Shinji and Asuka

Notable old Evangelion threads from the AnimeNation Forums are preserved here.

Moderators: Monk Ed, Ornette

Seele08 [ANF]
Matarael
Matarael

•      
  •      

Postby Seele08 [ANF] » Fri Oct 19, 2007 7:46 pm

"The above theory", probably, has some problems. But my original idea has huge "support" in fact that they are alone in the shore. Where are all other people?

....sigh, its been covered in more than one thread.....
I know it came up in this thread http://animenation.net/forums/showthread.php?t=185418
and you'll have to dig for the rest, or use the much neglected search function. In short, the rest of the people have yet to return, Yui says they can if they want. The ATFs will seperate everyone back to individuals not one giant superbeing, or several smaller conglomerates.

Originally posted on: 26-Jan-2006, 22:01 GMT

AsukaxSohryux [ANF]
Lilith

•      
  •      

Postby AsukaxSohryux [ANF] » Fri Oct 19, 2007 7:47 pm

Seele08 wrote:....sigh, its been covered in more than one thread.....
I know it came up in this thread http://animenation.net/forums/showthread.php?t=185418
and you'll have to dig for the rest, or use the much neglected search function. In short, the rest of the people have yet to return, Yui says they can if they want. The ATFs will seperate everyone back to individuals not one giant superbeing, or several smaller conglomerates.

I agree, but I do believe that Asukas personality took a turn at the end. Can this be evaluated throughly? No. Shinji and Asuka came back as separated entities, but with slightly altered personalities.

Originally posted on: 26-Jan-2006, 22:09 GMT

Mr. Tines [ANF]
Bardiel
Bardiel

•      
  •      

Postby Mr. Tines [ANF] » Fri Oct 19, 2007 7:47 pm

VSh wrote:Where are all other people?

For all we are shown, Europe, the Americas and much of Asia could be back to normal, and only the Ground Zero of Third Impact looking the worse for wear; and the pilots re-embody as near to home as possible.

But we could also assume that a bunch of hardcore SF fans knew what they were doing when they had GNR put the impact into Third Impact, and the pilots are the only ones condemned to return.

Orthodoxy sits somewhere in the middle, with Shinji and Asuka merely being the first ashore. Note that we have evidence from the final scene that Shinji has been there a while, like the rust washed onto Misato's cross; though presumably Asuka has only just returned to the flesh.

Originally posted on: 26-Jan-2006, 22:10 GMT

Return to “AnimeNation Archive”