Reichu's Revelations: Rei, Kaworu, and Everything in Between

Notable old Evangelion threads from the AnimeNation Forums are preserved here.

Moderators: Monk Ed, Ornette

Reichu [ANF]
Angel
Angel

•      
  •      

Postby Reichu [ANF] » Fri Oct 19, 2007 10:18 pm

Kaworu's "instincts" might have been outta whack because ve's "tainted" by those horrible Lilim genes. Either that, or ve was having too many cell phone conversations with Kaji.
Kaji "Hey, kid, how you doing?"
Kaworu "I could be better."
Kaji "What's up?"
Kaworu "I'm in mourning. Again."
Kaji "Why? ...... Oh, right."
Kaworu "Yeah."
Kaji "Well, I have some good news for you. I found your mom in HQ's basement."
Kaworu "Oh, really? Cool. I'll have to scope it out whenever Papa Keel sends me over there to expire or flourish depending on fate."
Kaji "Well... uh... I might be wrong. I just delivered the sample. The thing looked kind of fat and marshmallowy for the progenitor of the Evas. And a lot of it was missing. And it had tons of little legs coming out of it. Plus it bled yellow crap."
Kaworu "That sounds a little strange. I don't remember ever doing that. Then, Lilim technology cannot be trusted to reconstruct my original body reliably. Heh. But I'm sure I'll be able to find out for sure. Angel Sense, and all."
Kaji "You sure yours isn't busted up?"
Kaworu "I can't discount the possibility. Which reminds me... How is... she doing?"
Kaji "She?"
Kaworu "The daughter of that Dr. Katsuragi fellow. The man who led the expedition to the South Pole."
Kaji "Oh. My old girlfriend?"
Kaworu "Among other things."
Kaji "... You going to explain that cryptic comment?"
Kaworu "Nope."
Kaji "Alright. You keep your secrets, kid. Well, she seems to be very spunky. Hawter than ever, too. I can really tell that she is achin' for my mad ski11z. I got really good at tantra in college."
Kaworu "Too much information."
Kaji "Oh... Sorry."
Kaworu "Spunky... So she is in good health?"
Kaji "Yup. Though she seems to be taking a sick pleasure in killing your siblings."
Kaworu "I expected as much. But all human life on this planet is doomed to die anyway by the time this series is over."
Kaji "Yeah. I guess we need to spread out the death a little. To minimize the impact. Get it? Impact?"
Kaworu "......"
Kaji "Oh! I need to go now! There's a chick here that I can hit on to get Misato's attention! It's a great tactic, by the way. You should try it."
Kaworu "...... I'll, uh, keep it in mind?"
Kaji "Right. Later!"
>click<
Kaworu "Why are Lilim so messed up?"
Sammael makes me do it.

One has to wonder -- why was Kaji misled in the first place? Or was he? There is definitely something weird going on, at any rate.

Originally posted on: 13-Feb-2006, 22:18 GMT

Mr. Tines [ANF]
Bardiel
Bardiel

•      
  •      

Postby Mr. Tines [ANF] » Fri Oct 19, 2007 10:18 pm

This is something that just struck me when adding to an EMF thread that had started talking about Tabris and S² capability, and had gotten onto Lilith, Rei and their reunion.

It's this bit
Gendo (strained): Rei...! Please! Wait... Rei!

Rei: No. Ikari is calling me.

Gendo: Rei!

(Rei ascends to Lilith)

Rei: I'm home...

Lilith (Screen text): Welcome back.
There has been a tacit assumption that this is Shinji calling for his mummy; but at this point, EVA-01 is being dragged away by the EVA-series, Shinji having lost it totally, but Ikari Yui has just called down the LnY from the Moon.

Might she be working another summoning now?

Originally posted on: 16-Feb-2006, 18:03 GMT

OMF [ANF]
Clockiel
Clockiel

•      
  •      

Postby OMF [ANF] » Fri Oct 19, 2007 10:18 pm

Interesting, though Rei does say Ikari-kun here.

Originally posted on: 16-Feb-2006, 19:33 GMT

Reichu [ANF]
Angel
Angel

•      
  •      

Well, Shinji wouldn't have any means of communicating with Rei by himself, lacking ATF Magic and the Illumination it permits. (Not to mention she freaks him out at this point -- and she's about to scare him totally sh1tless.) It shouldn't be very hard to tell that the Maternal Divinity Trinity are all conspiring amongst themselves behind the scenes.

