Reichu Revelations, Part 1: Yui and Kyoko

Notable old Evangelion threads from the AnimeNation Forums are preserved here.

Moderators: Monk Ed, Ornette

thewayneiac [ANF]
Sachiel
Sachiel

•      
  •      

Postby thewayneiac [ANF] » Fri Oct 19, 2007 10:11 pm

Reichu wrote:So now we effectively get Wayne's soul severibility officially in play, in some form...

Yes!!!!!! I was right all along. Image

Originally posted on: 23-Jan-2006, 18:37 GMT

Reichu [ANF]
Angel
Angel

•      
  •      

Postby Reichu [ANF] » Fri Oct 19, 2007 10:11 pm

thewayneiac wrote:Yes!!!!!! I was right all along. Image

The basic concept appears to be there in some form, but I think it would be a big mistake to think that you already have it all figured out. Image "Don't be too proud of this technological terror you've constructed..." This soul crap is fscked-up as hell.

Well, you know, just in case you ARE being insolent. Image

Anyway, that is a matter for the MPB thread, so if you want to talk about this aspect of the Kyoko/Nigouki thing, please do it there. Thank you.

Give Reichu input.

Originally posted on: 23-Jan-2006, 18:44 GMT

Ornette [ANF]
Gaghiel
Gaghiel

•      
  •      

Postby Ornette [ANF] » Fri Oct 19, 2007 10:12 pm

Reichu wrote:Kyoko goes in, only some (however the hell that is supposed to work... The MPB Inferno Awaits) gets sucked out for whatever reason, and that and the other going-ons at the time are a catalyst to Psycho-Kyoko. BUT, if once Psycho-Kyoko is good and dead, they put the rest of Kyo's soul back together with what EVA-02 already ate (I'm guessing a complete soul would be an asset for a combat model Eva... :cough:ATF:cough: ), the requirements for #25' would be satisfied, I should think... This way, everything ought to be accounted for, except for some of the nitty-gritty MPB mechanics crap.

This makes sense to me. As for the MPB mechanics, you mean how they manage to get Eva to suck the rest out that wasn't sucked the first time? Also, I suppose this would make Kyoko's grave also an empty one (like Yui's).

On a side note, I'm having my Japanese friend take a look at that page, it may be a bit before he gets back to me, seeing as how everyone's asleep at Nagoya atm. Should I just put a link in the FGC thread?

Originally posted on: 23-Jan-2006, 19:02 GMT

OMF [ANF]
Clockiel
Clockiel

•      
  •      

Postby OMF [ANF] » Fri Oct 19, 2007 10:12 pm

Thoughts occur, but at this point, the Kyoko information will need its own thread, lest these ones become random theory dumping grounds.

Originally posted on: 23-Jan-2006, 19:12 GMT

Reichu [ANF]
Angel
Angel

•      
  •      

Postby Reichu [ANF] » Fri Oct 19, 2007 10:12 pm

Ornette wrote:This makes sense to me. As for the MPB mechanics, you mean how they manage to get Eva to suck the rest out that wasn't sucked the first time?

We speculated earlier that the reason the Eva didn't get everything was because Kyoko didn't want to go. (The fact that this "maternal aspect" was what went is actually quite interesting... But not altogether surprising, ufufufu.)

As for the MPB part, I was more referring to the forces that would cause a soul to rip apart in this manner. But save that for the other thread...

Also, I suppose this would make Kyoko's grave also an empty one (like Yui's).

Depends on whether or not Kyoko's corpse went sploosh afterwards. I'm undecided about this one. It requires further investigation of all available data before I can say anything else.

On a side note, I'm having my Japanese friend take a look at that page, it may be a bit before he gets back to me, seeing as how everyone's asleep at Nagoya atm. Should I just put a link in the FGC thread?

A link to what?

But yes please, that would be a big help. If I object to any of his work, I can always do some of my own tweakage, but having something to work from/with would be an enormous asset to me. The Classified Information is written a bit different from those rather basic scripts (which are usually no problem for me), so training wheels = good.

Or, well, you know how it goes. It's nice if someone else translates something for you, but also it's nice to be able to check their work just-in-case.

Originally posted on: 23-Jan-2006, 19:25 GMT

Soluzar [ANF]
Sahaquiel
Sahaquiel

•      
  •      

Postby Soluzar [ANF] » Fri Oct 19, 2007 10:12 pm

OMF wrote:Thoughts occur, but at this point, the Kyoko information will need its own thread, lest these ones become random theory dumping grounds.

I think that making your own thread for your ideas is an excellent idea. Image

Originally posted on: 24-Jan-2006, 08:18 GMT

OMF [ANF]
Clockiel
Clockiel

•      
  •      

Postby OMF [ANF] » Fri Oct 19, 2007 10:12 pm

I'll wait for the definitive translation before brewing some new nonsense... in which thread?

Originally posted on: 24-Jan-2006, 08:39 GMT

Ornette [ANF]
Gaghiel
Gaghiel

•      
  •      

Postby Ornette [ANF] » Fri Oct 19, 2007 10:12 pm

Reichu wrote:I've heard ideas, but nothing that really made me happy.

But I do think you are onto something that will kill (er, so to speak) this matter once and for all. So, if one accepts that it is not Yui (and I don't think it was her), then who?

While these kids do demonstrate, for the most part, that their defensive and offensive skills are pret-ty lame, they have that hidden trxty streak. And that's probably what's going on here. While 13 (and 05, too?) can't seem to be bothered to actually list a finger to defend herself, maybe she CAN be bothered to, offscreen, lift up one of the Heavy Spears of her fallen comrades, while Kyoko (through Asuka, through Kyoko), oblivious, wastes what little time she has on a one-handed core crush when she could just be doing this. (lol n00b) [BTW, we do know that the ryousanki can do this sort of stuff (e.g., Black Moon).]

I noticed something that may or may not have to do with this while skimming through EoE (for a completely different reason).

First SS: right after Asuka throws the second to last MPE (who was upside down) onto the last MPE (who was standing upright), Asuka's about to do the one-hand-core-crush
has spear/weapon in right hand

Second SS: right after the shot of the spear/weapon flying toward EVA-02, Asuka's about to throw up her AT-Field
spear/weapon is gone

I know that the MPE could have just dropped it during the one-hand-core-crush manuever, but could this be indicative that the flying spear was the one that was in the MPE's hand? I dunno... just throwing ideas out

Sorry if this was already discussed, I couldn't find anything from searches

Originally posted on: 05-Mar-2006, 06:38 GMT

Magami No ER [ANF]
Tokyo-3 Resident
Tokyo-3 Resident

•      
  •      

Postby Magami No ER [ANF] » Fri Oct 19, 2007 10:12 pm

Eh, there are a few errors that pop out when you draw scenes from that fight. Image
Who knows.

Originally posted on: 05-Mar-2006, 21:56 GMT

Return to “AnimeNation Archive”