sat Oct 20, 2007 11:03 am

I'm looking forward to reading through the threads. They'll all be locked, right? So EGF members are not going to be able to post in these archived threads, right?

Trigger's Elysium wrote:Someone link me to the fun Revelations where the shitstorms of disillusionment to Eva fandom start beginning.

So, before those absurd "Revelations" came about, was Evangelion internet fandom as warped as it now?
I thought what I'd do was, I'd pretend I was one of those deaf mutes.

Reichu
Admin Emeritus
Admin Emeritus

•      
  •      

Postby Reichu » Sat Oct 20, 2007 11:03 am

@SSD: I think EvaCub was wondering aloud if Rebuild will inspire a resurgence of "inspired debate" akin to ANF's "golden era".

CitizenGeek wrote:So, before those absurd "Revelations" came about, was Evangelion internet fandom as warped as it now?

(Hey, dissing the Revelations is my job! ;;p )

I think it basically acted as a catalyst to draw out and exacerbate the sentiments of the "skeptics". Plus, for a brief time, "fanwankerific" discussion became, in a way, larger than life -- it stretched its skin. Even though the levels of conversation returned to the status quo mere months after the revelations crap broke out, I've always had this sense that "fanwankery" continued to be perceived as a bloated and grotesque monstrosity. Hell, even to this day. Why -- I have no idea, but now I'm veering dangerously close to the territory of another thread.

More to the point... Old threads left over from the various main hangouts would provide the "answer" to whether or not NGE fandom has always been "warped".
Last edited by Reichu on Sat Oct 20, 2007 11:22 am, edited 1 time in total.
さらば、全てのEvaGeeks。
「滅びの運命は新生の喜びでもある」

Mr. Tines
Administrator
Administrator

•      
  •      

Postby Mr. Tines » Sat Oct 20, 2007 11:12 am

http://evageeks.org/forum/viewtopic.php?t=3768
http://evageeks.org/forum/viewtopic.php?t=3769
http://evageeks.org/forum/viewtopic.php?t=3770
http://evageeks.org/forum/viewtopic.php?t=3771

CitizenGeek wrote:So, before those absurd "Revelations" came about, was Evangelion internet fandom as warped as it now?

Revelations was very late in the useful lifespan of ANF's eva board -- see for yourself in some of the classic (pre-Revelations) threads like

http://evageeks.org/forum/viewtopic.php?t=3783
http://evageeks.org/forum/viewtopic.php?t=3781
http://evageeks.org/forum/viewtopic.php?t=3782
http://evageeks.org/forum/viewtopic.php?t=3759
Reminder: Play nicely <<>> My vanity publishing:- NGE|blog|Photos|retro-blog|Fanfics &c.|MAL|𝕏|🐸|🦣

Reichu
Admin Emeritus
Admin Emeritus

•      
  •      

Postby Reichu » Sat Oct 20, 2007 11:34 am

@Tines: The hijacked "embryo" thread is part of the "Revelations threads" family, too.

The lulz start here (more or less). Gawd, the horror...
さらば、全てのEvaGeeks。
「滅びの運命は新生の喜びでもある」

Sailor Star Dust
Kept you waiting, huh?
Kept you waiting, huh?

•      
  •      

Postby Sailor Star Dust » Sat Oct 20, 2007 11:57 am

Uh, why does the "Shinji's sexuality" thread have all that Common Misconceptions stuff in it? Does it relate to that topic or was it a thread-split or something? (And lol at Gendou wanting to try some "Classic Impregnation Techniques" with Yui. :lol: )

Ornette
Administrator
Administrator

•      
  •      

Postby Ornette » Sat Oct 20, 2007 12:56 pm

Sailor Star Dust wrote:Uh, why does the "Shinji's sexuality" thread have all that Common Misconceptions stuff in it? Does it relate to that topic or was it a thread-split or something? (And lol at Gendou wanting to try some "Classic Impregnation Techniques" with Yui. :lol: )

uhh. I think I fucked that up. Couldn't connect to the boards last night for some reason so lots of things aren't completely up there yet.

Sailor Star Dust
Kept you waiting, huh?
Kept you waiting, huh?

•      
  •      

Postby Sailor Star Dust » Sat Oct 20, 2007 2:43 pm

Actually, I noticed that on the initial Eva Commentary forum, too, and tried to reply to that somewhere but I don't think anybody noticed my post.

Ornette
Administrator
Administrator

•      
  •      

Postby Ornette » Sat Oct 20, 2007 2:54 pm

Sailor Star Dust wrote:Actually, I noticed that on the initial Eva Commentary forum, too, and tried to reply to that somewhere but I don't think anybody noticed my post.

Yeah, I noticed that as well (was thinking, no there's no way I got those 2 thread ID's mixed up). Will just have to upload it from source when I get to the ones in the queue.

Return to “EvaGeeks News and Feedback”