Anyway, this is interesting, Steve-ojisan. Yui actually would have reason to "motivate" Rei out of there before things with Gendo went the next step...

"Hey, I-- er, Shinji needs you. Well, maybe a little of both. Dump my husband -- I'll take care of him later --, get your big white arse back, and haul it up here. Oh yeah, and bring Adam with you, while you're at it..."

But I really can't get into that right now. Image

Originally posted on: 17-Feb-2006, 08:07 GMT

OMF [ANF]
Clockiel
Clockiel

•      
  •      

Postby OMF [ANF] » Fri Oct 19, 2007 10:18 pm

But Rei does say specifically that it is Shinji who is calling here. He is the primary motivator here.

Originally posted on: 17-Feb-2006, 08:29 GMT

Reichu [ANF]
Angel
Angel

•      
  •      

Well, she technically just says, "Ikari-kun is calling." There's no object, at least, none that Rei actually mentions. Nor does she mention who would have needed to "route the call" to her. The narration keeps the "Yui/Eva" aspect of things primarily in the dark -- at least in that it isn't really explaining them in full, if at all, even though they're playing out on screen -- and focuses on Shinji's involvement. So just because Rei doesn't say anything about Yui to panicky Gendo, it doesn't mean there wasn't any sort of significant intercommunication going on there...

Although, regarding the lack of a mentioned object... Shinji very, VERY obviously is not happy to see Ayanami. But what about her counterpart? Hmm, total opposite. Has Rei been carrying Adam with her all along? Yup. "Soko ni ita no, Kaworu-kun?" / "You were there (all along), Kaworu-kun?" I dunno, maybe ve's the one who Shinji was "calling" for...

Originally posted on: 17-Feb-2006, 08:51 GMT

BLACKANGEL32076 [ANF]
Embryo

•      
  •      

Postby BLACKANGEL32076 [ANF] » Fri Oct 19, 2007 10:18 pm

>kaos
The whole him/her mistake that Tabris makes is a result of Japanese being one of those languages that just doesn't translate well into English and the original translators just made a mistake.

The fact that unit-00 doesn't have pylons suggest something that is brought up in other threads and is all but confirmed in this picture: http://www.evageeks.org/full-o...op_C234_big.jpg , the pylons were meant for some kind of restraints that evolved into the catapult launch system for the Units. The fact that Unit-00 doesn't have them is a result of her being a “Prototype” model.

>Reichu
I look forward to seeing this NGE2 info you keep getting translated and available as well as the whole fem-Kaworu issue.

Your fans beckon sempei!!!

lol, j/k j/k j/k

Originally posted on: 17-Feb-2006, 03:56 GMT

Reichu [ANF]
Angel
Angel

•      
  •      

BLACKANGEL32076 wrote:>kaos
The whole him/her mistake that Tabris makes is a result of Japanese being one of those languages that just doesn't translate well into English and the original translators just made a mistake.

See what I said earlier about pronouns.

The fact that unit-00 doesn't have pylons

Reichu doesn't follow. Image

Originally posted on: 17-Feb-2006, 04:08 GMT

BLACKANGEL32076 [ANF]
Embryo

•      
  •      

Postby BLACKANGEL32076 [ANF] » Fri Oct 19, 2007 10:19 pm

Reichu wrote:See what I said earlier about pronouns.

What is refered to in the quote regarding pronouns is what I am getting to.

Reichu doesn't follow. Image

I meant that the part you refered to regarding the pylons is what I am getting at. Unit-00 is somewhat special in that it was humanity's first attempt to build an "EVA." It is only later that they put restrants like they did Adam due to the fact they couldn't control him like they thought they could. Why else would they put those things up in the first placeafter the 1st berzerker episode with Unit-00???

Originally posted on: 22-Feb-2006, 20:00 GMT

kaos [ANF]
Embryo

•      
  •      

Postby kaos [ANF] » Fri Oct 19, 2007 10:19 pm

I'm sorry... can some one remind me really quick whether or not Kaworu has an S2?

Originally posted on: 14-Apr-2006, 15:52 GMT

Return to “AnimeNation Archive”