[LAEM] What part would you audition for?

The place for all of the old Live Action Evangelion Movie threads.

Moderator: Board Staff

sadsadshinji
Nerv Scientist
Nerv Scientist

Postby sadsadshinji » Fri Nov 05, 2004 9:32 am

well...they saved cash and also didnt have the problems with overgrown egos...

Dark FireStar
Arael
Arael

Postby Dark FireStar » Fri Nov 05, 2004 3:57 pm

I think I might become a good VA. I was testing earlier with a tape recorder and sounded good. Where do I go to adution for one of thos.
Don't ban me for a limited time! Either ban me for good or let me be. (I only hold grudges for a few years lol)

sadsadshinji
Nerv Scientist
Nerv Scientist

Postby sadsadshinji » Fri Nov 05, 2004 6:35 pm

er...i dont mean to be rude or offensive...but its your voice and you will be somewhat biased in terms of what you think it sounds like...
and being a VA...it might not be the best job ever...

Dark FireStar
Arael
Arael

Postby Dark FireStar » Fri Nov 05, 2004 6:46 pm

Who gives a crap! If i make it Ill be in an Anime..AN ANIME!!! Its one of my life long dreams(well at least sence I first found out what it was LOL).
Don't ban me for a limited time! Either ban me for good or let me be. (I only hold grudges for a few years lol)

Hexon.Arq
Pilot
Pilot

Postby Hexon.Arq » Fri Nov 05, 2004 8:16 pm

Actually, you'll be dubbing anime. You'll have yourself in a position where your career may become the object of hatred and ridicule. You'll be Second Banana to the preferable talents of people from the other side of the world. And you don't make a lot for doing it, either. There's probably more gold in Burger King radio commercials, but that's Big League...

_you can't do anything, so don't even try
_get some help
_don't do what sonic does

The Eva Monkey
IT'S OVER 9000!!!
IT'S OVER 9000!!!

Postby The Eva Monkey » Sun Nov 07, 2004 7:01 pm

Very few voice actors make a living off of voice work. If you're flipping burgers at McDonalds now, and you want to become a voice actor, you'll only be making a little more. Its ridiculous how little they make. The geeky perks of the job (conventions) are what make it worth it for some.

Greg Ayres, a VA for ADV, was making a comfortable living working at a law firm. He went into voice acting, and he says "I would rather be broke and have a fun job".

But voice work is entirely besides the topic of this thread, this is about auditioning for roles in the Live Action film.

Phaze
Sandalphon
Sandalphon

Postby Phaze » Sun Nov 07, 2004 7:10 pm

Shinji, at least up to episode 5.
The purpose of writing is to inflate weak ideas, obscure poor reasoning, and inhibit clarity. With a little practice, writing can be an intimidating and impenetrable fog!

Return to “Live Action Evangelion Movie”